MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk Ryzen 5 3600

• Hello, do someone have an EFI that works for Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura on this setup? I've tried like 30 EFIs or more but i cannot get into the installation progress..

Regards.

MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor

AMD Radeon RX 6600

16 GB RAM

• hey notDeviiL ,

there is a quite and well known way to assure, that the efi fits, there is even a guide how to do it, cool-isn't it?

just take a look at- https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

follow the guide and section for ryzen- well done,

help the others maybe helpers by putting your pc spec into your signature or profile.

2nd. advice, take a look at HowTo: Ryzentosh

thanks

• Hey..

now I got through the setup and got the msg: "An error occurred applying the software update" thats kinda weird because EFI worked fine so far..

Here is my EFI

MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk

AMD Radeon RX 6600

16 GB RAM

• notDeviiL

Do not open up new threads with the same problem which you already mentioned here!

Stay in this one and wait for a response, instead of pooring your issue all over the forum!

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• notDeviiL

Do not open up new threads with the same problem which you already mentioned here!

Stay in this one and wait for a response, instead of pooring your issue all over the forum!

Okay, im sorry.

MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk

AMD Radeon RX 6600

16 GB RAM

• your EFi need an update in opencore and kexts (kexts are pretty old)

also patches for AMD CPU must be updated if you are trying to update OSX to latest OS available

as side note, i have had many problems to download your EFI from that provider ;)

• Okay, thanks for the info. I'll update it and try it out thank you

Edit: It worked! Thanks! I have the problem now that my RX 6600 is not showing up in the system. Do you know this Problem aswell ?

MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk

AMD Radeon RX 6600

16 GB RAM

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von notDeviiL ()

• notDeviiL your GPU needs a newer OSX

no driver for Big Sur

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fabiosun ()

• Okay, thanks for the info. I'll update it and try it out thank you

Edit: It worked! Thanks! I have the problem now that my RX 6600 is not showing up in the system. Do you know this Problem aswell ?

You'll need at least macOS Monterey für the 6600/6600 XT

• I did it guys! Thanks for the help. But now my Tosh is rebooting out of nowhere

MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk

AMD Radeon RX 6600

16 GB RAM

• Bitte was? Booting out of ?

Dell XPS 13 7390  Intel® Core™ i7-10510u - OpenCore 0.9.4 - Win 11 macOS Ventura / macOS Sonoma

MacBook Air 2022  M2 - 10 Core GPU - 16GB RAM - 512 GB - macOS Sonoma

MacMini 6,1  Late 2012 - macOS Ventura Beta - OC Legacy Patcher 0.6.9

• beim booten, oder im System? wie lange dauert es bis es passiert? unregelmäßig , oder nach dem start in einer gewissen zeit?

Dell XPS 13 7390  Intel® Core™ i7-10510u - OpenCore 0.9.4 - Win 11 macOS Ventura / macOS Sonoma

MacBook Air 2022  M2 - 10 Core GPU - 16GB RAM - 512 GB - macOS Sonoma

MacMini 6,1  Late 2012 - macOS Ventura Beta - OC Legacy Patcher 0.6.9

• Es passiert unregelmäßig. Bis ich ins OS komme startet er auch 2-5 mal neu, manchmal aber auch direkt

MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk

AMD Radeon RX 6600

16 GB RAM

• notDeviiL which EFI are you using? and which lan?