Ozmosis + El Capitan

• Hi everyone,

It's possible to instal Ozmosis bootloader for Os X El Capitan ? I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard. Thank you in advance :D

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H , SSD Corsair 128 Go, Ram 16 Go Corsair, Intel I7 2700K, Graphique HD3000

• It's not a simple question. For installing you have to use Clover installer, for working system you may use Osmosis 1479. Or wait till the Os-Team offers its next version in a few days or weeks..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

:hackintosh:

• Thank you for your response MacGrummel.

A new version of Ozomosis will be available soon ?

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H , SSD Corsair 128 Go, Ram 16 Go Corsair, Intel I7 2700K, Graphique HD3000

• There are rumors that the developers are working on a new version, but there is no release date yet.

CPU: i9 10900K - Board: Aours Master Z490 - Grafik: AMD 6800 XT - Sound: External USB DAC WLAN+BT: Broadcom BCM94360CD RAM: 4x16GB DDR4 - Dispay: LG 27GP950 (4k mit 144hz) über Display Port 1.4 + DSC - Bootloader: OpenCore - Installationsanleitung auf GitHub

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von steff89 ()

• Oh... just a rumors... At this day, what is the best solution for intall El capitan ?

• Installation itself only with clover, after installation and finetune ist finished you can use ozmosis to boot el capitan

Gruß
    Apatchenpub

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
    Wer wesentliche Freiheit aufgeben kann um eine geringfügige bloß jeweilige Sicherheit zu bewirken, verdient weder Freiheit, noch Sicherheit
    Benjamin Franklin 1775 und aktueller als nie zuvor

• Super !! Thank you for this response.

I install Ozmosis on motherboard, after I place my SSD in my PC (with El Capitan + Clover), right ?

• Yes, that's possible. But you need to do 2 things that it works:

1.) FakeSMC.kext needs to be put into:

Code
    1. /Library/Extension/FakeSMC.kext

2.) Turn off CSR by setting the NVRAM variable:

Code
    1. sudo nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:csr-active-config=%67%00%00%00

So here is the procedure in short:
    - Flash Ozmosis 1479 to your BIOS
    - Generate El Capitaion BootStick with Clover
    - Install El Capitain via Clover Boot Stick
    - Boot into El Capitain with Clover Boot Stick
    - Add FakeSMC.kext to L/E
    - Add all other necessary kexts (LAN, Audio etc.) to L/E
    - Turn off CSR via NVRAM
    - Now your Hacintosh should boot directly into El Capitaion with Ozmosis, no need for Clover anymore.

The new version of Ozmosis will support FakeSMC.kext to load directly again. So if a new version will be released, you can just flash the new Ozmosis and delete FakeSMC.kext from EFI, or leave it there. Doesn't matter, because Ozmosis always prefers the FakeSMC in EFI, only if there is non it will load it's own.

CPU: i9 10900K - Board: Aours Master Z490 - Grafik: AMD 6800 XT - Sound: External USB DAC WLAN+BT: Broadcom BCM94360CD RAM: 4x16GB DDR4 - Dispay: LG 27GP950 (4k mit 144hz) über Display Port 1.4 + DSC - Bootloader: OpenCore - Installationsanleitung auf GitHub

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von steff89 ()

• @ Steff89 that's not possible. You need to install FakeSMC.kext to /Library/Extension on El Capitan. It is not loaded from /Efi/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common/FakeSMC.kext

• razor:
    You are right, I just wrote the wrong thing, because I was so used to it :) I changed it in my earlier post.

• BTW:
    I had problems with using the nvram command to set the csr-active-config, so I put it directly into my defaults.plist on /EFI/Oz.

Code
    1. <key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
    2. <dict>
    3. <key>boot-args</key>
    4. <string>darkwake=8</string>
    5. <key>csr-active-config</key>
    6. <string>67000000</string>

Since it is a string you don't have to use the %-sign in between.
    To check if the setting is used, you can use the terminal command

Code
    1. nvram -p

which should give you the following line back:

Code
    1. csr-active-config g%00%00%00

This matches the same entry as you would have while using Clover with

Code
    1. <key>RtVariables</key>
    2. <dict>
    3. <key>BooterConfig</key>
    4. <string>0x28</string>
    5. <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
    6. <string>0x67</string>

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Hi guys, and where I can find Ozmosis for Gigabyte Z77 - DS3H REV 1.1 ?

I have Intel I7 2700K
    MSI geforce GTX 760
    Gigabyte Z77-DS3H Rev 1.1
    16 Go of Ram (Corsair)
    1 SSD Corsair 126 Go

Good configuration for Hackintosh / El Capitan ?

• @bananarezien here you go: Mod für das Z77-DS3H Rev.1.x
    1.X stands for all revisions...

• Sorry Folks,

you're right.
    The entry in the config.plist must be:

Code
    1. <key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
    2. <dict>
    3. <key>boot-args</key>
    4. <string>darkwake=8</string>
    5. <key>csr-active-config</key>
    6. <data>ZwAAAA==</data>
    7. </dict>

which then leads to the correct value in nvram -p

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt