Gigabyte C621 Aorus Xtreme ALC1220VB Problem

• Hi there,

Recently I got a w3175x with Gigabyte C621 Aorus Xtreme. First I use clover and everything seems ok without the audio. I can't get the AppleHDA loaded with AppleALC while there shows no info about audio in Hackintool. Then I tried OC but nothing changed I think.

I do use a ssdt to rename CAVS to HDEF and inject some info but nothing happened. I hope someone can help?

• AppleALC debug below:

And in PCI:

• You will find the "problem" in the name of the Audio Chip itself.

ALC1220-VB2

It's unknown in AppleALC and that's the problem...

• Edit by DSM2 :

No full quotations please!

It is completely sufficient to mark a user with @usernamehere.

wow dsm it's you.

So you mean that maybe I can do the codec in Linux, add to resources in AppleALC and compile?

do you also have this problem? lol.

BTW, I had already do this.

Codec in linux:

Code
    1. Codec: Realtek ALC1220
    2. Address: 0
    3. AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 1)
    4. Vendor Id: 0x10ec1220
    5. Subsystem Id: 0x1458a0c3
    6. Revision Id: 0x100101

And I checked the Info.plist in AppleALC/ALC1220, I bet that's the same.

Maybe my problem is how to get AppleHDA loaded.

nothing below HDEF. PC00 and PCI0(rename) got the same.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von DSM2 ()

• To be honest with you: At the time I bought my motherboard, Linux not even recognized the codec used.

So I could not dump anything. I tried a lot at the time back then but I only could fix Audio onboard with VoodooHDA testwise in macOS and afterwards disabled it completely, because I never use Onboard Audio.

Since then I didnt spend any time to check it again because I use a professional Audio Interface from the recording studio for the sound output.

Yes it's the 1220 Chip but the nodes are different compared to the known ones.

You can try ID 16 but I don't think that this will work.

You have to do a full dump and not only the information which codec is used and integrate it in AppleALC.

I don't have time and any use from it, so I don't plan to spend time on this...

There are a lot more useful things I am working on at the moment for the community.

• OK, then I'll try to do a complete codec. And I would like to paste it here if anyone want to help.

Besides, can you share your oc efi? I got some problem in OC it freeze at AppleKeyStore: failed. I get it work first but not now, maybe problems in SSDT, I use clover at now but it has issue with the power, I can't get the power down when I click shutdown.

codec#0.zip

and ACPI tables:

tables.zip

• No offense but the days of distributing my EFI's are over. Often they were used somewhere where they had nothing to do there.

In the worst case the user changed them and added some kind of garbage, which has no place there and therefore put me in a negative light or were even made money with my work by selling them.

That's why I don't do that anymore...

MacPeet can maybe help you with the codec.

You can send me your EFI via PN and I can have a look on your problem but I don't share anything... Specially not my configuration.

• You will find the "problem" in the name of the Audio Chip itself.

ALC1220-VB2

It's unknown in AppleALC and that's the problem...

Das VB2 hinten dran ist völlig irrrelevant. Auch die Angabe der Revision ist unwichtig (wird oft gern in AppleALC gesetzt, aber es läuft auch ohne diese Angabe).

Sein Device ist ganz klar ein 10ec1220 laut seinem CodecDump.

Für 1220 gibt es bereits viele ID´s (layout 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 16, 21, 27, 28, 29, 34)

Entweder stimmt generell was nicht in seiner Injektion der ID (alcID=xx, FixHDA im Clover, AppleHDA ist nicht real, etc.) oder es ist einer der ganz neuen Chipset´s.

400 Series PCH HD Audio taucht erst im nächsten Release auf, ist noch nicht mal im aktuellen SourceCode der AppleALC drin.

Hierbei ist das Device im Ioreg als HDEF1F,3 zu sehen. Bei allen normalen, gängigen Devices läuft HDEF immer auf HDEF@1B auf.

Es gibt bereits einige Devices, dir als HDEF@1F mit AppleALC laufen, kommt aber halt auf den Chipsatz an.

Bei den meisten Usern gehe ich aber generell von eigenen Anwenderfehlern aus, was sich oft gezeigt hat.

Falscher Inject mit den neuen OSX-Versionen (alcid), bzw. fehlender FixHDA im Clover, keine real-AppleHDA in S/L/E durch zahlreiche Fehlversuche, Voodoo ist noch aktiv, manche Rechner brauchen HDAS to HDEF im Clover (ohne gepatchte DSDT), etc..

Ich habe darauf auch manchmal keinen Bock, wenn das Verständnis zum Umsetzen fehlt. Ich schaue mir seinen Codec-Dump demnächst mal an, aber ich glaube nicht, dass der so unterschiedlich ist zu den vielen ID´s in der AppleALC.

Fazit: Wenn ich ALLWISSEND wäre, dann brächte ich nicht mehr arbeiten gehen, grins. Wäre toll, aber ist leider nicht so.

Medion P9614: C2D 2,8GHz 8GB DDR3 GT330M 512GB FullHD intern BCM WLAN/BT SSD 512GB + 512GB + 1TB macOS Catalina / Win10pro 8)

Real: MacMini M1: 8GB 32" LG 4k SSD 250GB + 1TB nvme USB-C + 1TB thunderbolt nvme macOS 14.4.1

MacBook Air M2 15": 8GB SSD 512GB macOS 14.4.1

MacMini2014: i5 2,8GHz 16GB DDR3 Intel Iris 5100 23" Apple-Cinema 1TB NVMe / 1TB HDD macOS 13.6.6

iPhoneSE 3.Gen 128GB: iOS 17.4.1 iPad Pro 9,7" WiFi 32GB: iPadOS 16.7.7 MacPro3,1 macOS 13.6.4 / 14.4

• Hier mal eine bereinigte DSDT.aml. Beim Öffnen mit MaciASL sind wieder Fehler drin. Einfach auf die entsprechenden Zeilen gehen und die "(Return (Zero))" rausnehmen. Oder die DSDT.dsl für weiteres Bearbeiten nutzen.

Dateien

• DSDT.aml

(240,11 kB, 195 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • DSDT.dsl

(2,08 MB, 313 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE i9-9940X • DDR4 64GB • SSD 960 PRO 1TB • Thunderbolt3 Titan Ridge • 2x AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 • BMD Intensity Pro 4K

ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G i9-10980XE • DDR4 64GB • SSD 970 PRO 1TB • Thunderbolt3 Titan Ridge • 2x AMD Radeon VII • BMD DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G

Ordnung ist die primitivste Form von Chaos. (Hans-Jürgen Quadbeck-Seeger)

• Viele IDs gibt es ja, funktionierten alle nur nicht und das lag nicht an einer Fehlkonfiguration, keine IRQ Geschichten oder sonstiges. Bei mir ist das ganze aber auch schon ewig her...

Selbst die damalig aktuellste Linux Version konnte keinen dump machen. Ich kann aber auch eh nichts mit anfangen, im Bios deaktiviert und Tonstudio interface angeschlossen. MacPeet

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DSM2 ()

• @apfelnico It seems a simply rename from CAVS to HDEF? I've tried in clover rename but can't get it work. Besides, applealc's wiki shows better not do rename I think.

@MacPeet to be honest I tried these id twice. all of them can't work. and I tried two ways suggested by applealc wiki 1. boot arg alcid=xx and 2. device property or ssdt layout-id like 0B000000. can't work.

Alright, I solved this by spoof the device to 8086:a170. weird.

I tried 8086:a2f0 first but nothing happed.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kingcyk ()