ASUS Maximus XII Formula Z490 + OpenCore

• Sgk008 Try it with my current EFI (OpenCore 0.61)

And under Platforminfo/Generic: enter your data!

Dateien

• EFI.zip

(2,27 MB, 146 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • I have followed these instructions and read up on the subject. You won't become a professional immediately after the tutorial, but you learn a lot of new things and especially you understand better what you are trying to do :)

I would also recommend it to you very much:

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

• I don't use Clover but OpenCore (0.6.1) Sorry, I cannot help you with Clover.

• So I have no problems with my GPU in Catalina or in Big Sur. I don't know where you got the info from but my GPU works fine.

• GPU support becomes much more complicated due to the near-infinite amount of GPUs on the market, but the general breakdown is as follows:

• Oh yes, you said you have the same hardware set --> and I have the Sapphire RX 5700 XT SE, so probably no problems.

• but with the Asus GPU it should also work in itself. In the tutorial the MSI GPU is excluded. Unfortunately our board has no internal graphics solution, so in the end you only have to use another GPU.

But before you get a different GPU, show a screenshot of the problem where you don't get ahead, maybe it's because of the settings of Opencore ;)

• Which version of macOS did you try to install?

And please put your EFI in here, I'll have a look.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von lg777 ()

• Which version of macOS did you try to install? Catalina or Big Sur?

This is not going to work that way either! You have to adjust the data (see screenshot)

You have to follow these instructions: https://dortania.github.io/Ope…reating-your-config-plist

• Unfortunately, I am not sure about that now. Maybe someone else can say something about it? Maybe write it in the Catalina Thread. Sorry

• ja ich bin bei der Recherche bis jetzt nur ASUS Boards mit solchen Problemen gestoßen. ASrock wird sich wahrscheinlich ähnlich verhalten, kommt ja indirekt von ASUS.

hab nen update für dich.

hab mitlerweile mein ASRrock Extreme 4 z490 und da geht der warm start von windows in macOS das der Ton noch genauso geht.

also defintiv ein ASUS problem:-)

KEIN SUPPORT PER PN!

julian2_pic.png

• Try Shutdown Windows completely. Reboot an d start OS X, then Sound should work. If not, rebuild caches, renew alc kext in Clover and clear NVRAM. Worked for me before.

But shutting down windows properly was the hint. Reboot results in sound not working.

• julian91 interessant! Vielen Dank für die Info :thumbup:

kaneske Nach einem vollständigen Neustart funktioniert alles wunderbar, nur die RGB Einstellungen für meinen GSkill RAM gehen dabei verloren. Das war ja auch der Punkt, nach normalen Restart behaltet der RAM diese Einstellungen nur funktioniert der Sound dann nicht in macOS.

----------------

UPDATE: aktuelle Version ist nun fertig! (siehe Post #1)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von lg777 ()