HP Z820 Workstation + Mac OS X Yosemite/El Capitan

• Hallo Zusammen ,

hat jemand schon mal eine HP Quadro 4000 auf einer Z800 zum stabilen laufen gebracht ? Mit nem Clover Yosemite 10.10.5 Build ?

Ich hab das Problem das meine Grafikkarte mal richtig erkannt wird der Bootvorgang sozusagen ohne Breaks durchrennt . Und alles funktioniert .
    Diverse Tests ... alles fein ... volle Grafikpower ...

Und bei dem nächsten Start hängt der Boot am AGPM(Controller) biuld GPUDict by Vendor 10deDevice06dd
    Dananch der übliche Bluetooth Missing Shit ... ( yes i know ) für nen paar sekunden und Mac OS startet
    aber ich hab ein extrem instabiles System so ziemlich jedes Programm chrashed ... Alles klemmt der Finder friert ein ... usw...

Ich habe nen kleinen Patch in der AGPM gemacht auf die Device ID von der Quadro 4000 . Nach einem Guide aus dem Netz .
    Das hat schonmal den Unkown Device Error gefixt . Die AGPM.kext löschen und Rebuild´s usw .... hab ich auch getestet mhhh quasie selbes Ergebnis .
    Ein Fix erschien mir aber Sinnvoller ... da bin ich aber echt viel zu unerfahren was besser ist ... einfach ne kext rauswerfen oder try to fix ?

Webdriver 346.02.03f01 sind installiert .

Diverse andere Bootflags Varianten habe ich durchgespielt ... Auch Webdriver Boot ... OS X Default Graphics Driver etc ...
    Ich habe alle was ich nachlesen konnte und verstanden habe ausprobiert ... Auch mal mit Pacifist ander Webdriver installiert ...03f07 usw ...

In den Nvidia Driver Manager Einstellung wir die Karte erkannt aber in keinem Slot . Mhh im Systemreport wird Bus : PCIe aber Slot : Ethernet 8o
    angezeigt ?! Öhhh irgendwo hier wird sicher die Antwort verborgen liegen !?

Ja ich weiss leider nicht wo ich selber weiter forschen bzw. nachlesen kann ? Wer weiss da bitte eine Rat oder hat ne Idee was ich falsch mache ? Oder an welcher Stelle ich ansetzten muss um weiter zu kommen ?

Cheers and thx anyway

Armin

• Edit by derHackfan - bitte keine Vollzitate verwenden.

Hi drdude,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have played with the memory settings in the SMBIOS and now my coputer sees the correct memory. Thanks. However, i could not get the audio to work. Not really an important topic for me.

However, my big concern is really the turbo boost. My hacki does not turbo boost. It just run at 2.57 GHz while turbo boost normally brings it up to 3.1GHz (in windows). This affects me a lot. I get geekbench of 30k only. with turbo boost i am sure i will be crossing the 35k mark.
    by the way, in geekbench scores i see one guy reaching 41k with these two processors. I really wonder how he/she does it.

I appreciate if someone can solve this for us.

• Hi ibnahmed, I have some more experiences to share now (but not on the turbo, unfortunately, I am very anxious to see how that is going to work out for you). I have been through a few re-installations and I realise I have forgotten a thing or two: about the audio, I forgot to mention that I have installed that patched 2.87, but it does not contain the preferences panel etc. that you need to activate the on board audio as opposed to some HDMI. So I install the official 2.8.8 for that, and manually remove the voodoohda.kext after that.

With respect to the memory, I got me some more, and then it went wrong for a while. For future readers: I have installed 96GB in the 12 available slots on the Z620. If I declare all of them in Clover Configurator or the config.plist as discussed before, the computer only sees 80GB, it has two banks missing. Surprise, surprise: the computer sees all 96GB if I set slotcount to 16 (even though there are only twelve, and the declared DIMMs are stated to be in slots 0-11).

Now, I am fiddling to get some kind of dual boot with windows working properly, next on the agenda after that is probably the turbo stuff. Good luck!

• Edit by derHackfan - bitte keine Vollzitate verwenden - the same like above.

Hi Drdude,

Similar things. I have actually set the slots to 16 in clover. I have declared 5 slots with these 5 slots declared, the computer sees the 7 dimms installed. Interesting. When i declared 4 slots, the computer only saw 5 dimms. Nice.

That turbo stuff is killing me. I run a lot of runder jobs. My workstation is running with handbrake and squeeze for days now. Cool

Edit: So now i read somewhere that removing the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext actually allows you to turbo boost. I will try this one day, but now i cannot stop my render queue. :)

Edit: There no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to be removed.! apparently this is already removed as part of the setup.

Anyway, i have searched a bit and fint that it is possible to edit the SSDT using this method. Has anyone tried?

When i run the shell i get the error that the processor names not found and then it stops.
    Have posted the bug in github and i am awiating the reply. Anyway, from what is read, it is the related to the patched DSDT given by Girven. The script cannot find the cpu scope in the DSDT.

https://rossfisher.me/2016/01/…tosh-runs-a-2500k-4-8ghz/

• Hallo !!

First of all, I don't speak Deutsch. Sorry.

I´d like invite you all to my full guide of z820 and el Capitan. It's the result of a lot of hard work to get running El capitan on my Z820.

The reason of this post is because I saw here the tip for fix the usb issue on install. It was the end of the long and black tunnel :) And I'd like express my gratitude sharing with you all my guide.

I hope you join, share and have fun.

dank!!

• Thanks for the link... :)
    Looks good, especially the LSI-SAS-Controller...

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!