Lenovo Thinkpad T530

• Do you have an i7 CPU (you should put your Hardware Specs into your profile)? If yes ... never. Because the i7 model has a dedicated Gfx Card which is hard wired to the mDP Port. No chance to get the HD Gfx working than.

• HI @ Sasha_77

I'm not talking about a graphics card or GFX, I'm talking about how to use an external monitor.

Yes, I have an i7 (3720QM) Notebook where it is very necessary to use an external monitor

• antukst Mini Display Port to DVI Adapter is working just fine. Or a Lenovo Dock works as well. Tested both, woking here.

VGA: "On OS X 10.8.2 and newer it is impossible to have VGA on Ivy Bridge systems." https://github.com/acidanthera…/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

Latest Version of the EFI: https://github.com/5T33Z0/Lenovo-T530-Hackinosh-OpenCore

Latest DeviceProperties with Framebuffer-Patches for both Display Panel variants (HD and HD+): T530 Framebuffer Patches.plist

AAPL,ig-platform-id 04006601 = HD+ = 1600x900 px

AAPL,ig-platform-id 03006601 = HD = 1366x768 px

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von 5T33Z0 ()

• antukst

Yes but I´m talking about it because the mDP Port does not work with these dedicated GFX Card inside. You could switch it off in the BIOS. But the mDP is hardwired to this card. Its not possible to get out the HD4000 Videosignal through the Port. 5T33Z0 has an upgraded Model. There was an i5 inside before and than he upgraded to i7. The i5 has no dedicated GFX Card. Thats the reason because the mDP is working with the Intel HD on his machine.

I have the same model like you. The only way you could get the nVidia GFX Card (and therefore the mDP) working is to use 10.11. But its very buggy than and tricky. I think that it´s not your aim. And who wants to use 10.11 these days?

• Ahh, interesting. See, I didn't know that the variant with the dedicated Graphics Card was hardwired to the miniDP.

antukst Let me know if you want to try your luck with a docking station. I have a spare one since I upgraded mine. It's a Model 4337 with a DP and DVI Port. If you live in Germany I can sell it to you for cheap.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von 5T33Z0 ()