[Success] ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (WIFI) + i9-9900K + Radeon VII + Dual boot Windows 10 / macOS Catalina 10.15.3 + iGPU (iMac19,1)

• INVESTEGATE´s Workstation RGB Dual Boot Build

ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi), i9-9900K - XFX Radeon VII

Youtube-Video zum Hackintosh:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-IVDOtJTr8

GEEKBENCH 5

Components

ASUS ROG Maximus XI HERO (WI-Fi) Motherboard

G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 32GB DDR4 3600MHZ (2x16GB)

Intel Core i9-9900K Processor

Corsair H110i GT Cooler

XFX Radeon VII

Corsair Force MP510 1920 GB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2-SSD (up to 3480 MB/s) (for macOS)

Samsung EVO 970 M.2-SSD 250GB (for Windows 10)

Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB HDD (shared storage)

ABWB 802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM94360CS2 Combo Karte für Hackintosh (Mac OS X)

Corsair RM850i Power Supply

NZXT H500i Tower

* BIOS (Version: 1502, latest at this moment)

I followed the usual recommendations set out in the basic guide on this website. After setting the system back to factory settings, I placed the following settings:

• Overclocker Tuner -> X.M.P I
    • Enhanced Multi-Core Performance (So your 9900k is now a 9900ks ;) -> Enabled
    • USB Config > EHCI Hands Off -> Enabled
    • Advanced > System Agent (SA) Config > Primary Display > PCIE and Enable the iGPU
    • VT-d -> Disabled
    • VTx -> Disabled
    • Secure Boot -> Disabled
    • OS Type -> Other OS
    • Launch CSM -> Enable
    • Fast Boot -> Disable

You can do it like in this Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Xo_WyzfeQ

FOR DUAL BOOT:

* Installation

I try it first with Mojave 10.14.6 on a USB Stick with the Terminal.

Then i use the Clover Bootloader (Clover_v2.5k_r5104) I only klick on the first two boxes at the configuration: installation on UEFI and ESP. All other i let it as default.

I take the EFI of this Forum-Post (https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/38883-install-stick-für-diverse-system-varianten-high-sierra-10-13-6-mojave-10-14-6-un/?pageNo=1) and select the HSW folder and the imacpro1.1 config file. Then i edit it with the latest verison of Clover Configurator like in this awesome german Tutorial:

Das beste deutsche Videotutorial von A bis Z:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCxO-edVH0M

In the Configurator i chose the iMac19,1 as my device.

Look at my EFI-Folder for the Clover Settings and the kexts:

EFI.zip

Boot-Arguments:

dart=0

-v

keepsyms=1

debug=0x100

-v

agdpmod=pikera

-uia_exclude_hs

uia_include=HS01,HS03,HS05,HS07,HS09,HS11,HS13

The installations works fine. But the graphic card wasnt right detectet. So i updated macOS in the System to Catalina 10.15.3. The Update worked smooth and after 20 mins the update was succsessfully. And the grafic card works fine :D

At this moment all works!

*UPDATE:

I updatet to Catalina 10.15.4 because i had some random freezes. I think their was a problem with the grafikcard.

I had an error by updating:

"The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk. (-69793)"

Then i restart and boot normal to macOS. And all works fine on 10.15.4.

I change the graficcard to the big brother from RX 5500 XT to RX5700 XT. Works all very nice now :)

I downgraded back to 10.15.3 because there a problems with the Graphiccards. I also change the Graficcard from a RX 5700 RX to a XFX Radeon VII. And i change my RAM to 32GB 3600MHZ.

i9-9900k - ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI (WIFI) - XFX Radeon VII

11 Mal editiert, zuletzt von INVESTEGATE ()

• INVESTEGATE

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt
  • INVESTEGATE

Hat den Titel des Themas von „[Success] ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (WIFI) + i9-9900K + RX 5500 XT + Dual boot Windows 10 / macOS Catalina 10.15.3“ zu „[Success] ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (WIFI) + i9-9900K + Radeon VII + Dual boot Windows 10 / macOS Catalina 10.15.3 + iGPU (iMac19,1)“ geändert.