[English] I need some help with El Capitan and Z77X-UD5H and Ozmosis. This is the best place, but I don't speak German. Can anyone help?

• Hi all,

Hopefully you can help. I'm using the latest BIOS mod from here for my Z77X-UD5H rev 1.0 board, but I cannot get the El Capitan USB installer to boot, and using this BIOS breaks my current Yosemite installation.

In verbose mode, the installer seems to stall about a quarter of the way through loading, always on something to do with IOBluetooth, but its not an error, it just halts.

Can anyone offer any insight into the correct method? I'm running Intel Core i7 3770K, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H mobo, Intel HD4000 IGPU, 16GB RAM. There is also a PCI firewire card plugged in, which I think is this one.

This guide doesn't seem to work for me either; the BIOS supplied in that guide freezes up my machine and I need to restore the BIOS from the backup.

Thanks in advance for you help.

• Hi
    IOBluetooth,
    steh next step in the routine is Graphics
    It can be a graphic problem

btw. Can you remove the PCI firewire card?

Intel - diverse geniale Hardware bis einschließlich Skylake, damals...

AMD X6 1035T Silentmaxx TwinBlock - ASRock N68-S -8GB RAM - XFX HD 6450 Passiv - Etasis EFN-300

AMD 7 3700X - Noctua NH-P1 - B550 Aorus Pro V2 - RX460 Passiv - Silentmaxx Fanless II 500 Platinum

- - - - - - - - HOWTO: RYZENTOSH - - - - - - - -

• He doesn't have to...

The issue is the Defaults.plist in which the info about the HD4600 must be set.
    Since the standard OZM package doesn't contain those infos, you have to create a dedicated Defaults.plist and put it on the hidden EFI-Partition into the folder /EFI/Oz.

I attached a working plist-file, which also sets your System Definition to an iMac14,1.

Dateien

• Defaults.plist

(2,39 kB, 220 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Hi,

Thanks for your replies - it's worked for the most part, except it doesn't appear to have loaded the Kext needed for the graphics. They're properly identified as HD4000 Intel chips in Sysrem Report, but only show 14mb of VRAM and also indicate that no Kext has loaded.

Don't usually need a Kext for the IGPU on this board as its supported by Apple - any idea whats happened?

Thanks again for your help and replies.

• Hi,

I just added the HD4000 Inject into the DSDT.
    Please try the attached file...

Dateien

• DSDT.aml

(45,88 kB, 180 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• As I have the same board & CPU I'd like to share the Clover-method that worked perfectly for me: https://github.com/theracermas…gabyte-GA-Z77X-DSDT-Patch

It's a complete guide with scripts for Bios-Configuration, USB-Installer and Clover-Configuration.

Have fun!

Workstation: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - i7-3770K @ 4,4GHz - GTX 760 - 16 GB - Apple BT/Wlan-Karte - Bios 16j - Mojave
    Server: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 - I5-2500K - GTX 780 6GB - 1
    6 GB - Bios U1E - Apple BT/Wlan-Karte - Mojave, OS X Server

MacBookAir 2012, i7, Mojave

• The DSDT has worked! Now to install El Capitan. I shall report if I'm successful/.

Thank you so much once again!

EDIT: El Capitan works! The only issues I have now, which are both unimportant currently, is that my machine thinks its a Mac Pro 3,1 in some places and an iMac 14,1 in others. Are there a couple of places this system identifier is stored, and is there a way to get consistency?

Secondly, my bluetooth seems to have stopped working. This isn't that important to me though.

Thanks again!

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt