HacinTosh - Ryzen 5950X - MSI Meg Unify X570 + AMD GPU (?)

• Mac on a normal HDD fine as well

You must be joking, today no OS is Fun on an rotating System Drive.

What you expect from it? 16-Core CPU, a top of the line GPU and an IOPS like a Snail?

Must be frustrating to use this.

Zur GPU Thematik:

Für deinen Fall brauchst du eine GPU, eine unterstützte.

Da gibt es einige, aber du brauchst eine, sonst kannst du das nicht brauchbar nutzen.

Falls du auch ins Internet willst: WiFi oder Kabel?

• Hey fabiosun,

thanks, I'm going to take a look!

Right now I am downloading MacOS. I believe its the latest Big Sur, not sure if it will run, or if I should limit myself to some older Big Sur Version.

• Hey fabiosun,

thanks, I'm going to take a look!

Right now I am downloading MacOS. I believe its the latest Big Sur, not sure if it will run, or if I should limit myself to some older Big Sur Version.

I had some experiences with big sur 11.5 and MSI x570 platform

you have to try and I permit myself to say, do not give up fastly

Your system must work well! :)

• kaneske

Ich hätte es jetzt erst einmal mit der 3080 getestet (Quasi ohne Treiber ? ). Geplant ist jedoch eine 6900 XT oder 6950 XT (Die 6950 XT ist nur ne 6900 XT mit schnellerem Takt, ansonsten baugleich)

Internet, per Kabel. Wifi / Bluetooth hab ich auch, ist aber theoretisch nicht wichtig.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 Wifi/BT

Realtek RTL8125 LAN

Audio ist:

Realtek ALC1220

• zu 6950XT ist mir noch kein erfolgreicher Spoof bekannt, diese wird ohne nicht mit Beschleunigung laufen.

6900XT/6800(XT) oder 6600(XT) laufen OOB ab Monterey

Spoof ist kein Problem. Beschleunigung geht auch :)

Score unter Windows: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/compute/5067276

Score unter MacOS: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/compute/5316139

Anbei noch die SSDT für Karten mit der ID 73A5 (zum spoofen)

Dateien

:beachball: Notebook: Macbook Pro 2021, Apple M1 Max 10 CPU / 32 GPU, 32GB RAM :beachball:

• Also wo ich aktuell nicht ganz durch sehe, ist das SSDT, was man brauch.

Muss ich mir jetzt mit SSDTime eins selber bauen? Da ich es ja erst einmal mit der 3080 testen möchte? Oder läuft das auf der 3080 erst gar nicht?

lg

• Don't mix stuff ;)

you don't need now of any ssdt to try to boot

then you could refine your ACPI folder

Firstly you have to build an EFI with a macOS Full installer of Big Sur

Try to boot and see where it hangs (if it hangs)

SSDT for GPU spoofing will be useful with 6950 GPU ( and you have to build a proper one for your IOREG GPU address)

• I'm just following some Video Guide, and it shows, that I need some SSDT Files, to spoof some kind of Hardware. CPUs etc.

I downloaded all the KEXTs now and the Recovery Files. So can I just skip the SSDT Part?

• for now you do not need to spoof anything

If you will buy a 6950XT pr a 6900 XT XTHX you must spoof device id to a supported one

3080 is not supported

it means no drivers for it and no acceleration (no spoof and so on)

if you use a recovery USB installer you must insert in Kext a proper Kext for ethernet card I think this one:

LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext

do not use WIFI to install because you have to find a right combination for your intel hardware

• Hey,

just want report back to you. I am writing you out of my MacOS. So installation worked fine.

The only error it shown in MacOS was "To many memory installed"

Processor is shown as 3,4 GHZ 16 Core Intel Xeon W. So I assume everything works fine?

The M2 SSD is missing tho. Any way to add it to my System?
    My normal SSD and my 2 HDDs are detected fine.

Anything else I have to check?

• Bravo! :)

could you post EFI you used so we can try to check it?

The only error it shown in MacOS was "To many memory installed"

Processor is shown as 3,4 GHZ 16 Core Intel Xeon W. So I assume everything works fine?

both of this are adjustable

The M2 SSD is missing tho. Any way to add it to my System?

In which slot is your M2 installed?

And which Big Sur have you installed?

• My bad, the M2 SSD is shown, I renamed it on my Windows, to reflect it on my MacOS.

The M2 SSD is shown as Removable Disk tho. Can I fix that? (Just a visual thing but..)

16 Core is fine, same with my Memory. It shows 32 GB. Is it fine to run 32 GB RAM tho?

• post your config.plist without serial and UUID

Name of your CPU should be Ryzen 16 coreàand also memory slot error is solvable if you use RestrictEvents.kext in your config.plist

The M2 SSD is shown as Removable Disk tho. Can I fix that? (Just a visual thing but..)

this is solvable via device properties or more simply with a quirk in config.plist

• I removed SystemSerialName and SystemUUID. Hope that's correct, if not let me know.

PS: My M2 SSD = Disk0 and the partition is 04

So something like Disk0?04 can't remember exact term.

Dateien

• config.plist

(36,46 kB, 29 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • Enaske

add this kext in your kext folder and declare it in kernel/add config.plist

you should also set better kext order

Usually lilu should be in first place and virtualSMC in second place or similar

Dateien

• nein :)

or better I do not use that method

change with this config and only copy the kext in Kext folder (OC/Kext

this config should solve memory error and also CPU name

Dateien

• Works fine, thanks.

About my M2 SSD, I saw, that you need to add something to the DeviceConfig.

However, I am not sure, how to find the PciRoot. The only stuff I found was:

(I assumed, that Mass Storage = External Drives?)

Code
    1. 2B:00.0 1022 7901 1022 7901 Disabl Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] Mass storage control SATA controller /pci1022,7901@0 pci1022,7901 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x9,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
    2. 2C:00.0 1022 7901 1022 7901 Disabl Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] Mass storage control SATA controller /pci1022,7901@0 pci1022,7901 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0xA,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
  • now is dinner time here

if you do not solve tomorrow I will try to help

you have to find your ACPI disk name and declare it in device properties as internal (in your config.plist)

• Code
    1. 01:00.0 1987 5012 1987 5012 Disabl Phison Electronics Corporation E12 NVMe Controller Mass storage control Non-Volatile memory /pci1987,5012@0 pci1987,5012 PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

This worked. Now my SSD is shown as Built In, amazing. Time to buy a GPU now I guess? :X