Success with GA-Z77MX-D3H Sierra + Ozmosis

• Hello guys!
    First of all, thanks everyone involved in Ozmosis mod development!

Just wanted to share my experience on successful Sierra installation to the GA-Z77MX-D3H (not TH) with bios from this forum Z77MXD3H.17b-Sierra.rom.zip (big thanks to @griven) plus Nvidia 650 video card. This guide can be used on similar Gigabyte boards.

So first of all, flash the bios as usual, reset to default params. Then disable vt-d, enable xHCI and EHCI hand-off, and you good to go (if I remember everything correctly :) )
    Next, to make Nvidia card work with Sierra, we need to change few strings in nvram. This step is needed because modded BIOS I mentioned, has iMac 15 product id, and for some reason Nvidia is not working with it. Another option is to build your own BIOS :)
    So, back to the nvram - boot with F12 into EDK Shell that comes with modded BIOS and type this commands line by line(I know this is boring but you want perfect hackintosh, right? :P ):

Code
    1. setvar SystemSerial -guid 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 -nv -ascii ="C02KP025F8JC"setvar BaseBoardSerial -guid 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 -nv -ascii ="C02KP025F8JCF325D"setvar BiosDate -guid 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 -nv -ascii ="03/09/13"setvar BiosVersion -guid 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 -nv -ascii ="IM142.88Z.0118.B00.1309031249"setvar ProductName -guid 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 -nv -ascii ="iMac14,2"setvar ProductFamily -guid 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 -nv -ascii ="iMac"setvar ProductId -guid 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 -nv -ascii ="Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61"exit

If you want set whatever boot args, use this command:

Code
    1. setvar boot-args -nv -ascii ="-v npci=0x2000 etc"exit

(But in my case I don't need any boot args)

That's all with the hard stuff — now insert prepared USB with vanilla Sierra installation, boot it and install system(You can easily find how to create boot usb by keyword 'createinstallmedia sierra')
    System will install, and everything will be working except network card. We need one kext to make it work(attached). Go to S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext/show package contents/Contents/Plugins/place our kext here.
    Then, download kext utility, and run i to set permissions and clear caches. Reboot when done.

I do not use VoodooHDA and onboard audio at all($10 usb sound card make life very easy for me), so there will be no audio kext.

If you have bluetooth dongle, and system automatically wakes from sleep, go to Bluetooth preferences, and disable "Allow bluetooth to wake computer".

Thanks for reading :)

P.S. My Intel 2500K even works with some overclocking to 4.2 even with speedstep support, without SSDT or anything, don't know HOW exactly, but it works like in windows :D

• @arturkin thank you for your feedback glad to see it working :D

As you mentioned I used iMAC15,1 as Systemdefinition which was not the best choice since it won´t work with NVIDIA based Systems. To make thinks easier for future users I just uploaded a bunch of new Files especially for this Board which use iMAC14 Systemdefinitions to be more compatible with NVIDIA Graphics. As a little Bonus since there is plenty of room in the rom image I also created a version which includes AtherosL1cEthernet.kext as well as one which includes Mieze AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext since there are known issues with L1c Ethernet if you transfer big amounts of Data to NAS Devices or use NAS Devices als TimeCapsule (Kernelpanic). You´ll find the new files right here: Mod für das Z77M-D3H

• @griven many thanks for updates! But you uploaded new files for the Z77M-D3H, and this topic was about Z77MX-D3H :facepalm: Gigabyte model count don't makes it easy for us :) I think it'll be appreciated anyway by Z77M-D3H users.

• Gigabyte and their model count...
    Here are the right files Mod für das Z77MX-D3H I guess it´s a happy day for Z77M-D3H and Z77MX-D3H users :D

• Hi Arturkin,
    as i am thinking about "ozmozing" my Hackintosh for a longer time now, i read your successful Thread here. My question is very simple:
    So you just flashed your BIOS with the Ozmozis-Bios (or the altered BIOS from Griven with iMac 14.2) and that's it ? Install with Vanilla-USB-Stick (no bootloader) and no more Hacks to do ? Nothing ? Btw, which Ethernet you took in the end ? AtherosL1C or AtherosE2200 ?? Thanx for any help in advance :)

Cheers Jazzman

Btw: Griven, if you read this: can i install Sierra with my GTX970 ? Or are there additional steps to do ?

• Despite all the cool stuff, I have a one problem with my hack, maybe someone can help: system not always waking from sleep. 1 time of 10 waking ends with BIOS rebooting few times, seems that settings are being reset, then restored and everything boots normally.

@Jazzman1969,
    Yes, you're correct. Everything that I did during installation I wrote down in first post. Ozmosis is the bootloader inside the BIOS, that's why you don't need any other bootloader.
    I'm still using 'AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.zip' for the network card. Did not tried new BIOS'es from @griven yet. About GTX970 - you need to google if that card is supported by the system.

• The GTX970 is supported but needs NVIDIA Webdrivers to work without them there is a chance that the system freezes on boot or will boot to Blackscreen.

• I want the Ozmosis 167x-mass.zip file contains those .ffs files, such as:
    AAE65279-0761-41D1-BA13-4A3C1383603F_Ozmosis.ffs
    99F2839C-57C3-411E-ABC3-ADE5267D960D_OzmosisDefaults.ffs
    961578FE-B6B7-44C3-AF35-6BC705CD2B1F_EnhancedFat.ffs

• So all you want is an already extracted XMAS Version of OZ?
    Well here you go: oz_xmas.zip

• Maybe someone can point me to the solution about CMOS settings are being reset after wake from sleep sometimes? Tried patched AppleRTC kext — does not help :(

• You need to patch your DSDT an apply an RTC Patch in order to avoid this behaviour...

• You need to patch your DSDT an apply an RTC Patch in order to avoid this behaviour...

Thank you very much for the answer. How can I patch DSDT if I'm using your modded BIOS?

• There are ways to extract the DSDT.aml from your BIOS.
    Either with the app Maciasl directly or by extracting it from the ROM-file with the OZMTool Terminal app.
    After patching the file, you can put it on your hidden EFI-Partition into the folder /EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load and it will be used instead of the Original file in your BIOS, after a reboot.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt