Oz Gi-Z77P-D3 Alc887 soundcard don't work

• I ran into problems when I used applealc to drive the sound card with ozmosis,But sound card is normal with the Clover. Here are some of my information, Thanks!
    OS Ver:10.13.6
    Kext: Lilu 1.26 und AppleALC 1.3.1
    Inject LayoutID: DSDT.aml
    ===========================================
    Logs:
    2018-08-03 09:47:06.063616+0800 localhost kernel[0]: (kernel) AppleALC: alc @ alc-layout-id was not provided by controller at HDEF

2018-08-03 09:47:06.063632+0800 localhost kernel[0]: (kernel) AppleALC: alc @ alc-layout-id was not provided by controller at HDEF

PCI:

SoundCard

IORegistryExplorer3 Import:
    CHEN的iMac.zip

OZ Folder
    OZ.zip

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von chroncie ()

• Please reply in english... you'll never know if the corresponding user is able to read and understand your language...

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von al6042 ()

• @chroncie
    please try attached DSDT in which the layout-id for your ALC887 is switched to 1 instead of 5...

Also, please do not use the small hammer symbol in the edit-bar.... this symbol is to caution a user if he or she did something against our rules... ;)

Dateien

• DSDT.aml

(41,78 kB, 73 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• @al6042 Thank you for the DSDT file you provided,i try the 1-5 does'nt work! but I see the relevant posts at the bottom, I replace AppleALC.kext with AppleALC-OZM.kext, the audio device began to work ! Very happy ~:D
    now ,I had a question about AppleALC, Do AppleALC file need special processing to use with ozmosis?
    {Gelöst} Gigabyte Rev1.1 Z77P-D3 encounter problems Audio and Network don't work

• Only for older versions.
    They had a plugin-kext inside, which would lead to a kernel-panic with Ozmosis.
    Therefore you had to use the merge_pinconfigs.sh from the Tools-Directory of the github ressources to merge the plugin-kext into the original AppleALC.
    This step is obsolete since AppleALC version 1.2.5 from April 2018.

Gruß
    Al6042

• I replace AppleALC.kext with AppleALC-OZM.kext, the audio device began to work ! Very happy ~:D

That didn't solve the actual problem, we should try to fix that...

Here's whats going on:
    Since AppleALC version 1.2.8 a new way of injecting the layouts was introduced. AppleALC now knows 3 properties: layout-id, alc-layout-id, apple-layout-id. layout-id will not be used anymore, which is done to avoid AppleHDA.kext file dependencies.
    When you inject layout-id it should be automatically converted to alc-layout-id which doesn't work in your case (and many cases where the inject comes from ACPI). That's why you should alter your DSDT (ACPI injection) to make it compatible with the new AppleALC.kext. I would suggest to inject both layout-id and alc-layout-id for the moment. Later on you should be able to delete layout-id from your DSDT (to avoid unwanted AppleHDA behaviour, which is why this patch was done by vit9696).
    Here's what it should look like atm:

Inject the alc-layout-id that you need. For High-Sierra and below, 1 should work fine. For Mojave you'll probably need to use alc-layout-id 5. Afterwards you should be able to use the latest AppleALC.kext...

Du kommst bei deinem Problem nach dem unendlichsten Versuch nicht weiter? Dann schreib mir eine Nachricht für eine TeamViewer Sitzung. Nur wenn es gar nicht mehr weiter geht!
    Alle anderen Fragen und Anliegen gehören ins Forum.

• @kuckkuck perfect solution to my problem! Insert it into the dsdt.aml and audio device was normal after reboot ! thank you !

• In that case we should add the green "Finished"/"Settled" check... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042