EL Capitan Installation auf Lenovo Yoga 900s

• That's great news so far...
    did you use the cloverpackage I added a couple of posts ago?

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• So i used the kexts. Originally, I created a Clover installation USB, but it kept failing when ever I tried to start the installation. It would show me the Apple logo, and then boot into Windows.

So I decided to go with UniBeast, which did in fact work to boot me into the OS X installer. Although the touchpad kext didn't work. The Ps2 kext causing me to have a KP.

As I said, the main issue appears to be getting the NVMe to be recognized.

• Its an Impossible Mission

This did not age well. lol. Before I explain my process, let me just say that at this moment, I am back to Windows 10 on my 900S because I need a properly functional device.

First, I created an El Capitan installer using Unibeast. For whatever reason, I could not get the installer to boot using Clover, even with the recommened optimizations.

Secondly; I had to add the HackerFamily, and IONVMEFamily kexts, and patch the plist. (Apologies for not including links at this time).

However, all of the above would have been useless if I had not rolled back my BIOS. The standard Lenovo BIOS does not really allow one to make major system changes. Lenovo released a special bios for Linux installation on the 900S. After I ran it, I accessed the BIOS, and I had to switch from RAID to AHCI, and change a few other common settings.

Once that was done, I was successfully able to to move ahead with my EL Capitan Install. The NVMe was recognized, and all was well.

Except: The kext for keyboard and trackpad posted in this thread keep causing me to experiance KP during the installation process. Ultimatly I am left to use a standard USB keyboard and Mouse.

Anyway, the system is nice, but without functional wifi, keyboard, and mouse (and god only knows what else won't work...) I decided that this simply isn't a practical use of my time - at this point in time - I need a properly functional laptop.

Also; I used Clover Configurator to set the system as MacBook9,1 (12" - Core M 6th Gen) In addition, I discovered I had to se the RAM as relying on only one slot - but marked as dual channel - in order for the system to recognize the full 8GB. The screen actually displayed at the proper 2560x1440, but with just a few MB of video RAM.I simply wasn't prepared to start messing with that.

Cheers!

• Interesting Development... :)

So, I guess you should finish your finals and then we go ahead and make a hackbook of your machine... ;)

BTW: I prefer MacBookPro13,1 for an Skylake-based laptop... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Good news :thumbsup:

In the other Thread, it does not work with the Linux-Bios und NVMe-Kext

Intel - diverse geniale Hardware bis einschließlich Skylake, damals...

AMD X6 1035T Silentmaxx TwinBlock - ASRock N68-S -8GB RAM - XFX HD 6450 Passiv - Etasis EFN-300

AMD 7 3700X - Noctua NH-P1 - B550 Aorus Pro V2 - RX460 Passiv - Silentmaxx Fanless II 500 Platinum

- - - - - - - - HOWTO: RYZENTOSH - - - - - - - -

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt