macos 13 bootloop beim ersten Start nach der Installation !

• OSX-Einsteiger

Check max kernel

It should be good

Only description should be updated

• fabiosun

I don‘t understand the OCAT App, because your screenshot looks different than the OCAT and I have not so good eyes to look at it properly because of my disability. Can I test with the actual EFI or do I need the old one that you deleted? Im really sorry but I didn‘t download the previous EFI that you sent 😔

• Use the latest Efi

The one I have deleted have had errors

About OCAT and picture I have posted

I use OCAT and also a plist editor ( the picture is from plist editor pro app)

OSX-Einsteiger

dev updated the app and now also Kernel patches descriptions are good

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fabiosun ()

• fabiosun

Hello fabiosun, Thank you very much for your help. The updated Efi from you works perfectly and will make my everyday life in connection with my visual impairment a lot easier and gives me more independence. This is absolutely great for me.

I would really like to understand the process of how to create/update an EFI like this, since I would really like to learn doing this myself. Would you share with me where I can find the necessary information? For instance, which entries in the configuration must be adjusted for a given system and how do I know which kext data I need for which system? Is there a source where I could find these kinds of information?

I would also like to know which programs you used exactly.

I have already installed the plist editor pro.

Again, thanks for your help. It means a lot to me.

Waylin

• waylin happy for the good results you have had

1) you are an AMD CPU user

AMD users have to hope that when they update OS to a newer version, AMD Kernel patches are working with the new OS release ( and this is a risk more we have respect hackintosh Intel users)

Patches used in your config.plist (section Kernel/Patches) are useful to boot from High Sierra os to latest Ventura 13.1 beta 2 os (your GPU instead is supported from Big Sur 11.4 OS, before no GPU acceleration and a bad OSX experience)

A famous and used source is Dortania guide, I personally never used it but many hackintosh users did

A simplified method to update a working EFI is an app you know (OCAT), I suggest to try it in all its feature to learn in a guided way how to modify stuff

Before of this to read OpenCore documentation, which is the "Sacro Graal" to follow with inside all the advices of opencore boot loader creator to achieve perfect result of our hackintosh

An important thing to know as AMD Cpu user is that your kernel patches are created to support your CPU core number, this for algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package, if you update your cpu with a (ie) a 5900x, you have to change the values you find in replace part of your patches:

B808

BA08

BA08

08 means 8 core

if you change your CPU with a 12 core cpu, 08 will become 0C (12 in ex)

2) kext to use

Usually to start it is better to use less you can

in many situation system could boot fine only with Lilu and virtualSmc kexts only

then you can refine your system in a better way to use all device you have (Bluetooth / wifi, audio and so on)

a simplified schema for many hardware could be:

lilu

virtualSMc

AppleAlc

WhateverGreen

but this is a part of user study and passion to have own system working as he desires

3) app to edit config .plist

Xcode

Plist Editor pro (not free)

Xplist

OCAT

OCAT has a graphical interface and many option to start also without to be a coder or with only less skill and time to learn

4) hackintosh forum are the best option to learn this field

personally I am here on hackintosh forum and on macOS86.it

5) place where you can find always updated kernel patches for AMD System

AMD OSX vanilla GitHub

• fabiosun

The dear waylin would like to have a German manual because he is not so powerful the English language :).

Then I will try to create an EFI Guide with OCAT from scratch [hehee].

• OSX-Einsteiger

I tried to write in German in the forum but the good Kaneske made me realize that the google translation was not very good and I desisted!

about the EFI guide

With AMD system is very simple to build with OCAT an initial EFI to start for owned system

Starting from internal OCAT Database

AMD initial EFI are from real AMD users who have uploaded it on OCAT database

They are a "starting point" to improve and optimise EFi we want to use and to have

• @OSX-Einsteiger, @fabiosun

Hi, ich habe das Problem das ich die Anleitung egal ob deutsch oder englisch für ocat gar nicht erst gefunden habe. :-)

Und ja, mein Englisch ist wirklich Scheiße beziehungsweise es hat sogar ein Freund für mich übersetzt, was wohl auch nicht ganz optimal war.?

Ich wollte aber generell wiesen wo man die ganzen infos herbekommt also auch noch mal danke an fabiosun für die Erklärungen.

Gibt es ein gutes Tutorial oder eine schriftliche Anleitung für ocat?.

Soweit wie ich das jetzt verstanden habe, gibt es in ocat Eine Datenbank, in der man sich alles raussuchen kann ist das richtig?

Wenn man sein funktionierendes efi nur für eine neue macos Version anpassen will

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von waylin ()

• Hi, ich habe das Problem das ich die Anleitung egal ob deutsch oder englisch für ocat gar nicht erst gefunden habe.

OCAT ( OCAuxiliaryTools )

https://github.com/ic005k/OCAu…ols/releases/tag/20220235

Kleiner Guide https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-L…/main/D_Updating_OpenCore

Hier schon etwas Älter und auch nicht aktuell .

OpenCore Auxiliary Tools (OCAT): Config, OpenCore, Drivers, Kexts und Resources stressfrei aktualisieren

PLIST Editor

https://github.com/ic005k/Xplist/releases/tag/1.2.47

Soweit wie ich das jetzt verstanden habe, gibt es in ocat Eine Datenbank, in der man sich alles raussuchen kann ist das richtig?

Richtig muss an an dein System etwas angepasst werden.

Dies sollte für dein System passen , auf passen nach dem Doppel Klick erstellt es dir eine EFI auf dem Desktop sollte eine EFI existieren würde die dann überschreiben werden .

• @OSX-Einsteiger , fabiosun

Hey, erst mal danke für die ganzen Links und Infos, ich glaube ich habe jetzt ganz grob verstanden wie es funktionieren soll. Aber wie gesagt nur ganz grob. Ich habe als Hardware zum lernen noch einen alten intel nuc D54250WYKh

Weißt du zufällig, ob dieser sich als Übungshardware noch eignen würde oder ob dieser schon zu alt ist.

Denn auf meinem Hauptsystem möchte ich das nur ungern ausprobieren, ob ich es verstanden habe. :-)

• waylin

Ja der Intel Nuc sollte funktionieren ist ein Haswell 4en mit der CPU i5-4250U und mit der Grafik HD5000 :)

https://dortania.github.io/Ope…top-haswell-and-broadwell

Ich würde bei diesen gerät mit Catalina starten :)