[English] H81M-HD3 Ozmosis

• I'm helping my sister in getting her hackintosh running. She has H81M-HD3 with i3-4330. I installed using H81MHD3-F6-OZM-DSDT-G-1479-M from this website. Then installed Yosemite, but ran out of time to do anything further. I noticed right away that graphics acceleration is not working properly so found a cheap GT 610 which should fix that issue. I was also told that Airplay was 'acting funny.' I'm just wondering if any other issues that need kext or certain BIOS settings to work? Are there any common issues/fixes with Airplay? I have usb for sound so HDA doesn't need to be patched. Using HDD so no need for TRIM support or 3rd party SATA, just want to make sure all USB and USB 3.0 work, as well as proper sleep. I have limited and infrequent access to the computer, so I'm simply trying to cover everything I can at one time. Any issues that persist after I try to fix, could be a month before I can fix again. Sister is not great at this kind of stuff. Thank you in advance for all help and suggestions.

Z77X-UD5H - i5-3570K OC - 16GB DDR3-1600
    MSI GTX 970
    840 EVO - Yosemite
    Crucial M500 - Windows 8.1

• Hi there,
    I have couple of questions in that matter,
    Since your using Ozmosis on that machine, why aren't you working with the onboard sound which should be available through the DSDT which normally comes with Ozmosis mod?
    Which graphics solutions was in place before you added the GT610?
    How is the AirPlay setup?
    What kext is used for the Realtek Gbit Lan card?

We could use a screenshot of the "system info"-app main screen and some screenshots from the internal system information, section by section,,,

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Thank you for the reply. I did most of the initial setup in a bit of a rush, plus I'm unfamiliar with what is included in the ROM. I have added DSDT to efi partition in previous builds, but didn't realize it was included with this one. Or am I mistaken? If sound is that easy I may very well use that, but have a usb sound adapter lying around so figured I would save my sister the hassle of having to deal with any sound issues that may happen. I have yet to add the GT 610, currently it has no dedicated GPU it is using integrated HD 4600. I know there were issues with this and workarounds when these first came out, but am unaware of the current state in which IGFX works with this CPU. As far as the AirPlay, I'm not sure. I will just have to see for myself and sort any issues out (if any) in the future. Regarding the Gb LAN, I have not loaded any kexts for this, I could and I might as well, but I have installed a TP-Link Wifi card which works out of box and have had no issues with connectivity. Thanks again.

MSI GTX 970
    840 EVO - Yosemite

• Normally all Ozmosis Mods contain a patched DSDT which should suffice for using the Kexts provided by the Multibeast package.
    In regards to the AppleHDA you have to make sure that the correct HDA for your Board is and the "Optional EFI..." clicked:

For your GigaBit LAN Card I recommend you use the following version:

This should help with any of those iApps or the AppStore... but make sure this card is defined as en0...

Regarding the graphics issue: If your using the latest version of the Ozmosis mod from here, you have the opportunity to configure some details in the Defaults.plist, which you'll find in the folder /EFI/Oz on the hidden EFI-partition. Check out the attached PDF for more details.

Is your sister using AirPlay for Music or for videos, games and presentations???
    If audio, I guess it will work better with the internal Audio via AppleHDA... but give it a try and see what happens...

Dateien

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• As long as at it works afterwards... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

• I don't know my way around Ozmosis very well. I am trying to get graphics acceleration working, but having no success. I tried installing GT 610, but it freezes at the Gigabyte screen. I have CSM enabled. I'm guessing that I have to somehow enable Nvidia Injection as I'm guessing that the default rom for this board does not have it enabled? I thought to change values in defaults.plist in the efi/oz folder, but there is no default.plist in efi/oz folder. So confused, my only goal right now is to get graphics acceleration working and I'm a bit stuck. I'm also more than happy to forgo the Gt 610 if I can get graphics working without it as well. Also just noticed that ethernet kext is not working. Used multibeast to install and it doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe I'll just have to do the clover method because I can't get anything to work properly.

MSI GTX 970
    840 EVO - Yosemite

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von thedubiousdubber ()

• It shoudn't be a big deal...

take a look at the following terminal commands:

Code
    1. sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableAtiInjection=%01 (means disable is active) or %00 (means disable is NOT active)
    2. sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableNvidiaiInjection=%01 (means disable is active) or %00 (means disable is NOT active)
    3. sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableIntelInjection=%01 (means disable is active) or %00 (means disable is NOT active)

In your case DisableNvidiaiInjection should be not active, to make sure the card will be injected if no dedicated DSDT entry is already in place.
    The other two should be enabled...

Gruß
    Al6042

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt