AGPM Injector

• This is a AGPM (Apple Graphics Power Management) Injector kext generator.

Installation
    Select the SMBIOS you are currently using.
    Check the box for the dGPU Manufacture you currently have installed.
    Select the dGPU Model from the dropdown menu.
    Click the Generate button to generate the AGPMInjector.kext. This kext will be saved in the your Downloads directory.

Features
    Notifies user when there is an update on Github (as of App version 2.3.4).
    Fixes GPU Power Management settings for desktop GPUs that are supported (SMBIOS Systems that are in the dropdown menu).
    Automatically parses /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to generate the most up to date injector kext.
    Automatically generates the correct AGPM setting for GPUs that are supported (AMD/Nvidia GPUs that are in the dropdown menu).

Known Issues
    Generating the kext on to the user's Desktop when a user has Desktop and Documents enabled for iCloud does not generate the required Info.plist inside the kext file itself. This is because Desktop and Documents enbabled for iCloud turns those directories into containers for iCloud services. This would require my app to enable iCloud APIs which in turn requires me to submit my app to the App Store, which I will not do. So the current generation of the kext to the currently logged in user's Downloads directory is the best solution.

Download:

https://github.com/Pavo-IM/AGPMInjector

Hab es gerade mal getestet. Bemerke aktuell aber noch nichts davon.

Liebe Grüße, alex

 Mac mini Late 2020 – M1 – 16GB RAM – 256GB SSD

 MacBook Pro 15” Late 2015 – i7 4980HQ – 16GB RAM – 256GB SSD

 MacBook Pro 13” Late 2014 – i5 4278U – 8GB RAM – 120GB SSD

iPhone 13 – iPhone 8 Plus – iPad Pro 12,9" – AirPods 1. Gen – AirPods Pro – Apple Watch S5 44mm

• Ganz vereinfacht erklärt :

Das ganze ist in erster Linie mehr oder weniger für AMD Systeme gedacht.

Bei einem AMD Hack wird die AICPUPM (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) nicht geladen, daraus resultiert das auch die AGPM, also das Apple Graphics Power Management nicht geladen werden kann, selbst wenn das SMBios das ihr verwendet auf ein AGPM Profil setzt. Ohne das AGPM liefert eure GPU eine schlechtere Performance, da eben nicht die Settings geladen werden, die eure GPU benötigt um anständig zu performen.

Mit dem Tool wird hier Abhilfe geschaffen, in dem man für das genutzte SMBios/GPU eine eigene AGPM Kext erstellt, die mit allen Daten gefüttert ist.

Das ganze kann aber durchaus auch für Intel Systeme genutzt werden da :

a) nicht jedes SMBios auf ein AGPM Profil setzt

b) nicht immer AGPM korrekt oder überhaupt geladen wird

• DSM2

Hat das Label In Arbeit entfernt