Beiträge von ITzTravelInTime

Sorry for the late response, for some reason i didn't recieve any email notification or other things.

About TINU basically it needs special privileges in order to perform it's things, to get those garanted it needs to have the terminal that opens and executes the app itself in order to be able to get all the needed privileges. This is done using a .command file that tinu executes using the terminal app. the problem is that in modern macos apps needs permits to do that and that's missing from the current TINU release, and to be honest i haven't figured it out yet. Here is a simple workaround:

For those not as familiar with terminal commands:

First, ensure you're not already running TINU. Then:

1. Open a MacOS terminal using the terminal app. Use CMD-Spacebar to find it if you needed.
    2. 'cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/org.pietrocaruso.TINU/DiagnosticsMode/'
    3. 'sudo ./DebugScriptSudo.command'
    4. When prompted, key in your password
    5. TINU should then open and run

About the second error messange about the fact that the install process will fail it's due to the fact that you are basically attempting at using the installer creation feature without the diagnostics mode or with SIP enabled (which disables modifications to volumes marked as macos startup disks, like the usb installers once they are formatted, therefor preventing the copy of all the necessary boot files; The usage of diagnostics mode trough the terminal uses a special permit guaranteed by the terminal app to bypass this limitation).

Ich habe meinen Bootstick auch mit TINU 3.0 (Monterey, OC 0.7.4) erstellt, allerdings sehe ich den Monterey Installer nicht wenn ich mittels F12 den Stick boote, lediglich meine installierten Systeme.

Fehlt mir wieder irgendwo ein Häckchen in der Config?

Wolfe

Hast du mit dem Stick auch mal in den Installer gebootet, bzw. siehst du den Installer im Picker?

Not a TINU issue, there is something wrong with the oc efi folder you used, also the efi folder installer feature provided by TINU just mounts the efi partition and makes a copy of the selected efi folder.

here is the new stable 3.0 release everyone:

- New algorythm for the detection of usable drives and partitions, unusable/unsupported drives and partitions will now be displayed and flagged as unusable/unsupported instead of being hidden (Doesn't apply APFS Volumes yet).

- Installer apps for OS X Lion and Mountain Lion will now be detected and flagges as unsupported.

- Added downloads for the OS X Lion, Mountain Lion and Yosemite installer apps in the dedicated installer app download window.

- License and legal overhaul. Amoung other things now you will be no longer prompted to agree to the license every time you want to make a usb installer (the license is still readable using the `About TINU` window).

- Various UI-related fixes and corrections.

- Various bug and crash fixes.

- Tested to work on macOS Monterey.

And it can be downloaded here:

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases

Gibts dazu eine Lösung in der neusten Version?

Mein Macbook lässt mich TINU nicht öffnen, da Apple nicht nach Schadsoftware suchen kann?

Sorry about that, but TINU isn't code signed, and it causes the os to return that message. It isn't code signed because i don't have a paid apple developer subscription.

That said you can always open TINU by doing right click -> Open.

Link is reporting the Error Code 404, please check;)

It seems to be a problem with url parsing on this website, try the link to the page with all the downloads: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases

EDIT:

al6042 I have also made an update release, here is the change log:

• Fixed a crash that occurs when the SIP status isn't fully disabled or fully enabled.
    • New lower SIP Requirements (Now the app just requires the CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_FS flag to be disabled to operate without forcing the diagnostics mode).
    • Updated links in the menu bar.

hi guys,. after a long while i am back with a new release of TINU, here is what's new:

https://github.com/ITzTravelIn…releases/tag/3.0_RC_(100)

- Overhaul of all the internal systems used by the app. The way the app performs it's tasks is now better programmed and organised, and the code is now more unified and slimmer.

- New and updated UI for EFI Partition Mounter.

- UI revision and overhaul, also some long standing UI bugs have been fixed.

- New Icons and colours exclusively on Big Sur and newer macOS versions.

- Native Apple Silicon support (still experimental and somewhat untested).

- Now using Swift 5 and Xcode 12.

- The project now features some Swift packages that allows you to use features from TINU in your own projects (See the readme for a list of the swift packages used).

- Improved all the detection systems.

- Improved Big Sur and Monterey support for installer Apps.

- Fixes of some long-standing bugs.

- More Bug-Fixes.

Ich zitiere: "TINU" kann nicht geöffnet werden, da Apple darin nicht nach Schadsoftware suchen kann.

Und was kann ich mit meinem Installstick versuchen?

This message appears only because TINU is not code signed, thew problem with code signing is that it requires a paid developer account and it alone costs 100$/Year.

I am the creator of TINU, but since i can't afford the paid developer account, i just published it as unsigned. But i guarantee you that if i had a paid account i could just take the exact same software i published and code sign it. Code-signing just makes sure no one, besides the owner of the apple id that signed the app, has modified the app after it has been published.

Also don't worry TINU will not harm your mac, and you can see everything it does on your computer since it is a free and open source app build from the ground up by me without using external proprietary programs.

Please use the TINU 3.0 BETA 4 which is available on guthub, it addresses all of this stuff

... ging's gestern leider nicht. Tinu maulte was von unvollständiger/korrupter App, obwohl diese behaglich im Ordner "Programme" liegt.

Da muss wohl wieder mein "Lieblingstool" - das Terminal - ran, wie cmoers alternativ vorschlug.

This was a bug in the old versions of TINU when you attempted at making a big sur installer, i have upgraded it to support big sur, here you can find the latest download (the beta 4) which supports big sur: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases

TINU would be OK, but after connecting the USB drive and loading the installation, it will erase the USB drive.

Then it puts on a USB installation, but EFI is missing and USB doesn't boot !!

How can EFI be done for installation then?

For me, it's useless, and I'd rather work with a partitioned USB drive where I have EFI and on Untitled via the command I will install.

It is a pity that TINU does not have a tool for USB partitioning for EFI and Installation, as has BDUtility in Windows. :rolleyes:

The creation/installation of the EFI is left to the user intentionally to void having the tool falling in the same rabbithole as unibeast which just encourages not learning about setting up correctly your bootloader, it isn't a unibeast replacement and therefor it doesn't create the efi folder. tinu however does create always the efi partition and if you go into the options section of the tool after choosing the installer app you can always use the efi installer menus for you bootloader of choiche to have tinu install it automatically if you already have one.

The focus of TINU is being a good tool for general purpose macOS installer creation while provviding some usefoul stuff like the EFI partition mounter tool.