High Sierra error verifying firmware

• Hi,
    When i tried to install High Sierra on a separate hard disk (HDD) using clover boot loader the installation ends in showing error verifying firmware. how to solve it.
    nearly i tried 20 time using various method still facing failure. Secondly i downloaded Ozmosis high sierra Z97 D3H mod bios and installed it and it also failed load
    High sierra installer, even it failed to boot existing sierra 10.12.6. After ozmosis bios installation when press option key nothing happens, it is not showing boo disk options.
    Some body has suggested to change the firmware in clover configurator i tried that also but ended in failure. Help me to solve it.

System details

Mother board . Z97 D3H
    processor Intel Core i3 basic model
    Graphics Nvidia gtx 210
    Ram 16 GB
    Monitor Dell HD 1080P

Thanks and Regards
    nrchandar0100

• For High Sierra you should use either a current Clover-Version beginning with 4173, better 4220.
    Also use the newest Clover Configurator 4.52.0.0 in which you can create the newest SMBIOS combinations, which also contain values for "Firmware Features", "Firmware Feature Mask" and the newest "BIOS Version"-numbers and "Bios Release Dates".

Those values can also be added to a defaults.plist file for your Ozmosis-based System.
    This file should be placed on the hidden EFI-partition under /EFI/Oz.
    Any changes made in there must be activated by doing an NVRAM-Reset, by using the following keyboard shortcuts while in BIOS, Boot menu or in Ozmosis menu:
    Alt+WinLogo+P+R

All the folks still forget to create their own defaults.plist instead of using the one within the Ozmosis-ROM.
    With all the different possible hardware setups and combinations, the usage of a dedicated defaults.plist is mandatory.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Hi,
    Thank for your guidance. As you guided using clover i changed the firmware and rebooted it worked well thanks. However as i am deep follower of Ozmosis bios
    I kindly request you how to add new firmware in to ozmosis rom. Can i use MM tool to extract and add new firmware, or shell i create new config plist and keep it in
    efi/ozm folder.
    Thanks and Regards

nrchandar0100

• hi to you and to all
    i'm new

Zitat

Also use the newest Clover Configurator 4.52.0.0 in which you can create the newest SMBIOS combinations, which also contain values for "Firmware Features", "Firmware Feature Mask" and the newest "BIOS Version"-numbers and "Bios Release Dates".

i have created my usb stick , start the installation with Clover r4084
    the first boot i start with my usbstick , on the second reboot external and it start the installation with 25 min remaing
    but it stops with error verifying firmware
    is there a tutorial easy to read or wath how to install it?

thanks

• Hi,
    I want to edit ozmosis default plist using mm tool i can extract uncompressed and when i try to open with plist edit pro it does not how to do it? Secondly when i open ozmosis defaults with text edit i can see disable nvidia the value is true, if i use nvidia graphic card can i change it to false value to enable nvidia 210 card will it work. Please guide me.
    Thanks and regards

nrchandar0100

Edited by al6042: We're not blind, please do nöt use such Fontsizes or Colours...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von al6042 ()

• In regards to your Defaults.plist the extraction via MMTool oder UEFITool sometimes breaks the XML-format which leads to the mentioned issue with PListEdit Pro.
    Just use another Editor like TextMate, which has Syntax Highlighting to help you find the corrupt lines which prevent PlistEdit Pro to load the file correctly.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Hi,
    Can you help me to edit Defaults.plist ffs extracted from ozmosis high sierra rom. i am not a technical man please guide me by step by step guide.

Thanks and Regards

nrchandar0100

• Use the following Tool to extract your current Defaults.plist on your Desktop:
    Auslesen der Ozmosis-Parameter
    Use the first button in the "Export Section" on the right sight of the app window.
    It will create a folder called "Ozmosis" on your Desktop in which you'll find the extracted file called Defaults_"current_time".plist.

Gruß
    Al6042