Beiträge von TheBloke

Thx for your response.

I was using WEG with the smbios ima pro 1,1, and then my DisplayPort audio wasn't recognized.

Interesting. I did briefly test the DP sound on the three DP connections (including USB-C), and all worked fine. That's with WEG + MacPro7,1. I wonder if MP 7,1 is making some difference.

Now you are on MacPro7,1 maybe you should try WEG again? Could depend on the specific monitor(s) as well I suppose.

Ich nutze LILU, aber kein WEG. MacPro7,1.

Habt ihr da auch manchmal Probleme beim HDMI/DP Soundausgang?

I don't use HDMI/DP sound (only USB). But when I tested without WEG I noticed a connection problem on the USB-C connector: from boot, and after wake, often the monitor connected to USB-C would not get a picture. Booting with WEG (and agdpmod=pikera boot-arg) fixed this.

Even though WEG does not yet know about the 6000-series cards, it has a lot of general fixes, including fixing connectors. My recommendation is to test with WEG and see if this fixes the issue. I don't yet know of any downside to having WEG running with the 6900XT.

interessant, meine zeigt 8X, aber kann das wirklich bremsen?

In some tests, yes I think so. And in Blackmagic Raw Speed Test, I think it is the case. The main FPS figure in that test is for 8K frames - 7680 x 4320 pixels. At 32 bits per pixel (4 bytes) that's 132,710,400 bytes per frame. Multiply that by the 60 FPS you got and we get 7962624000 bytes, or 7.5 GByte/second. The bandwidth of a PCIe 3.0 x8 slot is 8GByte/second.

In Blackmagic Raw Speed Test with my 6900XT I get 125 FPS. That is the same result that another person (on another forum) got with their 5700XT, a much weaker card. We both have PCIe 3.0. But another user who has 6900XT on PCIe 4.0 (double the bandwidth) got 175 FPS. Therefore I believe 175 FPS is the true maximum for the 6900XT, when bandwidth is not an issue.

If my theory is right, then I'd expect a 6900XT at 8x to get ~65 FPS max in BRAW Speed Test 8K. And you got 60 FPS with a x8 6800XT. It fits.

This does not mean that all benchmarks will be that bad. 8K is a very extreme case. I think 3D rendering is much less affected by bandwidth, for example.

Apologies for writing in English. I could use Google Translate if anyone would prefer.

I have the 6900XT in X299 (MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS). Benchmarks: GeekBench 5 Metal max 183k, min 160k. GeekBench 5 OpenCL max 122k, min 111k.

Regarding Blackmagic Raw Speed Test: I get 125 FPS, which is the same another user gets with the 5700XT. My theory is that this benchmark is bandwidth limited by the PCIe 3.0 bus (8K frames use a lot of data). Another user on AMD with PCIe 4.0 gets 175 FPS with the 6900XT.

That would explain why 2 x Radeon VII gives such a good result - they will be using 2 x PCIe x16 slots and so have double the available bandwidth.

Here's another 6900XT benchmark - Octane X "Chess Set Procedural" 3D render:

11 seconds, which is 40% faster than a Radeon VII Pro and nearly twice as fast as a 5700XT.

I'm very pleased with the 6900XT so far!

Hallo. Es tut mir leid, ich spreche kein Deutsch. Ich nutze Google Translate.

Ich schreibe hier, weil dies das einzige Hackintosh-Forum bei Google ist, in dem ich den Fehler gefunden habe:

Code
    1. AMDRadeonAccelerator: IOAccelDisplayPipeTransaction time out

Mein System: Legacy-Boot, X58, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UDR3-Motherboard, AMD 7970 Ghz (280X)

Meine Grafikkarte hat 6 Ausgänge: 2 x DVI, 4 x DisplayPort

Nach dem Booten bekomme ich ein Signal auf allen Monitoren und alle Monitore zeigen in "Display Preferences" an, aber nur zwei Monitore haben ein Bild. Und ich sehe in Console die von flo_m genannten Fehler.

Ich kann dieses Problem durch Schlaf lösen und dann sofort aufwachen. Dann bekomme ich auf allen Monitoren ein Bild. Und die Fehler in Console gehen weg.

Es wäre jedoch sehr schön, einen Monitor zu finden, der vom Boot aus funktioniert, ohne dabei jedes Mal schlafen und aufwachen zu müssen.

flo_m stellte fest, dass dieses Problem durch eine Änderung von Legacy / EFI im BIOS behoben werden konnte. Ich habe keine solche Option, und ich habe kein UEFI-BIOS, nur Legacy-Boot.

Ich habe jede mir bekannte Lösung ausprobiert: WhateverGreen, InjectATI / RadeonDeInit, FrameBuffer wählen, FrameBuffer patchen und mehr.

Das lässt mich denken, dass es mit Legacy-Boot möglicherweise keine Lösung für mich gibt.

Ich dachte, ich würde hier posten, um einen anderen Fall dieses Problems zu melden. Und so kann ich auch anderen Benutzern sagen: Wenn Sie dieses Problem haben, könnte es durch Schlaf unterbrochen werden und dann sofort aufwachen.

Vielen Dank.

Original message text in English: