Beiträge von ioreknanou

Guten Tag !

For those interested, I've finished my guide for the Acer Swift 3. You can read it here (since I can't post a link to my guide, look for it in Fat Tony's forum)
    @ich28

Zitat

EDIMAX WLAN Stick USB 2.0 450 MBit/s EW-7711MAC MacBook Edition

diesen hab ich bestellt und das Notebook ist morgen da ich freu mich schon auf ein neues Abenteuer

welche System Difinition würde denn am besten passen ?

Be careful with the EW-7711MAC. From what I can see, there are no drivers for 10.12 yet. I used MacBook9,1 definition.

I have to admit that I am not really an expert on AppleHDA and I’m not sure that I understand what you mean. If you mean what Audio ID I get when I go in System Information, then my ID was 3. I say “was” because, following your excellent idea to use AppleALC, I ultimately changed the layout for a better one.

So, I removed my patched AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E and put back the vanilla AppleHDA.kext. I remove the audio injection in clover and put AppleALC in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other. I rebooted and was still getting audio layout 3. Sound was working great but I lost my mic. I was also getting random audio distortion in the headphones.

I looked in AppleALC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PinConfigs.kext/Contents/Info.plist and saw that ALC255 had option for layout 3, 13, 17 and 28. I tried to put inject layout 13 to test but was still getting layout 3 so I decided to revert my DSDT change so that it does not force a layout. I saved that DSDT.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. Rebooted the laptop and the layout 13 was detected in System Information. Everything seemed to work including the mic. I tested layout 17 and it was also perfectly working. I tried to inject layout 3 and mic was not working. So, I decided to stay with layout 13.

To clarify things : to get my audio working, I replaced the reference from HDAS to HDEF in my DSDT, did nothing to S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext, put AppleALC in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other and use Audio layout 13 in clover.

By the way, as I was reading the changelog of AppleALC, something caught my attention. Version 1.0.18 had the following note :
    “Added Laptop Intel Skylake HD515/520/530 HDMI audio support (ig-platform-id 0x191E0000, 0x19160000”. I tried to get more information regarding that but couldn’t find any. So I did a little digging…

I downloaded the source files ( https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC ). I saw a reference to HD 520 in the file /AppleALC-master/Resources/Controllers.plist :

I tweaked this a little and made the following Kext Patch that I included in my config.plist :

Rebooted and voilà ! HDMI Audio working on Intel HD 520 :) (on my laptop anyway, I do hope it works for others) ! There is now a known solution I presume. Unless Google sucks lately, I didn't find this patch anywhere else.

I also apologize for not writing in German but I don't trust G Translate enough :)

Thank you very much @al6042 !

Yes, it is the HD 520. I know there's no solution known for now, I was only optimistic :)
    The codec is ALC255. The kext was generated with Mirone's AppleHDAPatcher. Injected Layout-ID 3 in Clover. Earlier today, I was able to make the internal (well, the little hole on the left of the keyboard) mic work. I forgot to add a DSDT patch (the one in the readme file generated by AppleHDAPatcher). I can now have a FaceTime conversation and the other person can hear me (the webcam was working built-in). There is no distinct external Mic plug on this laptop but the plug for headphones do have an headphones with mic logo. I don't have an headphone with mic so I can't test it.

The SD Card Reader is labelled as a Realtek USB2.0-CRW (ven id:0bda, dev id:0129), I haven't find a solution somewhere. If you find one, it would be welcome :)

As for the fingerprint sensor, it is detected but, I know, it is rather useless.

Hi !

I have the SF314-51-53MF, which is pretty much the same laptop (http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/pr…94e09a0336191f6de8c92en02)

I am currently finalizing my Installation guide. But I can tell you that nearly everything works fine. The only things that doesn't work right now are :

- Wifi card, but the built-in bluetooth works. The wifi card is removable so I bought a used Dell DW1560 (BCM94352ZAE_3) and it is working fine.
    - HDMI-Audio not working for now, but I am pretty sure it will be working in a few days...
    - Mic not working but I haven't had time to test it.
    - SD card Reader
    - Fingerprint Reader

I am extremely satisfied with this laptop. It pretty much feels like a MacBook. When you have a good power management, you pretty much have 9-10h battery. I will test it later in a real life scenario.

The SSD is a M.2 connector and it uses SATA. Unfortunately, you can not plug in a NVMe SSD. I tried to be sure with a Samsung 950 Pro and it is not detected. Still, the SSD can write at 450 mb/s and read at 500mb/s).