Beiträge von locus

Hi!

Sorry, my German is not good enough so I will ask in English,

I have OpenCore 0.04 working really good. And this will sound like nagging but after the first part of the macOS progress bar and the second part of the progress bar when it is going to graphical I have a rather long period of no visual feedback, I guess around 10 seconds, just a black screen.

It is not a big deal but if this slowdown could be decreased that would be great!

Is this something others see too or is a 'setting' I have to adjust? Anyone see this too?

macOS 10.15 beta 3 on a Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI, Intel i7 Haswell, Radeon RX560, 16 GB.

Nothing to special I think and a rather easy system for a hack.

I can't say if macos Mojave did this too because I started using OpenCore with macOS 10.15 beta.

Anyone has any ideas? Thanks!

The problem was that I thought I had set:

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableNvidiaInjection=%01

It turned out that it was all in my mind, after I set DisableNvidiaInjection to true and a reboot my DisplayPort worked.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the suggestions!

Hi

I am using Ozmosis and got t working like I want it.

Except the monitor only works through the HDMI and that is 3840x2160 at 30Hz on a Dell P2715Q.

If I switch to the latest Clover I can and want to use Displayport which can drive 3840x2160 at 60Hz.

As soon as I try to use DP through Ozmosis the screen just go black, no crash or reboot, just black. To me it seems loss of signal.

Anybody a suggestion?

But, but, but, I already in an earlier post wrote that I use

nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="-v -xcpm nvda_drv=1"

Note the -v

Can you try to explain to me why <cmd><V> does not work?

Because that would give me perhaps more information what is going on...

I have two SSD's in my system, they are exact clones

Just that, clones, no RAID or anything like that, I use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone SSD 1 to SSD 2 every day.

Before I go use Ozmosis I completely disconnect the second SSD, so SATA disconnect and POWER disconnect. Only one SSD to experiment with Ozmosis.

But tell me what you find interesting, I am curious you know! 8o

Indeed DisableNvidiaInjection=%01, no injection (with Clover 3543 I also have to disable injection)

Without -xcpm I get a instant reboot (Don't know if -xcpm is the same as KernelPM in Clover, wich I need to enable)

And maybe I wasn't exactly clear in German before but everything is really okay if I set all the variables from the earlier post through Console, so startup is fine, everything is working fine (like I have compared to booting with Clover)

As soon as I put anything in /Efi/Oz (be it an ssdt.aml in ../Load/ or a Defaults.plist with the same variables/values combo's as used in Console) and do a reboot, my monitor stay black, no white Apple logo, not sure if it is stuck or crashed, no system restart, it just stays black, and I can not verify what is happening because <cmd><V> does nothing on my system where it should use verbose mode.

So setting up Ozmosis through Console is alright, setting up through Defaults.plist with exact the same values is not.

For now (because I also have to use OS X for work) I returned to Clover but I really would like to get Ozmosis working and make a calculated decision which I prefer to use and of course I like to experiment :) .

I have looked at the links you gave for the plists, thank you for that!
    So if anyone has anything I can use/try, you are welcome!

I am very happy with you guys, thank you all!

I reply just to show my hardware...I hope I have done well.

I have (all with sudo and left empty because real iMac14,1 values)
    nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=
    nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosVersion=
    nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:HardwareAddress=
    nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:HardwareSignature=
    nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductId=
    nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductName=
    nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=

nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableNvidiaInjection=%01
    nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableIntelInjection=%01
    nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableAtiInjection=%01

nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="-v -xcpm nvda_drv=1"

Those I have used also in Defaults.plist. And a restart without or with <a><c><P><R> results in a black screen.

Gutenabend,

German is not my main language but I will try.

Ich habe Ozmosis jetzt genau so installiert und eingerichtet wie ich wünsche und wie es war mit Clover.

Alles ist erstellt mittels den Konsole unter OS X 10.11.5 und geschrieben in den verschiedene bereiche (sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-etc / 1F8E0C02-etc / 1F8E0C02-etc).

Ich hab ein Defaults.plist erstellt mit die gleichen werten wie ich brauchte in Konsole, danach Defaults.plist in EFI partition im Efi/Oz. Auch noch ein ssdt.aml ins Efi/Oz/Acpi/Load.

Aber nach eine Restart bleibt den Monitor schwarz. Auch ein <alt><cmd><P><R> gibts nichts.

So bald ich etwas in dern EFI/Oz erstelle und den computer neu start bleibt den Monitor schwarz. Und einmal ein Safe Boot startet ins Desktop.

Kann jemand mir erklaren was ich nicht richtig mache? Und sind nach eine <alt><cmd><P><R> die nvram werten die ich in die Konsole im nvram geschrieben hat gelöscht?