Ozmosis install macOS first reboot issue

• 1. refreshing the latest Oz BIOS ROM. download link Ozmosis Mod für Z97X-UD3H
    2. make USB disk 'macOS High Sierra' install bootable USB stick.
    3. restart PC booting menu selected "Install macOS High Sierra", looks good. Disk Until create 'Macintosh HD' by APFS formatted on Samsung 960 PRO.
    4. install new macOS High Sierra, go on in processing. copy files to 'Macintosh HD', 2-3 mins auto reboot.

issues,
    first auto reboot press F12, Not presented 'Mac OS X' item in menu, to continue install macOS?

How can fix this issue? Thx a lot.

1. Manufacturer: Gigibyte
    2. Model: Z97X-UD3H (Rev 1.2)
    3. Chipset: Z97
    4. Bios Version: F10b
    5. OS version: high Sierra and Mojave
    6. Others: i7 4790K \ Dataland RX580 8G \ SAMSUNG 960 PRO 512GB M.2 \ WiFi BCM943602CS \

• That is a typical problem with Ozmosis in combination with APFS.
    OZM cannot peek inside the APFS-Container, where the system partition lies, to grab the details of a bootable partition.
    Either you use the Unsolid.kext while installing macOS High Sierra, to prevent the APFS conversion, or your create an dedicated Boot-Entry in your NVRAM, which will be lost with the next NVRAM-Reset.

This is one of the things that helps to consider using Clover instead... less hustle... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• @al6042

thanks reply it :D

But, just replace new SSD disk Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, other hardware does not replace.

Repeat the same install steps and APFS formatted. 'Mac OS X' item will presented in menu, this situation is unpredictable.

maybe 960PRO unsupported it?

• Could be...
    I cannot check this, since I only use the 960EVO m.2 SSD, which works great with Clover...

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Then I guess you should get reacquainted with Clover... which has gotten a lot easier and is more flexibel than Ozmosis ever was.

EDIT:
    I just created an EFI-Package wit Clover 4658 for your System, if you'd like to test... ;)

Dateien

• EFI.zip

(3,34 MB, 88 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von al6042 ()

• Good luck... :)

Gruß
    Al6042