SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 580 8GB Nitro+ changing the BIOS part number (PN) for permanently showing of the right name

• Hallo guys,

"The Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB is the only current generation AMD GPU identified correctly in macOS. This is due to it being used in the official external graphics dev kit.
    There are two part numbers for this particular RX 580:
    1. 113-4E353BU-O4E
    2. 113-4E3531U-O4V
    macOS checks 4 either 1 of these Part # in order 2 show everywhere “Radeon RX 580” instead of “AMD R9 XXX”.

There are a couple of solutions to remedy this cosmetic issue.
    The easy way is to edit the controller file in macOS to show the right name for your AMD GPU. This has to be done following every macOS update.
    The more permanent way but more involved is to edit the VGA BIOS to show itself as 113-4E353BU-O4E or 113-4E3531U-O4V."

Here’s the procedure and this must be done on Windows-PC:

1. Save the original VBIOS of yo RX 470/480/570/580 with ATIWinFlash (download it and save on C: as "ati").
    Don't 4get: make an extra copy of the ROM in case somethings will go wrong.
    I own a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB.

2. Take note of the part number of yo lovely card, in my case P/N 113-1E366CU-S5S.

3. Open the VBIOS (rom) of yo card in a Hex Editor of your choice, I used HxD 4 this and search 4 yo P/N.

4. Then replace yo P/N with the desired P/N that macOS identifies as “Radeon RX 580”. I used 113-4E353BU-O4E.

5. The new ROM will have an invalid checksum, so you won’t be able to flash yo card with ATIWinFlash yet.
    To cope with that open yo ROM in PolarisBIOSEditor. It will tell U 2 save the VBIOS in order to fix this error.

6. Now simply save yo ROM as... I saved as "bios".

7. Then ask Cortana 4 "cmd", open it as a admin and type what U see on my next screenshot...

8. Now restart yo rig but I prefer the shutdown.

This is the result of my job.

My Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB NItro+ do not need anything (WeG, RDI, FB) until macOS High Sierra 10.13.5

Have fun :thumbup:

 iPhone 4_4s_5_6s_X_PowerMac7,2 G5 (Mid 2003)_iMac10,1 (27" Late 2009) out of order_MacPro5,1 (Mid 2012)

• Nice job...
    but please use complete words instead of abbreviations.

The forum webspace is not charged by the amount of written letters... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Much easier way is to use the PropertyInjector Kext method by @Brumbaer for this if you ask me.
    Or another way is to put the Rom file of one of these Pulse 580‘s in the efi rom folder and set LoadVBios.
    But anyway - good to have an alternative way for it.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von DSM2 ()