Installation of Mojave with Ozmosis using HD 4600

• Hey guy's

Have anyone had issue for booting Mojave installed drive or USB Installer for Mojave, while using only Intel HD 4600 graphic? For me, it always keep rebooting after showing Apple logo for a two or three seconds, it's a reboot loops!

Note Ozmosis can boot with external graphic, this is already done on the first day of Mojave release Beta, using my SAPPHIRE R9 280X, but I would like to do the installation with HD 4600 to.
    Thanks

GA-Z87X-UD3H-F9 ROM updated with: Microcodes, VBIOS-EFI-GOP&VBT, OROMS, NVME and ME-Firmware, iMac15,1 SMBIOS in DMI  

i7-4770 / G-SKILL16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz / GV-R928X3GD / SAMSUNG NVME SSD 256GB / Win10 x64 Pro for Gaming / macOS CATALINA for everything with OpenCore

:feuerwerk:

• Do you use a DSDT for injecting the HD4600 or the Defaults.plist?

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Only OzmosisDefaults injection, with and without AAPL,ig-platform-id set

GA-Z87X-UD3H-F9 ROM updated with: Microcodes, VBIOS-EFI-GOP&VBT, OROMS, NVME and ME-Firmware, iMac15,1 SMBIOS in DMI  

i7-4770 / G-SKILL16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz / GV-R928X3GD / SAMSUNG NVME SSD 256GB / Win10 x64 Pro for Gaming / macOS CATALINA for everything with OpenCore

• Did you also add Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext into /EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common, plus the "-lilubetall" boot-arg in your Defaults.plist?
    Don't forget to use the "Alt+WinLogo+P+R" key combination to reset your NVRAM and load the changed local Defaults.plist.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• IntelGraphicsFixup from lvs1974 repos or source forge?
    Lilu is on the rom, but I think I'm gonna delete it, and keep only FakeSMC staffs, then keep it with AppleALC with IntelGraphicsFixup on common folder.

Ok I see now, it's the same one, i'm gonna use it and report back if worked.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ammoune78 ()

• I use Version 1.2.7 from lvs1974 which is available from github... ;)
    https://github.com/lvs1974/IntelGraphicsFixup/releases

I also would use only the simple FakeSMC within the rom and add necessary Sensor-kext from the EFI partition...
    This allows far better control and update capabilities...
    As long as the FakeSMC is newer as the version in your rom, you can also add this kext in your common folder.

Gruß
    Al6042

• No, it doesn't work either

• What are your bios settings in regards to the HD4600?
    When I had such a Haswell machine I used the following:

• Intel Processor Graphics: Enabled
    • Intel Processor Graphics Memory: 32M
    • DVMT Total Memory Size: MAX

Gruß
    Al6042

• Same settings, I just have to change from 64M to 32M

• Did it help?

Gruß
    Al6042

• Hey al6042,
    No, it doesn't work also. Maybe HD4600 isn't supported by Mojave?

• Nope... it should work, but I don't have a Haswell-based Ozmosis System to verify.

Gruß
    Al6042

• Hmmm, maybe I'll try to insert SmcEmulatorKext instead of FakeSMC, but it's strange, didn't occurred with HD 4400 laptop using clover!

• Please zip your EFI-Folder and post it here, so I can have a look...

Gruß
    Al6042

• I have nothing in the EFI folder because it never get loaded, the reason is KernextPatcher and AcpiPatcher log file aren't there, if not it the log isn't in efi it explain that reboot loops, it can not read the EFI partition, same thing for the Mojave usb installer.

Here's my entire rom so you can check it

• Ups... that sounds bad...

do you have more than one HDD or SSD in your System?

EDIT:
    One thing I found in your Defaults.plist...
    the decimal number for FirmwareFeatures and FirmwareFeaturesMask are different to whatever I have seen

Since your EFI doesn't seem to work, please add the attached Defaults.plist into a test.rom and see if that helps.

Dateien

• Defaults.plist

(1,73 kB, 365 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von al6042 ()

• I'm flashing now new bios with this Defaults.plist inside.
    No, doesn't worked also, it only keep showing circle with interdiction panel, for all macOS included Mojave.

• I've added the verbose mode to the boot-args, it should show some more details...

Gruß
    Al6042

• Unfortunately it doesn't show something in the boot-args, it remain only in a black screen. Maybe we need someone that have HD 4600 to try booting Mojave using Ozmosis?

Got it working using the settings above from BIOS:

Intel Processor Graphics Memory Allocation to 32M

DVMT Total Memory Size to 128M

But, after installing Mojave, surprised by no Dark Mode, it looks like High Sierra, with content of Mojave. Damn thing, finished the first problem, now running into another. But finally got it working :hurra: .

Is there a clover patch for HD 4600, please?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ammoune78 ()

• Hello. I used clover with to test mojave. No changes were needed. Just update the system and it works like a charm. If you like i can share my clover settings.

Lange Weile? Dann besucht doch meine Website: patricksworld.de

Meine Systeme: