Does Oz understand Xeon CPU's and how to make it work?

• Well, the main question is in there.
    Recently i could not make Xeon E3 1245v3 under Oz, so i moved to clover for some time.
    But on the other side, i didn't managed to find the answer and I'm not even close to engineer level of understanding how it works.
    Maybe someone had experience of making it work, so please, guide me or educate :)

Current config is:
    Intel Xeon E3-1245v3
    GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev 1.1)
    MSI GTX 1050Ti Gaming X

• Hi mate...

I had to move your thread to another sub-forum, since the parts known as "Anleitungen" are not open to add threads by the public. ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Hi mate...

I had to move your thread to another sub-forum, since the parts known as "Anleitungen" are not open to add threads by the public. ;)

Sorry, Im doing in through translator, so sometimes it can be freaky to chose right place for post.

• No problem... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Since your XEON E3 is pretty close to an I7 oz should not have any issues with it (I use a XEON E3 1245V2 with OZ without any problems). When you tried OZ what kind of errors you got?

• On previous motherboard I had bios freezes if I put graphics card, and as I remember there was a problems with CPU speedstep.
    Today I almost made ready clover config, tomorrow would make ROM with Oz and tell what would be there.

• Please keep in mind that most available OZ ROM´s are bare bones they are created to support the minimal available configuration of each motherboard.
    OZ does not mean that there is no configuration to be done. Wether Oz It's self neither we know your specific setup so you have to work on your own defaults.plist order to make it work properly...

For example OZ has advanced support for NVIDIA graphics but this support is limited to Kepler and maybe Fermi based Cards using OZ's Nvidia Injector with Maxwell oder Pascal based Cards will lead to instand kernel panics in macOS which is why we have disabled this feature by default. Since OZ was designed to work on IvyBridge and maybe SandyBridge Plattform Intel Graphics maybe an Issue as well. IvyBridge (HD4000) injections normally works fine but for Haswell and above you need to provide a matching IGPlattformID (Integer) to make it work as intended...

All in all it's highly recommended to build your on defaults.plist matching your given settings before you use any pre build OZ rom's since their build in defaults are meant to meet the lowest common denominator to be as compatible as possible.

• Please keep in mind that most available OZ ROM´s are bare bones they are created to support the minimal available configuration of each motherboard.
    OZ does not mean that there is no configuration to be done. Wether Oz It's self neither we know your specific setup so you have to work on your own defaults.plist order to make it work properly...

For example OZ has advanced support for NVIDIA graphics but this support is limited to Kepler and maybe Fermi based Cards using OZ's Nvidia Injector with Maxwell oder Pascal based Cards will lead to instand kernel panics in macOS which is why we have disabled this feature by default. Since OZ was designed to work on IvyBridge and maybe SandyBridge Plattform Intel Graphics maybe an Issue as well. IvyBridge (HD4000) injections normally works fine but for Haswell and above you need to provide a matching IGPlattformID (Integer) to make it work as intended...

All in all it's highly recommended to build your on defaults.plist matching your given settings before you use any pre build OZ rom's since their build in defaults are meant to meet the lowest common denominator to be as compatible as possible.

Im fully aware of that, config is needed in any case. Also I'm understanding that my knowledge about this topic is limited by open information and guides, so maybe this is the bottleneck before working hack.
    Before current config, i had z87hd3 and i5 4670k with msi r9 280x, but gpu suddenly died, after that in a year motherboard driver near cpu died and fried almost everything on that board, so i need to but new rig. But, with that config - Oz was flying like real mac, UI never had anything glitchy or a little bid slow.
    So as there no Oz for more newer bards, i decided to go with z97 (because i saw people on forums, ho have oz working fine on their configs) and bought Xeon CPU, because, well, i won a lot on ebay with lol price. I set it up, and the guy took it. Before it came i thought that would be a scam, but, nope, fully working silicone stone.
    After i had problems, because my config was z97hd3 with Xeon e3 1245v3 and i couldn't make cpu graphics work okay. So bought gpu, hex 1050 ti, and every damn time after i flash bios and this graphics card was in motherboard - after boot beep screen was frozen, keyboard not working and all what could help - reboot.
    I've tried couple times, but eventually went on "there must be a hardware problem" (because GA support suggested that socket is damaged), so i wanted ti test it, and took it to the repair shop where they have device to check all pins at once for short. But those geese's dropped damn screwdriver right into damn socket. Even after they repaired it, motherboard was unstable, so i went and bought another one. It was GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev 1.1). i've just finished with clover config, i really want to try with Oz and this board.
    So if you can help with default's plist, about finding IGPlattformID - it would be really fantastically amazing.

• The Ga-z97x-ud3h board should work perfect with oz! I had it running on oz serveral years.

• @firefly_can_fly making a XEON IGPU work is not only a matter of correct IGPlattFormID in defaults. The XEON IGPU is almost the same as Core I IGPU'S but it has it's own device ID which prevents macOS from loading the correct drivers. Alongside to IGPlattFormID 220332035 you'll need FakePCI.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and maybe IntelGraphicsFixup.kext as well.

• griven - I flashed made by you Z97XUD3H_HighSierra_Unsolid.10b , it went partly good. From my previous experience, after a flash, I can hit "del" or "f12" and after go to bios setting or boot menu, but if after boot I won't hit some of this buttons - bios loading screen would freeze and the only reboot would help.
    After flashing the bios I went to "del" and fixed settings chose my primary graphics to load - PCI 1 and saved the setting.
    On new boot, I flushed nvram.
    After reboot, no usual Oz spashcreen, only freeze.
    Making reboot with button, hitting f12 afterward.
    In the boot menu, I have clover if I check to boot directly to macros - black screen and even HDD activity led on system block not blinking.
    I don't know much but seems that Oz, not even initiating.
    After booting from clover there is OZ folder in EFI, but it's only folders.
    So I gave a try to load kexts from clover and try with that - nothing, same black screen.
    Took defaults you provided with roms, it's blank, but to understand whats wrong decision to go with verbose, but not verbose.
    At this point, I don't know where to dig, because it seems that Oz just not loading.

This is Oz folder from EFI:
    https://fex.net/907379364537?fileId=467303880

Maybe someone encountered something similar, or I'm just making it all wrong?

• You said that you selected primary graphics to load from PCI 1 which graphics card do you use in your Rig ?!?

• You said that you selected primary graphics to load from PCI 1 which graphics card do you use in your Rig ?!?

Current config is:
    Intel Xeon E3-1245v3
    GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev 1.1)
    MSI GTX 1050Ti Gaming X

PCIe 1 slot used by default.

• Okay. About your Bios Settings please make sure that CSM Mode is active for the moment also make sure Secure Boot is disabled. The black Screen issue normally is an issue when the Bios and/or OZ fails to initialise the selected primary GPU. Also disable any FastBoot settings in Bios as well.

• Okay. About your Bios Settings please make sure that CSM Mode is active for the moment also make sure Secure Boot is disabled. The black Screen issue normally is an issue when the Bios and/or OZ fails to initialize the selected primary GPU. Also disable any FastBoot settings in Bios as well.

From what i did:
    1) rechecked bios setting, toggled on CSM mode On. Here are screens on what my bios setting are now:

2) I cant make it work because even after NVRAM flush I have blinking color screens, reboot, and freeze. Shell is not booting, nothing related to OZ not working.
    Here is the video of how it looks:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DXOqrx_Jmf4abYYbtsUF1aB5U8MZA-IV/view?usp=drive_web

It's definitely not motherboard or hardware components, because I switched motherboard already.
    Maybe someone had same problems?

• Video is not accessible Error 404 File not Found...

I was able to watch the Video now and I absolutely have no real clue but a good guess why this is happening. I made an other version of the unsolid flavoured rom where I left out some unnecessary stuff also I tweaked the defaults to exclude any kind of Intel Injection (please make sure your IGPU is disabled in Bios as well do not only set the NVIDIA to primary display but also completely disable your iGPU since the P4600 will not work at all). Please also delete any defaults.plist you may have on /EFI/OZ to make sure my modifications get loaded (I enabled verbose Mode by default to see what's going on). Please give it a try and report how it's going.

Dateien

• Just take a look one post above. I meanwhile was able to watch the video.

• Video is not accessible Error 404 File not Found...

I was able to watch the Video now and I absolutely have no real clue but a good guess why this is happening. I made another version of the unsolid flavoured rom where I left out some unnecessary stuff also I tweaked the defaults to exclude any kind of Intel Injection (please make sure your IGPU is disabled in Bios as well do not only set the NVIDIA to primary display but also completely disable your iGPU since the P4600 will not work at all). Please also delete any defaults.plist you may have on /EFI/OZ to make sure my modifications get loaded (I enabled verbose Mode by default to see what's going on). Please give it a try and report how it's going.

With this ROM I cant enter bios settings, only f12 or "end" menu works. When I try to enter bios settings, I've got an only flickering monitor like it's searching for video connection and that's all. Nvram working as on video, after boot nothing happens or freezing.

• After flash and before anything else press ESC Key several times to disable OZ (Screen turns red) after the screen turned red enter bios (hit del directly after the screen turned red) and adjust your settings (disable IGPU, Set Primary Screen to NVIDIA, Select "other os" and so on) and save them. Restart and let OZ do it's thing.