10.13 gtx 1050ti and ga z97hd3 problem.

• Good day,
    I've encountered a problem with oz and z97hd3.
    While I mod bios with oz (or using one from forum) it working like it should be, until I install msi gtx 1050ti. After bios flash process, after first boot, the motherboard just freez. Nothing helping except power btn reboot.
    My current rig:
    Xeon e3 1245 v3
    Z97hd3 (v2)
    Msi gtx 1050ti
    This rig works with windows 10 without a problem, clover - so far so good, but any kind of oz- nope.
    Before what I did:
    Tried update cpu micro codes with bios.
    Update graphics card GOP drv
    Contacting gigabyte support, they suggested that this is a socket problem. While people from service were inspecting socket screwdriver fall into the socket, so they repaired couple bend pins. Rig still working with windows 10 without a problem.
    So now I'm out of options, ready to buy new motherboard.
    The reason I'm asking about this, is only about that I want to know, this is hardware problem, or some parts are not supported? Maybe someone encounter similar problems, or this is z97 chipset problem. Tomorrow I will meet the guy with z97x-ud3h, so before purchase it, I would like to know, will it work.
    Thank you!

• Hi @firefly_can_fly
    nice to have you here... :)

In regards to your setup, there are a couple of things that should be checked to get your 1050TI running.
    - Do you use a Defaults.plist in your hidden EFI-partition under /EFI/Oz?
    - If so, does it contain the necessary parts like

Code
    1. <key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
    2. <true/>

in Defaults:1F8E0C02... or

Code
    1. <key>nvda_drv</key>
    2. <data>
    3. MQA=
    4. </data>

in <key>Defaults:7C43611
    - Does your ROM contain the newest FakeSMC including all the Sensor kexts? (FakeSMC_GPUSensors are known to lead to crashes with Pascal cards)

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Sorry for late reply,
    That motherboard been working unpredictably, so when i was messing wth cooling - pins been damaged and even after the repairs it was still working not okay. Because when i put graphics card in it - it freezes even before the boot (in bios) and as I not good into understanding Ozmosis and how in works under the hood - i went and bought new motherboard z97x-ud3h, currently trying to make it work with Xeon Cpu and clover. Maybe after would go for Ozmosis once again.

• Hier geht es nicht mehr weiter. Der TE hat das Board nicht mehr.

The Thread Ends, the Thread Owner do Not have the Board anymore.

Gruß Mocca55

———>Kein Support über Privatnachrichten<———