Will Only Boot when I target thru the Bios

• Greetings,
    Many thanks for (H77DS3H_REV11_HighSierra.F10) I have installed MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2 using Guid Partition on an SSD, installation done via a real Mac. .... works like a charm with a couple of issues. #1- I have to target my drive through the BIOS in order to boot (My High Sierra Drive is listed within the bios boot list), as it will not boot on it's own. I have ensured that the OSX drive is priority in the bios. Excuse my "noob" question, but is that because I don't have Clover installed? Issue#2 is non-functional sleep. When I initiate sleep it immediately wakes, functions as normally and goes to my login screen. Any help on these issues would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• The ignorance of any set boot priority is a very common issue with OZ and some Bios Revisions.
    You may try the F10 revision as well since the F10 revisions of Gigabytes Z77/H77 Boards are known to work as intended (working NVRAM). The Sleep issues may need some DSDT tweaking as well as some further Informations eg. WakeReason and stuff like that...

• Thank you! Just to be clear, I did flash H77DS3H_REV11_HighSierra.F10. Is there another bios that you are suggesting? Best
    ssprod

• High Sierra on SSD equates to APFS in almost all cases.

To display an APFS macOS Partition in the Ozmosis GUI you need to enter EDK-Shell and add it.

The Ozmosis bios you are using has the APFS-efi integrated and thus the macOS partition gets recognized and is selectable.

• High Sierra on SSD equates to APFS in almost all cases.
    To display an APFS macOS Partition in the Ozmosis GUI you need to enter EDK-Shell and add it.
    The Ozmosis bios you are using has the APFS-efi integrated and thus the macOS partition gets recognized and is selectable.

I installed H.Sierra via GUID, not APFS. Is this why this bios is not allowing OSX to boot automatically? I can boot, but only thru bios-target-High Sierra. Thanks.

• No it's almost because NVRAM in this Bios Version does not work as it is expected to work that's all...

In a normal Initialisation Sequence OZ will show it's own Bootsplash (OZ Logo) on first boot after successful flash and will then beginn to scan your drive structure and add it's boot Entries according to what it finds on your drives. This information is stored into NVRAM (as the bios Settings are as well) and you should be good to go. For some reason this does not work with all Bios revisions especially if the APFS Driver is present as well. On my GA Z77-DS3H Rev. 1.1 the only version with fully working NVRAM was F10 which in your case is not the solution since you're using F10 all ready.

So what could be done to probably overcome this Issue?!? First of all make sure your macOS Drive is the very first in the SATA Chain (connect it to SATA0) also make sure it caries a valid EFI Partition (needs to bei FAT32) to hold the OZ Folder structure. Once done do a four finger P-RAM Reset (press alt+cmd+p+r in Setup or Bios Bootmenu) and let OZ do it's thing if anything went right you're good to go.

As you mentioned you're using GUID/HFS+ instead of APFS it may also be a good idea to replace APFS with Unsolid so it stays on HFS+ even after updates. I modified the Rom and attached it please feel free to test it an give feedback wether it worked for you or not.

Dateien

• Griven, thank you but prior to your reply, I decided to re-install via AFPS, sorry. Should I re-flash with the updated bios or stay with what I had?

• Well APFS and OZ do not play well together (at least not right now). Even if APFS is present in your ROM OZ will not be able to autodetect APFS Volumes and add Boot entries for them on it's own. As long as the macOS auto generated boot entry is present (eg set by SystemPreferences -> BootUp Volume) everything will work as expected as long as NVRAM does work as expected. If not you're pretty much lost since OZ is blind for APFS based installations in this case you may try to add an entry via EFI Shell but there is no guarantee that this will work at all, sorry. If possible stay on HFS+ for now if you intend to use OZ...

• I've re-Installed 10.13.2 and am using the bios from post7. I've ensured that SATA0 owns the OSX HD and have performed a P-Ram Reset, which allowed OZ to do it's thing, however it still will not boot on it's own. I'm sorry but I'm confused with "make sure it caries a valid EFI Partition (needs to bei FAT32)". Is this something I can do when inside the OS? Presently, when I mount the drive, the Oz folder is there (EFI) with ACPI (and my patched DSDT+SSDT) and DARWIN where I have placed my Network kext. All is working brilliantly, including sleep! Sorry for the questions, and I really appreciate your expertise. I'd love Oz to work, but if I have to throw in the towel, I'll do that too. Thanks. ssprod

Update: System running smooth as silk, I'm hoping I can get this baby to boot on it's own. Any thoughts, Griven? Thanks again!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ssprod ()

• Hum if installed on HFS it should boot on it's own if the disk which macOS is installed on is the first in the chain. If you do not select any boot device is the PC complaining about a missing OS or does it start anything else than macOS or does the screen stay all black ?!?