Updating from Yosemite - Computer frozen

• Hello everyone !

I built my hackintosh 3 years ago using Ozmosis. I upgraded to Yosemite with succes when it was released, but I didn't take the time to upgrade to El Capitan yet.

I tried to flash my BIOS to then upgrade to El Capitan. As I didn't find the 1669m, I flashed my BIOS with the last one : HighSierra_9. I thought that it would work, but not really. Here is my problem :

My computer is blocked at the BIOS screen (not in the BIOS per say, but when I have the choice to go to BIOS Settings, Boot options, Qflash...). I can't chose any option. Everything is frozen. I can't go in the BIOS, I can't go to boot option. Nothing.

I tried :
    - removing extra RAM
    - CMOS numerous times
    - plugging my screen on my motherboard instead of graphic card
    - unplugging any not needed USB (printer for example)

Here is my build :
    GigaByte Z97-D3H, Intel I7 4790K, Asus GTX 760, 2 X 8 GO Gskill Pc1600 RipjawX, Crucial M550 512Go (demarrage), Seagate 1To /7200 6Gb/s x2, Noctua NH-C12P SE, Alimentation CoolMaster G600W, Carte Wifi broadcom bcm94360cd. Yosemite 10.10.1

I don't know what I can do now. If you have an idea or solution, it would be great.

I already copied all my files, so I even could make a clean install (I would rather not to, but if it's the only solution...).

Thank you !

• Your issue comes from the activated IGPU, which came on board with the new OZM-Rom.
    Either you try to hit the ESC-key until your screen goes red and then directly open the BIOS with the DEL-key, to be able to disable the IGPU and set den "Initial Boot Display" to "PCIe-1 Slot" or you have to remove the Nvidia Card to be able to go to your BIOS setup screen to do the mentioned changes.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Thanks for your answer !

Since my original post, I changed a lot of things. I upgraded to Sierra (with the Sierra_F9 Bios I downloaded on this forum) but I have 2 problems now :
    1) my CGU doesn't "work" (after the install, I disabled integrated graphics, but screen became black after apple logo). I heard I may have to install some Nvidia drivers, but I don't want to mess it all up, so I prefer to wait for advice ;) (GTX760 on Z97-D3H motherboard).
    2) I can't manage to make my sound work : I used to install ALC1150.pkg from Multibeast when I upgraded, and it worked perfectly. Now, in Multibeast Sierra Edition, I only have Clover-ALC1150 which doesn't work. I tried with VoodooHDA but doesn't work either.

Any idea for both these problems ?

Thanks !

• Your GTX760 doesn't need more drivers than the original Apple-versions...
    In your case I guess you never used a Defaults.plist for your rig.
    Such a file should be placed on the EFI-Partition under /EF/Oz and contains the appropriate SMBIOS-entries, plus some necessary NVRAM-settings and the boot-args...
    Check out the linked ReadMe for Ozmosis:
    Version 1479m

Try to use the attached one and copy it to the mentioned directory on your EFI-Partition.
    Afterwards reboot the machine, go into your BIOS and do a NVRAM-Reset.
    This can be done by using the keyboard sequence "Alt+WinLogo+P+R" and will result in another reboot in which the new file will be used...

Dateien

• Defaults.plist

(2,24 kB, 239 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• You're right, I had a really simple installation : flashed BIOS with Ozmosis Mod and installed Yosemite from my USB Key. And installing the ethernet and sound (ACL1150) kexts. That's it.

I downloaded Clover Configurator (which I never used before), and mounted the EFI. But I don't have Oz in it. Only EFI>Apple. Do I have to create the OZ folder myself or did I do something wrong ?

By the way, you linked me to 1479m but I have the Sierra_F9 mod. Is your link still good for my case ?

Thanks !!

• Do you have more then one HDD/SSD in your System?
    If so, check if they have an /EFI/Oz-Folder in their EFI-Partition...
    Normale the drive which is connected to the first SATA-Port (SATA3 Port 0) gets those entries...

By the way: please add your Hardware-Details from your first post either in your Signature or your Profile, in the section "About me", so anybody can relate to your situation without having to search those infos in your opening post...

Gruß
    Al6042

• Done ;)

Indeed, I have Efi>Oz on one of my HDD. Why on this drive and not on my boot drive ?
    ANyway, i'll follow what you told me on your precedent post and I'll let you know !

EDIT : So, here are the news :
    1) I now have the Ozmosis logo when I boot
    2) I can chose to boot on my boot drive or Recovery HD
    3) My GPU works fine !!! (thanks again)

Do you know how to solve my no sound problem ? With the same Defaults.plist and changing some options ? I went to your link, but I don't understand everything. It's hard when you never digged in all of this...

I would like to be more and more independant about those issues. Any documentation on Ozmosis that help ? I understood it's not the most popular bootloader, so Its kind of difficult to find good documentation.

(I have to leave home, so I can't work on my hack now. I will follow this thread on my cell).

Thank you

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fborensz ()

• BTW...
    I just created a patched DSDT for your board, which you can put into /EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load...
    With that you should get Onboard- and HDMI-Audio running, together with a couple of other nice treats... ;)

Dateien

• DSDT.aml

(71,23 kB, 243 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

• That sounds nice ! I'll be able to check it as soon as I'm home. I'll keep you updated ;)

EDIT : I put the dsdt on the Load folder as you suggested, but I can't boot my computer anymore :/ stuck at loading with the Apple logo
    EDIT 2 : I didn't find any solution for now. It won't even let me boot on my bootable drive to make a clean Sierra Install. Can't access to anything :(

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fborensz ()

• In that case use the Ozmosis-Shell (Gear-Symbol in OZM Startmenu) and use the following commands:

Code
    1. map

to find all the available partitions

Code
    1. fsX:

to connect to the available paritions, the "X" outlines the numbers between 0 to 9

Use the ls-command in every partition to find the correct EFI-partition.
    With cd \EFI\Oz\Acpi\load you are able to switch the directory...
    ATTENTION 1: use the "\" as separator in the Shell

If your in the directory which contains the DSDT.aml-file use the following command to:
    1. rename the file

Code
    1. mv DSDT.aml DSDT,aml.bak

2. or remove the file

Code
    1. rm DSDT.aml

ATTENTION 2: the keyboard layout in the shell is english, in that case you have to be aware that some of the necessary keys are switched, e.g. : and \

Good luck...

Gruß
    Al6042

• Thanks, but unfortunately, I can't access to the shell either.

I only have access to my BIOS or to the same startmenu as shown here :
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/G384uIQhwUY/hqdefault.jpg

It shows 2 drives. One with no name and the second one, Recovery HD (of course, I have tried to boot on both of them)
    Clicking on the top right thing that loos like a shell doesn't do anything.

• Too bad...
    i’m currently at a diner with friends... can you boot with a clover boot stick or a live Linux version?

Gruß
    Al6042

• Don't worry ! You're helping me a lot already ! I've never did this, but i'll find à Clover tutorial tomorrow.

EDIT : Just to be sure : Were you talking about a Clover bootloader stick or a Sierra + Clover stick ?

EDIT 2 : So here is what I did :
    - installed clover on my stick
    - flashed the BIOS to have the "legit" one (and not ozmosis modded bios)
    - enabledXHCI and EHCI Handoff
    - disabled VT-d
    - unplugged my CGU and connected my screen to my motherboard
    - on boot, I had the clover start menu. When I try to boot on either my boot drive (with Sierra already on it) or on my bootable Sierra disk I have this message :

Zitat

OsxAptipFixDrv: Error - requested memoru exceeds our allocated relocation block

- So I reinstalled clover but choosing the OsxAptipFix2Driv this time
    - I am on my Sierra Desktop now !
    - Installed Clover on my computer boot drive
    - Reboot the computer (and plugging my GPU again, disabling intern graphics)
    - Hackintosh working using clover !! (with a stretched Apple logo though :P )

Of course, sound is not working. What should I do ? Stay on Clover and try to find a solution for my missing sound or go back to Ozmosis again ? (I deleted the DSDT)
    EDIT 3 :
    - I tried to restore AppleHDA using Kext Wizard and the restore the cache, but it doesn't work after rebooting. (AppleHDA.kxt still not in S/L/E)

Thanks again ;)

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fborensz ()

• Let us check this out in the evening...

Gruß
    Al6042

• Our Teamviewer Session was very successful... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

• <p>Everything works perfectly ! Thanks again !</p>