Galaxy Book 12 El Capitan on Oled device

• Hello guys
    I have a Galaxy book 12
    Specs i5 7200u / hd620 oled screen
    Alc298 for audio
    Wacom digitizer and touch.

Ive installed successfully el capitan, but have problem with audio and backlight.
    As i know oled screen does not have lcd or ips backlight.
    Could i still able to get backlight work? In windows work (dont know how).
    I tried several ways, acpibacklight.kext or intelbacklight.kext. fn keys and slider works but no backlight changes.
    Same for audio. Fn keys and slider works, but no audio
    Could you help me :)?

• Do U inject ur layout-ID with Clover? (11; 28 or 72 would work)

But regarding the Backlight Problem, I don't have any clue...

• Thanks!
    Yeah tried so many times!
    Could i send u some files if you want to check feel free to ask.
    Also o have a codec dump from linux (for Audio)

• I'm sry but I am not an expert in such things, but are U sure, that the inject was succeful? U can see that in the IOREG!

• Until using High Sierra, the injected Audio iD can be found within the "System Information".
    Under "Hardware"->"Audio" click on "Intel High Definition Audio" if it is available and check the "Audio ID" in the window which should be shown underneath.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• In that case the inject was not successful...
    In regards to your information about other attempts, it might be possible some of these still have kexts lingering around...

You should check that in the System Information, segment "Software"->"Extensions".
    When the list of Extensions is created, click on the column "Obtained from" two times, so the list is sorted and beginning with "Unknown" or "Not signed".

Create a screenshot from those Kexts and post it as an attachment.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• And also, since u have a kaby lake system, u should look into ur dsdt and if applicable rename the alza device to hdef or at least attach ur dsdt here, so that we can do that for u

• Okay today when i get home ill link all!
    Thank you so much
    Ive uploaded my DSDT
    Later the other things :)

Dateien

• DSDT.aml

(125,93 kB, 112 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von axel9546 ()

• Try this one, if it doesn't word try to change the layout id of the -DSM Method within HDEF Device from 0x0B (ID: 11) to 0x1C (ID:28) and if that doesn't work either try 0x48 (ID:72) (Picture attached on how to do that)

• For the inject to take effect, U of course need to have Lilu + AppleALC in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/ !

Please send me an IOREG!

• For the inject to take effect, U of course need to have Lilu + AppleALC in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/ !

Please send me an IOREG!

Thanks!
    Here u have :) (AppleALC and LILU on other but no audio)

with layout 28 (0x1C) i have fnkeys and slider wokring but no audio

• So then there are 2 options;:

1. Try out VodooHDA and wish luck

2. Or build ur very own Codec: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/i…-applehda-patching-guide/

But I haven't tried any of those...
    I'm pretty sure that someone in this Forum knows how it works, tho

• Oh there are many possible factors...

What happend then? Does ur device wake again by itself or doesn't it wake again?

• The device if i put stop, it goes stop. And if i press something it will be up again.
    But no wake or stop from power button.

Also take apart the brightness problem. Forget about that.
    I really would like to know how to fix the audio problem that i really need :)
    I am also trying High Sierra and El Capitan both. Same results (for audio)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von axel9546 ()

• So ur power button just doesn't work, but from the menu the sleep function works?

So then let's try the VodooHDA from Chris1111 with HighSierra (There's even a video attached) : https://github.com/chris1111/VoodooHDA-macOS-High-Sierra