Z97M-D3H rev1.0 doesn't boot high sierra

• Hey,

same to me with the Z97X-UD3H after flashing the BIOS with the latest Ozmosis Mod for High Sierra from here.

BIOS seems also hanging in Black Screen after the "Beep". With pressing F12 and choosing my Macintosh-Partition it works.

I have restored the defaults and only set the internal graphics (IGFX and 32 MB). This was always the minimum of settings to get it working.

I also went back to the previews BIOS with the same procedure and everything worked fine again.

Then again forward and getting back the problem.

Any hints?

Thanks

• F12, select EDK-Shell and add the boot entry

e.g.

Code
    1. bcfg boot add 1 fs1:\xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi myHolyCowMacOS

Where "myHolyCowMacOS" can be freely chosen.

reboot and you should see the GUI entry "myHolyCowMacOS" or whatever you named it.

hth

• There is no EDK-Shell in my ROM and it seems to hang much more earlier. The Gigabyte Logo is not flashing up what it did after I use F12 and selecting the boot device.
    Maybe it was not a good idea of griven to use the Beta Bios for the mod. I will try to build my own ROM with F9 Bios.

Edit:
    Okay, I think I have found the problem. The theme is missing in the new ROM for HighSiera. I have extracted it from the old ROM and put it in the /EFI/Oz. Now when it boots I get the Ozmosis boot menu for 5 seconds and then it boots in macOS. I never had this menu before and can not deactivate it with the nvram command

Code
    1. sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:UserInterface=%00

ossi

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ossi ()