TINU - Der einfachste Weg zum USB-Installer

• i am planning to give you the app for different languages, but only when i have implemented almost all the features i want to introduce, so, at least when we have a complete clover support and the guided clover configuration in tinu implemented and coprrectly working, because those are the biggest features i want to introduce into the next releases of tinu, and i have also you and some other friends to translate it to german, some other friends for franch and also i can do the italian translation, maybe we can have some spanish as well, i'd like that the version of tinu with multilanguage support will support most of the most diffused languages of the world

• Wenn TINU meine USB gerate sucht, stürzt es direkt ab.

• First of all make sure that you are running the latest version of the app, then if it does not works:

Please open TINU, in the menu bar click on TINU->Open TINU in diagnostics mode, it will ask you for a password, so type it and press enter, it will open terminal window and then reopen the app, in the terminal window it will display all the log of the app, so try to reuse the app, and then when it freezes copy all the text from the terminal window, put it inside a text file and send it to me, also it's useful to disconnect all the non needed storage devices from your machine, and tell me if you machine is an hackintosh or a real Mac or a vm, and which are the storage devices in it and which kind off partitions and which file system they does contain.

I need this info to trouble shoot the situation, it can also happen that on some machines the drive detection is slow

And also make sure that your usb drive meets all the requirements, you should have your main partition fo at least 8 gb in the usb drive

• I have tested the latest release of tinu with macOS mojave beta 2 and works flawlessly, and the new version thatb i have now decided to call version 2.1 is very close to be ready, i think i can release it in 1 or 2 weeks, i have to continue doing testing and bug fix and to finish to optimize the code

• Thanks for the info... :)

Did you also take a look at situations where the app is used by an unprivileged user?
    Remember the issue with the second Password request...

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• That will be solved when i will succed to implement the official apple's way to do privaldeg operations, for now there is jus a message in the second password asking but i want to deprecate this system starting with tinu 3 beta 1 if i can, but for now i have to prepare everything to implement that, so that's why i am working on tinu 2.1, to prepare the app to implement all the needed things and also to give you a better working app and with better mac os mojave comaptibility

• Hi, I have published a new version of TINU, with a lot of improovements based on all the user's complains in the last months. This is a short changelog:

• Huge changements and reworking under the hood
    • Moved to xCode 10
    • Mojave dark mode support
    • New EFI Partition Mounter utility
    • New redesigned log window
    • Improoved grammar, text and understandability
    • improoved layouts and UI
    • New login and password prompt system, more secure and reliable
    • Huge bug fix (thanks to the users and beta testers)
    • Optimization of the app
    • Re-organization of the sorce code
    • Added new people to the credits (Peter Paul Chato, Thomas Tempelmann)

You can find it here:

https://github.com/ITzTravelIn…eleases/tag/2.1_PUBLIC_60

• Thanks ITzTravelInTime ...

I added the new version to the Download-Thread, with translated changelog...

TINU oder besser gesagt "TINU Is Not Uni*****"

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Dr.Stein

Hat den Titel des Themas von „TINU“ zu „TINU - Der einfachste Weg zum USB-Installer“ geändert.
  • I'll do that, but it has to wait until Tuesday... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

• And after one year i am back, i am working on a new tinu version and i released a first beta of it.

The new version is the version 3.0 and it's still in developement with a lot fo things subject to changes in future betas and in the fi nal 3.0 release.

you can find the download for the beta version's binary here: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases

and the source code has been pubblished here: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/tree/development

changelogs can be found in the github repo with the various commits, one final changelog will be made for the final 3.0 release

• As a small christmas present i released beta 2 for tinu 3.0, it can be downloaded from here:

https://github.com/ITzTravelIn…releases/tag/3.0_BETA_(68)

the source code can be found here:

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/tree/development

for the changelog, look at the release on github or at the recent commits

there is also a telegram group for beta testing of the app if you want to join and have a direct contact with me (it's in english only) https://t.me/TINUBetaTesting

• ITzTravelInTime ......many thanks for your great support.:thumbup:

Tinu is a little big helper.:danke2:

• I has been a while since i last updated this thread, i have released a new version, it is version 3.0 BETA 3 which added support to catalina and big sur and a bunch of other things, you can find it here:

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases

About the future plans:

1)I am currently working on BETA 4 and i am keeping updated the development branch on github with all the new changes i made, you can find it here to see which is the stuff i am working on: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/tree/development

2)The final release 3.0 will came after beta 4 and after a final beta 5 (which will facus on bugfix), i hope to get this done by the end of sptember, but i still need to spend time debugging and doing what's left on my todo-list.

3)The release after 3.0 will be a total conversion of the 3.0 release to swift 4 or 5 and ported to xcode 11 or 12 (in case of xcode 12 i will absolutely try to get the thing working on Apple silicon Macs using an universal executable, but i will need to put my hands on an apple silicon machine somehow to do debugging, or it will be just pubblished as untested together with the intel-only binary)

• About beta 4 i am laying down some groundwork for localization and i am starting to do that by remooving a bunch of hardcoded ui-related strings from the app's code and mooving them to external .json files located into the app's bundle, this will make ui management somewhat easyer since there is no longer the need to mess with the code and also since the ui stuff will be located into external files it will be easily editable and so new languages can be added even without using xcode.

This stuff is in very early stages now and still doesn't work for a bunch of reasons (like the app being compiled just to target english and also the fact that the vast mojority of the ui stuff isn't implemented via json files but rather in the storyboards or via hardcoded stuff) of course this will change and i'd really like to give you a version of the app featuring german support in the future (and for that i will need some people to take care of the translation).

To take a look you can see what i have done in the latest commit on github in the development branch https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/tree/development

About the github repo should i commit my latest work to the main branch or just keep using the development branch for that? and so leaving the main branch for release code only?

• News:

About the diagnostics mode issue, the script files are now dinamically created into the ~/Application Support folder which is freely accessible by any app and so there should no longer be a problem with it, and also the diagnostics mode is prompted just when needed, which is on catalina and newer version with SIP enabled.

By the end of the mounth the new beta 4, which includes this fix and way more stuff will be out for all of you to use, i still have to work some stuff reguaring implementation of a multiple language system, but it's almost completed, i will have to implement it in a few views and messanges, i have also uploaded a preview version to let you try the fixes for the bugs, enjoy:

https://mega.nz/file/K4BHHAQJ#…laaMkJVrfo4AL63WMLIl_Wz6M

Note that this isn't oficially the beta 4, but it's just a little thing to let you try the fixes, much of the work has been done under the hood to improove the app, so there aren't a lot of new things you can see in the UI in this version

• So here is the public version of tinu 3.0 beta 4, i hope you like it:

https://github.com/ITzTravelIn…ases/tag/3.0_BETA_4_(82)/

and here is the official changelog:

- Added multiple language system to let the app to be translated in different languages in future versions of the tool

- Added a BETA italian language translation

- Rewritten or revisioned most of the UI's code

- Huge code polish and revision of the way most systems of the app works

- Rewritten the diagnostics mode code (the app will no longer always ask you to use the diagnostics mode and the "Error code 1" problem is fixed)

- Installer app size detection to let you avoid using installer apps too big for your disk

- Improved EFI partition mounter (reworked some ui code and added support for opening the config.plist with multiple apps)

- Revisioned disk detection system

- Revisioned disk icon detection system

- Reworked progressbar system

- Removal of several hardcoded contents which were mooved into some .json files which are embedded into the app

- Solved several UI bugs

- Improved support for Big Sur

- Reworked notifications

- Other "under the hood" work which is not really worth mentioning because this list is already quite long

This version is (at the time of release) the reccommended version if you want to use Catalina or Big Sur

• TINU would be OK, but after connecting the USB drive and loading the installation, it will erase the USB drive.

Then it puts on a USB installation, but EFI is missing and USB doesn't boot !!

How can EFI be done for installation then?

For me, it's useless, and I'd rather work with a partitioned USB drive where I have EFI and on Untitled via the command I will install.

It is a pity that TINU does not have a tool for USB partitioning for EFI and Installation, as has BDUtility in Windows. :rolleyes:

• TINU would be OK, but after connecting the USB drive and loading the installation, it will erase the USB drive.

Then it puts on a USB installation, but EFI is missing and USB doesn't boot !!

How can EFI be done for installation then?

For me, it's useless, and I'd rather work with a partitioned USB drive where I have EFI and on Untitled via the command I will install.

It is a pity that TINU does not have a tool for USB partitioning for EFI and Installation, as has BDUtility in Windows. :rolleyes:

The creation/installation of the EFI is left to the user intentionally to void having the tool falling in the same rabbithole as unibeast which just encourages not learning about setting up correctly your bootloader, it isn't a unibeast replacement and therefor it doesn't create the efi folder. tinu however does create always the efi partition and if you go into the options section of the tool after choosing the installer app you can always use the efi installer menus for you bootloader of choiche to have tinu install it automatically if you already have one.

The focus of TINU is being a good tool for general purpose macOS installer creation while provviding some usefoul stuff like the EFI partition mounter tool.

• hi guys,. after a long while i am back with a new release of TINU, here is what's new:

https://github.com/ITzTravelIn…releases/tag/3.0_RC_(100)

- Overhaul of all the internal systems used by the app. The way the app performs it's tasks is now better programmed and organised, and the code is now more unified and slimmer.

- New and updated UI for EFI Partition Mounter.

- UI revision and overhaul, also some long standing UI bugs have been fixed.

- New Icons and colours exclusively on Big Sur and newer macOS versions.

- Native Apple Silicon support (still experimental and somewhat untested).

- Now using Swift 5 and Xcode 12.

- The project now features some Swift packages that allows you to use features from TINU in your own projects (See the readme for a list of the swift packages used).

- Improved all the detection systems.

- Improved Big Sur and Monterey support for installer Apps.

- Fixes of some long-standing bugs.

- More Bug-Fixes.