macOS sierra in Thinkpad E560 help needed

• Hello @al6042, I hope you are doing well,
    The problem of macOS gives a low battery warning even is the battery more than 90% is not solved yet!
    I checked Console.app and I found this message:

Code
    1. ACPIBatteryManager: WARNING! fMaxCapacity > fDesignCapacity. adjusted fMaxCapacity from 4647, to 4400

Is this a problem?

My files in attachements and please notice that I install kext in the System volume instead of CLOVER/kext/Other

I asked RehabMan about the problem and he thinks that the problem happens because of ACPI is not patched correctly
    can you help me please to patch it correctly

Dateien

• New Files.rar

(1,75 MB, 123 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Lenovo ThinkPad e560, Intel Core i5 6200U, Intel HD Graphics 520 und AMD Radeon R7 370, 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz, Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165, macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Web Developer ()

• Please try attached DSDT...

Dateien

• DSDT.aml

(66,6 kB, 86 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Please try attached DSDT...

Thank you for your efforts,
    The new DSDT didn't solve the problem, macOS still gives a low battery warning even is the battery more than 90% and Console.app show this message:

Code
    1. ACPIBatteryManager: WARNING! fMaxCapacity > fDesignCapacity. adjusted fMaxCapacity from 4647, to 4400

Lenovo ThinkPad e560, Intel Core i5 6200U, Intel HD Graphics 520 und AMD Radeon R7 370, 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz, Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165, macOS Sierra 10.12.6

• In that case I will have to check the DSDT again tomorrow.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• In that case I will have to check the DSDT again tomorrow.

I will be ready any time ☺

• I didn't had the chance to do anything in that matter...

EDIT:
    Please try the attached file.

Dateien

• DSDT.aml

(66,75 kB, 81 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von al6042 ()

• @al6042 Now when I connect the Charger the Battery indicator not showing that the Charger is connected!
    also the Red Battery problem is not solved,

and I have these two messages in the log:

Code
    1. kernel ACPIBatteryManager: WARNING! fMaxCapacity > fDesignCapacity. adjusted fMaxCapacity from 4647, to 4400
    2. default 22:34:30.061785 +0300 kernel ACPIBatteryManager: WARNING! fCurrentCapacity > fMaxCapacity. adjusted fCurrentCapacity from 4633, to 4400

• Then you should use the original DSDT again...
    Sorry, but I can't find the issue in the DSDT.
    Maybe some of the other E560 Users can shed some light on this issue.

Gruß
    Al6042

• Hello @al6042
    I hope you are doing well,
    I want to ask you question,
    I just get my Battery Properties from AIDA64 windows programs and it report these Properties:

Code
    1. Designed Capacity 47520 mWh
    2. Fully Charged Capacity 50210 mWh
    3. Current Capacity 44300 mWh (88 %)
    4. Battery Voltage 12.447 V
    5. Wear Level 0 %
    6. Power State AC Line, Charging
    7. Charge Rate 27980 mW

Can you update the DSDT in the attachments to reflect my battery Designed Capacity and Fully Charged Capacity, maybe my problem will be solved!
    Thank you in advance

Dateien

• DSDT.aml

(66,57 kB, 133 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Web Developer ()

• Well that isn`t possible since these values are stored directly on the battery (it has some Logic on it to achieve this) and are only read by the OS through some ACPI calls. Where most of this values are static some of them can be also be modified...

Fully Charged Capacity = The overall Capacity all Cells in your battery are able to hold (static, can not be altered)
    Desigend Capacity = The amount of Energie which is stored to your battery until the Logic considers it to be fully charged (can bei altered, normally it is set to 90% of the batteries max Value)
    Current = well says it all ^^

On most laptops you are able to define a range in percent between min and max capacity of the battery where the computer runs without charging the battery even if a power supply is plugged or not. This range defines the point on which the battery logic decides that the battery is empty or fully charged (even if it's not completely charged or discharged).

• Well that isn`t possible since these values are stored directly on the battery (it has some Logic on it to achieve this) and are only read by the OS through some ACPI calls. Where most of this values are static some of them can be also be modified...

Fully Charged Capacity = The overall Capacity all Cells in your battery are able to hold (static, can not be altered)
    Desigend Capacity = The amount of Energie which is stored to your battery until the Logic considers it to be fully charged (can bei altered, normally it is set to 90% of the batteries max Value)
    Current = well says it all ^^

On most laptops you are able to define a range in percent between min and max capacity of the battery where the computer runs without charging the battery even if a power supply is plugged or not. This range defines the point on which the battery logic decides that the battery is empty or fully charged (even if it's not completely charged or discharged).

@griven Thank you very much for you detailed information, you are awesome!
    As I said earlier, I'm a beginner and I really don't know how to solve the battery problem,
    Can you help me and we try together, maybe we will find the right solution!

• @al6042 I have the following response from Harper Lewis:

Zitat von Harper Lewis

the battery patch applied to the DSDT is this one: RehabMan bat Lenovo X220. It looks like although it works for my E460 and your E560 the X220 differs a bit from our models. I am getting the battery warning during booting, too. The battery indicator works fine, though. The best solution would be to patch the DSDT from scratch, but that's beyond my knowledge.

I would be grateful if you help me to patch the DSDT from scratch
    Thank you very much