macOS sierra in Thinkpad E560 help needed

• Try this Clover-Folder.

(I think, SSDT.aml is the cause of your problem. Now I deleted it from Clover. You have to create your own SSDT later.)

Dateien

• CLOVER.zip

(2,87 MB, 57 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

HP Elite X2 G2, 12'', Intel Core i5-7300U, 16 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 620, 4 TB SSD, macOS Ventura

---

HP Compaq 8300 Elite, Intel Core i5-3470, 4 x 3,20 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Ivy Bridge, Nvidia Geforce GT 710 (Intel HD Graphics 2500), macOS Big Sur

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von iPhoneTruth ()

• Try this Clover-Folder.

(I think, SSDT.aml is the cause of your problem. Now I deleted it from Clover. You have to create your own SSDT later.)

I will try your CLOVER folder and report back to you

UPDATE:
    @iPhoneTruth
    When I tried to use ssdtPRGen to generate SSDT it failed with the following error:

I think the problem because I have 6200U cpu and you have 6500U CPU, maybe the DSDT need some changes? what you think

Lenovo ThinkPad e560, Intel Core i5 6200U, Intel HD Graphics 520 und AMD Radeon R7 370, 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz, Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165, macOS Sierra 10.12.6

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Web Developer ()

• Wait with generating your SSDT. Laptop will run also without SSDT.

How is it now with the batteryindicator?

HP Elite X2 G2, 12'', Intel Core i5-7300U, 16 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 620, 4 TB SSD, macOS Ventura

---

HP Compaq 8300 Elite, Intel Core i5-3470, 4 x 3,20 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Ivy Bridge, Nvidia Geforce GT 710 (Intel HD Graphics 2500), macOS Big Sur

• Wait with generating your SSDT. Laptop will run also without SSDT.

How is it now with the batteryindicator?

Without SSDT it shows that: No Battery Available

UPDATE:
    @iPhoneTruth I generate the SSDT successfully and this is the result:

but when I use this SSDT.aml the same problem not solved and it show the message: No Battery Available

Lenovo ThinkPad e560, Intel Core i5 6200U, Intel HD Graphics 520 und AMD Radeon R7 370, 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz, Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165, macOS Sierra 10.12.6

• Which one is the latest DSDT you currently use?
    I might also add, that I had an Ideapad 500-15ISK, which didn't need a DSDT-Battery-Patch, just the ACPIBatteryManager.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other directory.
    Did you try that on your machine?

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Which one is the latest DSDT you currently use?
    I might also add, that I had an Ideapad 500-15ISK, which didn't need a DSDT-Battery-Patch, just the ACPIBatteryManager.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other directory.
    Did you try that on your machine?

@al6042
    I use this DSDT from this post
    macOS sierra in Thinkpad E560 help needed

I didn't try without DSDT-Battery-Patch, I don't know how to patch or unpatch DSDT
    can you help me please

• Before I can do that, you should add your hardware details either in your signature or your profile, within the section "About me".
    I also would like to take a look at your IOREG-Data...
    Please download the IORegistryExplorer, open it and save the results with "File"->"Save as" as an IOREG-file...
    Compress it and post it as an attachment.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Before I can do that, you should add your hardware details either in your signature or your profile, within the section "About me".
    I also would like to take a look at your IOREG-Data...
    Please download the IORegistryExplorer, open it and save the results with "File"->"Save as" as an IOREG-file...
    Compress it and post it as an attachment.

@al6042
    I did all of that :)
    the IOREG-file in the attachments

Dateien

• MacBook Pro.zip

(1,99 MB, 117 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

• Please do not always quote the post directly above yours... everybody in here can read, but all that "quoting" messes up the readability of the thread on mobile devices...
    Thanks

EDIT:
    Do you use a Broadcom Wifi/BT Combo-Card in your Thinkpad E560?

Gruß
    Al6042

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von al6042 ()

• No, I use Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 but it is not working as you know, I'm planning to replace it soon

• Please try the attached config.plist and DSDT.aml, but make sure you just rename your current ones, instead of deleting them.

Dateien

• config.plist

(7,89 kB, 93 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • DSDT.aml

(66,57 kB, 73 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

• You are awesome! It works!!!!!!!!!!!
    I need to test it more but it appears it works fine, Thank you very much

What you did to make it work?
    and I want to ask you, should I use the SSDT that I generate in post 24 ( Is I generate it right?)

or should I use the SSDT from @iPhoneTruth files?

EDIT:
    It appears that the battery percentage is shown right, but the Battery icon turn to RED color at 94% :(
    maybe there is a small problem need to be fixed

• Thanks for the Info... :)
    Since the battery seems to work, I'd say try both SSDTs one after another and see what's happening when you check the speedsteps with the Intel Power Gadget.
    In regards to the DSDT, the Battery Patch was already set, but it seemed to have missed the "AC Adapter Fix" from the "Laptop"-Repository.
    I added that, with a couple of other known Injections for Audio, Graphics, HDMI-Audio and some other stuff... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

• I don't know how to thank you, many many thanks

did you read my edit?
    EDIT:
    It appears that the battery percentage is shown right, but the Battery icon turn to RED color at 94%
    maybe there is a small problem need to be fixed

• Never saw that kind of change... that might come from the ACPIBatteryManager.

Gruß
    Al6042

• @al6042
    Ok, I test it more with both SSDT,
    In the attachments you will find two screenshots of both my SSDT and @iPhoneTruth of Intel Power Gadget
    Which one is better?

And about the Battery red icon problem, I noticed that it turn red after the battery decreased by about 3% for example: if the battery is 77% the icon will turned red after the battery decreased to %74
    and if I make a sleep and wake for the laptop, the battery icon turned to black again!

• Try to use "Use dark menu bar and Dock" to see if the color-issue still exists.
    I'm missing the attachments... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

• The battery problem not solved with "Use dark menu bar and Dock" :( and it show me the notification "Low Battery your Mac will sleep soon unless plugged into a power outlet." but its not sleeping after the message appear

and sorry for missing the attachments, now in the attachments ^^

UPDATE:
    Another problem that I have a dual boot, macOS and Windows 10
    in macOS the battery level is 61%
    and if i reboot and entered Windows 10, I found the battery level is 55%
    Is that normal?

• I would use your SSDT... it seems much more balanced for the CPU.

In regards to a possible difference in Battery data grabbed within a multi-boot-environment, I can't help you, since I don't have something to compare your findings.

Gruß
    Al6042

• @iPhoneTruth Can you please confirm that you don't have difference in Battery data grabbed within a multi-boot-environment? I have 5% difference between macOS and Windows

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Web Developer ()