Ozmosis problem with ASUS H97M-E and macOS Sierra

• Hello.
    Some time ago I flashed bios and installed El Capitan 10.11.5.
    I used this bios Mod for H97M-E-2702 and changed serials and mac model to iMac15,1. It works great. Update 10.11.6 installed successfully.
    Now I am trying to install macOS Sierra 10.12.5 (clean installation on new disk) and get error "busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'". On 10.12.4 the same problem.
    Is it possible to fix?

• Sure it´s possible to Fix :D
    Since Sierra broke some of OZ Kext Injection Mechanisms it was necessary to build an updated version of OZ which works with Sierra. I attached a Sierra Ready version of your Rom please test it and give Feedback if it works for you or not. Thank you :D

Dateien

• This ROM was flashed on my H97m-e board.Install of OS X 10.12.5 was succes. It is working know.The problems are no audio driver, and no Nvidia web driver support(my card is GTX960). How can i add these kext to the rom? Would you please give me some instruction? Thank you. Happy weekend!
    wh

• You can't add the Nvidia-WebDrivers to the ROM, since there will not be enough space inside the BIOS-FIle.
    To use the WebDrivers within Ozmosis, you have to make sure, the "NvidiaWeb"-function (like it's called in Clover) is set in your NVRAM.
    For that, you should use a dedicated Defaults.plist file, which can be placed on the hidden EFI-Partition in the folder /EFI/Oz.

To get your Onboard-Audio working, you should use a patched DSDT.aml, which also can be put on the hidden EFI-Partition, but in the folder /EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load.
    Together with the Kexts AppleALC-OZM and Lilu, which both can be placed in the folder /EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common, your Audio should work...

Just give 30 minutes and I will give you a patched DSDT for the board... ;)

EDIT:
    I was even faster then 30 minutes... ;)
    Here you go...

Dateien

• DSDT.aml

(63,66 kB, 236 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von al6042 ()

• :) It is so kind of you to have such a quick response! Thank you very much! I think the dedicated Defaults.plist for the gtx card is more important than the audio. Would you please give me both the defaults.plist(will be put in OZ) and the DSDT together? I can mount the efi disk with no problem.
    Have a nice day!
    wh
    Here is a defaults.plist downloaded in our forum.Do you think it is ok to put in the OZ file to support the gtx card working under Nvidia WebDriver?

Dateien

• Defaults.plist

(2,26 kB, 300 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von whfengmd ()

• I can't give you a defaults.plist until you used the following tool to extract the current File from the ROM onto your desktop... ;)
    Auslesen der Ozmosis-Parameter

Post the resulting Defaults.plist as an attachment and I will do the rest.

Also, please add your hardware details either in your signature or your profile, within the segment "About me", so anybody knows which parts you use instead of asking every time... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Thank you, Sir! I understand. I will do it next Monday when i come back, and next time i will have my hardware list like yours :)
    All my best,
    wh

• Okidoki... have a nice weekend... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

• Dear Sir,
    The Audio works smoothly after applying what you provided exactly. The default.plist come from the oztool box is attached here. Expect your fix for the video card. Thank you very much!!!
    wh

• Morning,
    there wasn't much to add or change, but please try the attached file.
    Put it in the folder /EFI/Oz on your hidden EFI-Partition.
    Reboot -> Start your BIOS -> Use the keys "Alt-WinLogo+P+R" for the NVRAM-reset...

This will force the machine to read and use the new defaults.plist.
    Good Luck... ;)

Dateien

• Defaults.plist

(2,3 kB, 279 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

• Thank you Sir!
    This time, the video works greatly, but the audio lose again. I have tried several times, the trump is still gray. System Pre shows like the picture I attached. Is there any other choice for me?

• Interesting...
    please provide a screenshot from the Systemreport->Software->Extensions sorted by the "from"-column, only with Kexts which have the "from" entries "not signed" and "Unknown".

Gruß
    Al6042

• Interesting...
    please provide a screenshot from the Systemreport->Software->Extensions sorted by the "from"-column, only with Kexts which have the "from" entries "not signed" and "Unknown".

I am not sure if this is what you want. I can't find the replay button,so I use a quote. Is it right?
    wh

• Nope, that's the wrong info...
    I can send you an example in about 10 hours... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

• Hello.
    I'm still on OS X 10.11.6 (there is no possibility to flash BIOS at this moment). But I tested DSDT.aml + AppleALC-OZM. New audio devices are found on my PC, but no sound through their. Sound Blaster X_Fi Go_ Pro is my USB sound card. It is works fine.

The second problem with graphics. I use Intel i5-4690 + internal video Intel HD 4600. I have some freezes on boot process (see attachment). After 15 sec it becomes normal. IntelGraphicsFixup kext doesn't resolve this problem.

UPD1: I don't have any additional changes on Defaults.plist like AAPL,ig-platform-id. My Defaults.plist (with hidden serials and HardwareSignature) in attachments.

UPD2: I changed AAPL,ig-platform-id = 220332035, DisableIntelInjection = false, DisableNvidiaInjection = true - there are no any changes.

kextstat output:

Code
    1. 21 3 0xffffff7f82560000 0x46000 0x46000 as.vit9696.Lilu (1.1.6) 289F8924-5235-3D7B-B29E-E5EE605860BC <7 5 4 3 2 1>
    2. 22 0 0xffffff7f825a6000 0x4000 0x4000 as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup (1.1.5) 47BB5305-FFF7-3F9B-9AE8-31240D02F451 <21 7 5 4 3 2 1>
    3. 23 0 0xffffff7f825aa000 0x4000 0x4000 as.vit9696.Shiki (2.0.3) EA1A8E82-3CFB-3913-A3C5-65D018819391 <21 7 5 4 3 2 1>
    4. 24 0 0xffffff7f825ae000 0x9d000 0x9d000 as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.1.3) 3F1AA8FB-D660-3877-92E2-6413ABABE1C5 <21 7 5 4 3 2 1>
  • @whfengmd
    Sorry, my mistake... the column is called "Obtained from" and the screenshot should look like this:

@Limman
    Which Cables are you using to connect those displays?
    In your video.png screenshot the second display is mentioned as "Built-In: Yes", which is slightly confusing... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

• :) Thank you very much! I have totally returned back to clove boot since the audio was so unstable, because I had to setup the driver every time when on or awake. I expect you make a new version oz for this board when you have time. The new one would be perfect for supporting both the audio and the video. Any way, thank you for your passion and patience!
    wh

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt