Cannot get ALC1150 audio with Ozmosis

• For whatever reason, I cannot seem to get audio working with Ozmosis (probably because I don't know what I'm doing). Right now audio is the only thing I've noticed that isn't working, because all the other kexts are preloaded by the BIOS. I've placed "AppleALC-OZM.kext" into EFI/OZ/Darwin/Extensions/Common, I've (attempted, but probably incorrectly) edited my DSDT and placed it into EFI/OZ/Acpi/Load, but I still get a grayed-out sound bar...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I hope to do a lot of audio-related tasks on this computer

• Then where's your DSDT?
    How should we be able to help if you don't show us what you've already got? ;)

Also make sure that you have the Lilu.kext in your /EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common folder, since AppleALC-OZM needs that since version 1.1.0

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Ozmosis normally includes a compressed special version of VoodooHDA.Kext, called "DADE1009-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275_VoodooHdaKext.ffs" here. And this is made for Quo's ALC892 and the ALC1150, and it's running well --- you do not need another sound kext, if you use it. And if you don't like to use this Voodoo-Kext you have to be sure, that it is not inside your BIOS-Rom, because it will block any other sound-kext.
    It's not a verry small one, so it's thrown out of Ozmosis by many builds to make place for other kexts, but I still use it for my Quo-Oz and my Ga-Z97M-G5-Oz..

:hackintosh:

• Then where's your DSDT?
    How should we be able to help if you don't show us what you've already got? ;)

I've now deleted it, since I figured it's probably going to do more harm than good in the long run and there already should be one inside of Ozmosis. I basically just applied RehabMan's patch for my board in the hopes it'd solve my problems. I still have my original backup though (attached below), and I can patch that if I know what it is I need to do.

Zitat

Also make sure that you have the Lilu.kext in your /EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common folder, since AppleALC-OZM needs that since version 1.1.0

I got super excited because I wasn't aware that I needed that (it's not included in the audio wiki), but I just tested it out and even with AppleALC-OZM.kext and Lilu.kext in my Common folder, my audio bar is still grayed out :huh:

Ozmosis normally includes a compressed special version of VoodooHDA.Kext, called "DADE1009-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275_VoodooHdaKext.ffs" here. And this is made for Quo's ALC892 and the ALC1150, and it's running well --- you do not need another sound kext, if you use it. And if you don't like to use this Voodoo-Kext you have to be sure, that it is not inside your BIOS-Rom, because it will block any other sound-kext.
    It's not a verry small one, so it's thrown out of Ozmosis by many builds to make place for other kexts, but I still use it for my Quo-Oz and my Ga-Z97M-G5-Oz..

If there is a Voodoo kext in my BIOS it certainly isn't doing anything for me. I used the BIOS ROM from this exact post... How do I go about opening it up to check what all it contains?

Dateien

• DSDT.aml

(67,7 kB, 152 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • Well this rom does not contain any kind of VoodooHDA stuff since it caused trouble to some users so you're good to go :D
    To make Audio work four components are needed:

1. an untouched AppleHDA in /System/Library/Extensions
    2. no HDADisablers oder VoodooHDA.kext anywhere in the System
    3. Lilu.kext (Lilu - Generic kext patcher (neue Grundlage für AppleALC 1.1.x und Shiki 2.x.x)) and AppleALC_OZM.kext (AppleALC - der dynamische AppleHDA Patcher - immer aktuell) both placed on your hidden EFI Partition into /Efi/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common/
    4. a patched DSDT which injects AudioID1 -> DSDT.aml placed on your hidden EFI Partition into /Efi/Oz/Acpi/Load/

Once done reboot and enjoy sound :D

• Oh my gosh, thank you so much! That DSDT fixed it!

Unfortunately it doesn't look like my speakers are working properly, but I just texted with headphones and sound is now working ^_^

• You may need to test different outputs since they might not match the values printed on the Backplane :D

• Yeah, I know. I tested the speakers in Windows too so there's definitely just something wrong with them

I appreciate everyone's help!

• Hello! help me! I'm new in Oz world and i used hackintosh 1 year with clover, and now i want to change clove to Oz, i downloaded ready Oz rom for my mobo and installed 10.13 system workin good but i don't know how to install audio i used multibeast but not installed, please give me instruction how to install audio step by step (mobo: GA-Z97-D3H, VGA Intel HD 4600, Audio ALC1150) please help me? ?(:(

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt