RX 460 not working

• My rig:
    CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    MB - Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
    RAM - GSkill DDR3 1600 MHZ 16 Gb
    SSD - SAMSUNG SSD 840 EVO 120 G
    GF- XFX RX460 2G

I know that RX 460 should work OOB, but not in my scenario. OZ newest available and nothing happens:
    imgur.com/a/h5ZAd
    And this is my AMD9510:
    http://imgur.com/a/ViU1U

I know that im missing something and just cant get to it, so im hoping you can help me. Tnx!

• The RX 460 is not realy working ooB, it needs a working IGPU as First GPU on BIOS, than it works, just without the starting-apple..

:hackintosh:

• yeah, i put IGPU first but with blind boot - still its not working. Even if i boot into system, its not working until i switch cable tu IGPU and even then - only IGPU works.
    My BIOS set:
    Fast boot - Disabled
    Windows 8/10 Features - Other OS
    Lan PXE Boot option ROM - Disabled
    Storage Boot Option Control - UEFI Only
    Other PCI Devices ROM Priority - Legacy Only
    Initial Display Output - IGFX
    XHCI Hand-Off - Enabled
    Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port - Disabled
    Internal Graphics - Enabled
    High Precision Timer - Enabled
    VT-D - Disabled
    IOAPIC 24-119 - Disabled

• That title...For one moment i thought a little dream came true... You are mean :kopfschüttel:

iMac 19,1: i9 9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra @ F9 | ASUS TUF 6900XT | 970 Evo | macOS 11.7 | OpenCore 0.6.7

• In case of OZ as loader you need to pass the correct Framebuffer and enable OZ ATIInjection as well. I think for RX460 something like this should do the trick:

Code
    1. sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableAtiInjection=%00
    2. sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:AtiFramebuffer=Baladi
  • You should be allowed to correct your own threads titles. I fixed it for you.

sorry, i was using translator and only now manage to find switch for english.

In case of OZ as loader you need to pass the correct Framebuffer and enable OZ ATIInjection as well. I think for RX460 something like this should do the trick:

Code
    1. sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableAtiInjection=%00sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:AtiFramebuffer=Baladi

No luck with this, and i basicly use fb in config.plist. No luck with baffin or acre. Maybe someone used OZ with new RX cards?

• Hum I don´t have access to one of the newer AMD Cards so no way to test it but maybe the build in ATIInjection in OZ may not handle them correctly. Have you tried to inject the Cards properties directly via DSDT instead of using OZ Build in Injection? Also did you check if the Cards Device and Vendor ID is even present in AMD9000Controllers Info.plist?

• Hum I don´t have access to one of the newer AMD Cards so no way to test it but maybe the build in ATIInjection in OZ may not handle them correctly. Have you tried to inject the Cards properties directly via DSDT instead of using OZ Build in Injection? Also did you check if the Cards Device and Vendor ID is even present in AMD9000Controllers Info.plist?

I use only ssdt for CPU and IGPU, didnt tryed to add dsdt with AMD gpu. When i look at AMD95100 kext, there i can find rx460 id.
    Other problem, that in my config almost everything worked OOB, exept new GPU, so i kinda forget a lot about DSDT variants of making.
    I would be glad, if you share instructions what should i do.

• On Inmac forum i found this:

Zitat

rx cards do work but you must bin patch the x4100 kext and put it in the macos folder and edit the info.plist in ether fakesmc or applealc kext. my rx480 worked via this method same for pavo

So i made my own fakesmc and after @stehor send me in dm on inmac ready to use fakesmc (basicly you copy graphic card section from amd4100kext to fakesmc and that should make it work), but not for me.
    So if anyone who have RX460 and OZ as boot loader can check this method - i will be happy to know the results.
    I still have the problem, if someone already defeated the problem - share how you did it.
    p.s. i didn't tried ssdt/dsdt because i don't know how exactly make proper ssdt, if someone would guide me - that would be fantastic.

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt