How does Ozmosis solve the macOS Sierra NVMe drive file?

• How does Ozmosis solve the macOS Sierra NVMe drive file?

• Since Ozmosis doesn't have athe "KextsToPatch"-capability, all thos entries in a Clover config.plist must be added to the IONVMeFamily.kext directly.
    You can use a couple of perl commands to add those Hex-Changes, i.e.:

IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch#1

Code
    1. sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x89\xb3\xe8\x02\x00\x00\xc1\xe0\x0c\x05\x00\x10\x00\x00\x89\x83|\x89\xb3\xe8\x02\x00\x00\xc1\xe0\x09\x05\x00\x10\x00\x00\x89\x83|g' /System/Library/Extensions/IONVMeFamily.kext/Contents/MacOS/IONVMeFamily

Just create the other almost 16 patches as such a command and fire them up one after another.
    At the end use the following command:

Code
    1. sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

After that you should be able to reboot and try to see if the NVMe SSD is now available in Disk Utility.

But be careful... this way is only available if Sierra is already installed on a normal drive (HDD or SSD).
    To be able to install a new OSX on a blank machine with an NVMe SSD, you have to have the perl-patched IONVMeFamily.kext already on your install stick.

Also remember:
    If any of the Updates from OSX change the IONVMeFamily.kext, you have to do the whole procedure again...
    In case you already used an NVMe SSD with those patches and install an update, you might have the problem, that you cannot boot from that NVMe SSD after the Update, since the new IONVMeFamily.kext doesn't contain the necessary patches...

I would recommend to switch to Clover to use OSX with NVMe SSDs... :)

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Thank you very much for your reply!
    Can I insert the IONVMeFamily.ffs file into the BIOS ROM, but unfortunately it is not available.
    Do you have a good idea?
    Can you do me a favor to support NVMe SSD's ROM?

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
    Main edition: ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE
    GPU:Nvidia, GeForce, GTX, TITAN (6, GB / EVGA)
    Memory: 32 GB (Kingston DDR3 1866MHz)
    Hard disk: Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO (250 GB / SSD)
    Sound card: Definition @ audio Realtek High Intel High Definition Audio Controller
    NIC: Intel, Ethernet, Connection, I218-V / ASUS

• As I mentioned, I wouldn't recommend to use Ozmosis on a System which should be started by an NVMe SSD.

On the other hand that's something which I would gladly give to @Fredde2209, since he's more experienced with the ffs-creation.
    But please make sure that all the necessary "KextsToPatch" entries are added to the IONVMeFamily which should be changed to the ffs-file.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• I'm planning to enable ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE to support NVMe SSD to install MacOS

• Well... We could try inserting the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext into your Bios unless you do not update your system to 10.12.5 or higher. But, if it does work, we can create your another one, when 10.12.6 is out and insert that one into you Bios. And after 10.12.6, who knows, whether Ozmosis will still work. If it doesn't, you need to switch to Clover or just leave your system at Sierra. But for now, we can at least try whether it even works. For that, I need your Ozmosis Bios...

• @Fredde2209 habt Ihr in der Sache irgendwas unternommen? Mich würde interessieren ob es funktioniert oder nicht :D

• So... there already was a File for NVME Support in there, but it had the exact same GUID as a different file, which might be the reason, why it didn't load. So, here is a version with that being corrected and another one with a different solution (marked with a 2 and only compatible with 10.12.4)

• Some Feedback would be nice :D

• So... there already was a File for NVME Support in there, but it had the exact same GUID as a different file, which might be the reason, why it didn't load. So, here is a version with that being corrected and another one with a different solution (marked with a 2 and only compatible with 10.12.4)

非常感谢,谢谢你!

• This answer doesn't make any sense...
    Please continue in english.

Gruß
    Al6042

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt