Ozmosis problem with ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA

• Hi guys. From monday, I tried so many times for set the bios into my board.

ASUS Maximus VII Formula

I want to update rom from this, but Ez-Flash 2 or AI Suite 3 said this is not suitable file for this rom.

So I tried to ASUS FLASHBACK function, but it doesn't works too.... ( flashback function failed )

Before, I was using GA-Z77X-D3H mainboard. And I patched bios really easy form here.

I don't know why my new mainboard doesn't. And why FLASHBACK doesn't worked.

It cannot possible to patch easily into my new mainboard? Or anyone had used that bios before me?

Please Help me! Gosu senpai! T_T

• Did you follow the instruction in the board manual?

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Wait....

Since we don't know the rest of the hardware you're using I have to guess:
    You have a Nvidia Graphics Card working.... ;)
    It this is the case, shutdown the machine unplug and remove the Nvidia Card.
    Connect your monitor to the internal Graphics and boot to your BIOS.
    In there disable the internal Graphics and set your Primary Display to PCIE.
    Then install the Nvidia Card again and try to reboot... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Yes I have GTX 980Ti, But I tried with and without Graphics card both.
    But Unfortunately, I don't change anything on Bios. Cause my board don't work ( don't boot ).

When I install that bios, I can't saw anything.
    My PC don't boot. So I can't hear beep. Just waiting long time then I recognize it's not work.

I really want to this motherboard for Ozmosis.. T_T

• In that case you have to wait until one of the Ozmosis Gurus like @griven or @Fredde2209 can check the ROM or create a complete new one.

Gruß
    Al6042

• I'm really really really sure you do... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

• pfuuhh... I have absolutely no clue, why that one doesn't work, but you may try the attached one. For your audio codec, I need to tell you something... It is not possible to use the AppleALC yet. Fortunately, I know how to transform a patched AppleHDA into an AppleALC Kext. At least I hope so... I did it for 3 times now and it worked pretty good, but I can't guarantee, it will work. I will try my best, but it may take some time.

• @Fredde2209
    Wrong BIOS...

The user has a ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA... :)
    Last BIOS 3003 from 2015/11/23

Gruß
    Al6042

• But thats a Z97 Board and I think, this might be the problem... Maybe this is not exactly your board and you just took the wrong Bios?

EDIT: Sorry, hab da was durcheinandergebracht...
    Sorry, wasn't your fault, I mixed something up, with the last post in the Ozmosis Request Thread! :kopfschüttel:

EDIT2: Okay... you can try this one :D But still, the audio codec is the same :/ do you know the codecID of your CS4398 Codec by any chance?

• ROG SupremeFX Formula 2014 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC *4
    - Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
    - Cirrus Logic® CS4398 DAC: 120 dB SNR, -107 dB THD+N (Max. 192 kHz/ 24 -bit)
    - WIMA® film capacitors- ELNA® premium audio capacitors
    - TI LM4562 high-fidelity audio OP AMP(s)Audio Feature :
    - Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
    - DTS Connect
    - Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
    - Sonic SoundStage
    - Sonic SenseAmp
    - Sonic Studio
    - Sonic Radar II

I don't understand what you mean. The "CodecID".
    I Just know specification of audio of my mainboard

I can see the two codec in there
    [ ROG SupremeFX Formula 2014 8-Channel High Definition Audio Codec ] and [ Cirrus Logic® CS4398 DAC: 120 dB SNR, -107 dB THD+N (Max. 192 kHz/ 24 -bit) ]

If you want more, can you teach me where i get the information for you
    then I will gather more information. I'm 100% ready for you and me

• I can read the information at Asus's website too, but it doesn't help. If it did, I wouldn't ask you for information.

Every Audio Codec has its own ID. Here are some examples:
    ALC887 has the CodecID 2183
    ALC1150 has the ID 2304
    CS4213 has the ID 16915
    And now I'm looking for the CodecID for the CS4398... Maybe @al6042 has the commands for the terminal (only in Linux executable) for you (I don't).

• I don't know anything about the CS4398...
    It would great to know what Audiocodec will be found by the following Terminal commands in Linux:

Code
    1. cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codec00_dump.txt
    2. cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 > ~/Desktop/codec01_dump.txt
    3. cat /proc/asound/card1/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codec10_dump.txt
    4. cat /proc/asound/card1/codec#1 > ~/Desktop/codec11_dump.txt

@Minsu Kang
    Create a Linux-Live-USB-Stick and boot with that.
    Use the mentioned terminal commands, which creates 4 txt-files on the Linux Desktop.
    At least 2 of those will contain data which should point to the correct Audio codec.
    Please post those two files and we'll see what we can do...

Gruß
    Al6042

• @al6042

Okay! after get off the work, I'll check and post it!
    But to my knowledge, there isn't exist the kext of my mainboard.
    So I can't use audio. Isn't it? I tried VoodooHD.kext, but worthless.

@Fredde2209

Okay, that bios works fine. I installed OSX Sierra yesterday night. But I might it seems not stable.
    Is it possible to work with sierra, right? Anyway now my system not working well...
    and I don't know why. Even 'Hwsensor(Hwmonitor)' app can read only the degree of ssd.

• Plesse don't use voodoohda. Im working on a way better Method to enable sound, Plesse be patient and just execute the commands @al6042 posted in a Linux Live USB

You don't have the Sensors in bios, so you need to load them using the EFI partition. You can find those in the FakeSMC.kext / Contents/Plugins. Then just copy/paste them to EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common and restart your system. Then HWMonitor should work just fine.

• @Fredde2209

@al6042

I prepare for you guys!

I tried to make file card0/codec#0 to card4/codec#4 in Linux mint
    and gathered more information for you!

thank you so much!!!

And I drop those files into the folder, and attached screenshot . (file "111.png")
    It still not work.. T_T~

• What?? Why the heck does Asus not write that they build an ALC1150 in there?!!?!?! :thumbdown::evil: This is absolutely easy to achieve...just put those two kexts (AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext) to EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common and the DSDT.aml to EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load. After having restarted the system, your audio should work just fine

Dateien

• AppleALC.kext.zip

(21,64 kB, 63 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • Lilu.kext.zip

(70,22 kB, 67 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • DSDT.aml

(67,18 kB, 65 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • If you have installed any kind of AppleHDA Disabler or so, please delete them too!
    But it somehow looks like your kexts don't load using the EFI Partition, but I have no clue why :/