macOS Sierra and High Sierra - Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming i7-6850K

• Did you have to reinstall the NVIDIA drivers after installing High Sierra? It looks like you are using NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext now instead of using the AGDPfix, correct?

Does installing High Sierra attempt to overwrite the EFI partition, or can I simply run the installer?

Also, is the HackrNVMeFamily kext still needed? I heard High Sierra was supposed to have better native NVMe support.

Any tips for the update process?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von sirbrem ()

• Since the WebDrivers for Sierra are not supported under High Sierra, the definitely have to be updated.
    Yes, with the NvidiaGraphicsFixup you can get rid of the AGDPfix.
    As always, the OSX/macOS-Update does not change anything within the /EFI/CLOVER-directory, but be aware, that a couple of KextsToPatch-entries in your config.plist might have to changed, since the older Sierra-entries are not working anymore.

You can find a small collection of newer K2P-entries in the following post:
    Neue Clover "KextsToPatch"-Einträge für Sierra & High Sierra

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von al6042 ()

• Hello, i have the same Processor i7 6850k and running Sierra 10.12.6. I cant update to High Sierra because of my MSI X99 Board, but thats not the point.

My CPU Score is bit lower than yours. (Novabench CPU Score 1001, Cinebench only 1000 and Geekbench Multicore Points 14000.)

I overclocked my 6850k to 4,2 GHZ. It should be faster? What Kexts/Drivers can improve my CPU performance under OSX? Especially the Geekbench Multicore Score is way too low.

I use VoodooTSC with IOCPU to 11...

Thanks for help

EDIT: I got more performance with the Kernel Patch: replace 89D8C1E008B99901 with B800300000B99901. 12k more Multicore Performance :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cra1n ()

• I have High Sierra 10.13.3 running on my Gigabyte X99-Phoenix-SLI mobo with i7-6850k, Samsung 960 Pro and NVIDIA GTX 1080ti. You don't need the HackrNVMe driver or any of the .aml patches. Samsung NVMe drives are supported natively now.

Look up "The Perfect Customac Pro - macOS High Sierra 10.13 on X99" for instructions.

• @cra1n

May you need a "CPU-Power-Managment"-Profile for your CPU-Type.

There is a script from Piker Alpha (ssdtPRGen script). This Profile has information for the CPU-Power-Managment to increase the Multicore-Performance.

Without Profile my Xeon E5-1650v4 (6core with 3.6GHz) has only Macbook Pro 2017 4-Core-CPU Performance. The "CPU-Power-Managment"-Profile increases to max. 6-Core-CPU-Performance (ca. 1095 CPU-Cinebench Tests approximately Windows Performance)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floris ()

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt