Acer Swift 3

• Hallo, Liebe Gemeinde was haltet ihr von diesen Schicken Teil

Acer Swift 3 (SF314-51-59RF)

Intel i5 6200u
    8GB DDR 4 RAM (fest verlötet)
    Full HD Display 1920x1080 Matt 14"
    Intel HD 520
    256GB SSD ich hoffe die ist nicht festverlöttet
    und ich hoffe wifi Karte ist auch nicht verlötet.
    kein LAN anschluss.

Für 650€

ist doch ein genialer Hackbook oder nicht ?

• Der Fakt wird denk ich auch sein das der Akku da kaum lange halten wird. Wenn die Wifi Karte sich wechseln lassen tut dann kann man daraus sicher was machen.

• Akku wird mit 10 Std angegeben ..
    Hab das Gerät auch schon im Auge.
    Das müsste sich mal jemand besorgen und Testen

• Hi !

I have the SF314-51-53MF, which is pretty much the same laptop (http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/pr…94e09a0336191f6de8c92en02)

I am currently finalizing my Installation guide. But I can tell you that nearly everything works fine. The only things that doesn't work right now are :

- Wifi card, but the built-in bluetooth works. The wifi card is removable so I bought a used Dell DW1560 (BCM94352ZAE_3) and it is working fine.
    - HDMI-Audio not working for now, but I am pretty sure it will be working in a few days...
    - Mic not working but I haven't had time to test it.
    - SD card Reader
    - Fingerprint Reader

I am extremely satisfied with this laptop. It pretty much feels like a MacBook. When you have a good power management, you pretty much have 9-10h battery. I will test it later in a real life scenario.

The SSD is a M.2 connector and it uses SATA. Unfortunately, you can not plug in a NVMe SSD. I tried to be sure with a Samsung 950 Pro and it is not detected. Still, the SSD can write at 450 mb/s and read at 500mb/s).

• Hi @ioreknanou and welcome to the forum... :)

your laptop looks really cool...
    Since the HDMI Audio is connected to the HD520, which I guess is in your box, there is currently no known solution to get it working.
    Do you know the AudioCodec running in your machine?
    Which kext are you using for Audio?
    If AppleHDA, which Layout-ID did you inject?
    Is the internal or the external mic not working?
    We have a helpful thread for SD Card Reader issues, but it's currently only in german.
    And the Fingerprint print reader will not work, since Apple never used such a device...

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Thank you very much @al6042 !

Yes, it is the HD 520. I know there's no solution known for now, I was only optimistic :)
    The codec is ALC255. The kext was generated with Mirone's AppleHDAPatcher. Injected Layout-ID 3 in Clover. Earlier today, I was able to make the internal (well, the little hole on the left of the keyboard) mic work. I forgot to add a DSDT patch (the one in the readme file generated by AppleHDAPatcher). I can now have a FaceTime conversation and the other person can hear me (the webcam was working built-in). There is no distinct external Mic plug on this laptop but the plug for headphones do have an headphones with mic logo. I don't have an headphone with mic so I can't test it.

The SD Card Reader is labelled as a Realtek USB2.0-CRW (ven id:0bda, dev id:0129), I haven't find a solution somewhere. If you find one, it would be welcome :)

As for the fingerprint sensor, it is detected but, I know, it is rather useless.

• Do you know the layout-id which is currently used with the ALC255?
    You should think about using the AppleALC.kext...
    That would get rid of the necessity to patch the Original AppleHDA after those OSX Updates.
    You could leave the Original AppleHDA untouched and put the AppleALC into the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other (or one of the "Version"-folders).
    With your already mentioned DSDT, that should contain the "layout-id"-info in "Device (HDEF)" or "Device (HDAS)" (Skylake way...),
    or the alternative "FixHDA" and "Audio Inject" in Clover, it should work with manual patching.
    Try the ids which you can find the Resources-Link.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• I have to admit that I am not really an expert on AppleHDA and I’m not sure that I understand what you mean. If you mean what Audio ID I get when I go in System Information, then my ID was 3. I say “was” because, following your excellent idea to use AppleALC, I ultimately changed the layout for a better one.

So, I removed my patched AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E and put back the vanilla AppleHDA.kext. I remove the audio injection in clover and put AppleALC in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other. I rebooted and was still getting audio layout 3. Sound was working great but I lost my mic. I was also getting random audio distortion in the headphones.

I looked in AppleALC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PinConfigs.kext/Contents/Info.plist and saw that ALC255 had option for layout 3, 13, 17 and 28. I tried to put inject layout 13 to test but was still getting layout 3 so I decided to revert my DSDT change so that it does not force a layout. I saved that DSDT.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. Rebooted the laptop and the layout 13 was detected in System Information. Everything seemed to work including the mic. I tested layout 17 and it was also perfectly working. I tried to inject layout 3 and mic was not working. So, I decided to stay with layout 13.

To clarify things : to get my audio working, I replaced the reference from HDAS to HDEF in my DSDT, did nothing to S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext, put AppleALC in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other and use Audio layout 13 in clover.

By the way, as I was reading the changelog of AppleALC, something caught my attention. Version 1.0.18 had the following note :
    “Added Laptop Intel Skylake HD515/520/530 HDMI audio support (ig-platform-id 0x191E0000, 0x19160000”. I tried to get more information regarding that but couldn’t find any. So I did a little digging…

I downloaded the source files ( https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC ). I saw a reference to HD 520 in the file /AppleALC-master/Resources/Controllers.plist :

I tweaked this a little and made the following Kext Patch that I included in my config.plist :

Rebooted and voilà ! HDMI Audio working on Intel HD 520 :) (on my laptop anyway, I do hope it works for others) ! There is now a known solution I presume. Unless Google sucks lately, I didn't find this patch anywhere else.

I also apologize for not writing in German but I don't trust G Translate enough :)

• USB Dongle würde ich jetzt als erstes sagen. Schau mal im HARDWARECENTER nach

• EDIMAX WLAN Stick USB 2.0 450 MBit/s EW-7711MAC MacBook Edition

diesen hab ich bestellt und das Notebook ist morgen da ich freu mich schon auf ein neues Abenteuer ^^

welche System Definition würde denn am besten passen ?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ich28 ()

• Guten Tag !

For those interested, I've finished my guide for the Acer Swift 3. You can read it here (since I can't post a link to my guide, look for it in Fat Tony's forum)
    @ich28

Zitat

EDIMAX WLAN Stick USB 2.0 450 MBit/s EW-7711MAC MacBook Edition

diesen hab ich bestellt und das Notebook ist morgen da ich freu mich schon auf ein neues Abenteuer

welche System Difinition würde denn am besten passen ?

Be careful with the EW-7711MAC. From what I can see, there are no drivers for 10.12 yet. I used MacBook9,1 definition.

• Ja aber die Mac Edition hat bessere Übertragungsraten oder nicht ?

denn den du hasst hab ich hier auch liegen.

Funktioniert Wunderbar bin begeistert.
    nur kann ich keine Helligkeit einstellen.