Ozmosis-Package for MacOS Sierra

• Ozmosis-Package for MacOS Sierra - A guide for everybody

So here is everything that an Ozmosis-User needs to get MacOS 10.12 Sierra working on his or her Hackintosh.

This guide is only for people who already use Ozmosis in version 167xMass. You'll need an USB thumb drive in FAT format.
    Also you'll need the attached package where you will find all necessary files for the process.

Preparation:
    Important is that not every Apple-Computer systemdefinition is qualified. You need to make sure that your SMBios works with a product name recent enough.

Let's go:

First of all you need to mount the EFI-Partition of your Hackintosh. You can do that with the EFI-Mounter, the Yosemite Disk Utility or the Clover Configurator for example.

After mounting the EFI you should see the EFI with its subfolders Apple, Boot and Oz.

In the Oz folder you should see the subfolders ACPI and Darwin.

Under Darwin/Extentions/Common you'll find all necessary kexts that couldn't fit into your Ozmosis Bios or which are only able to work from this place.

In the folder ACPI folder you should find the subfolders Dump and Load. Sometimes there's a DSDT and/or SSDT stored under Load.

You will want to check that all the files that you can find there run with their newest version available. For example the Shiki-Kext needs to be version 1.5.0 or above while AppleALC under /System/Library/Extensions needs to be version 1.0.15 or above. Maybe your defaults.plist under /Volumes/EFI/Efi/Oz needs to be updated by you if it's ID isn't recent enough like mentioned above.

Now we need an USB thumb drive which we now plug into an USB 2.0 port. After entering the BIOS you need to find the BIOS-Backup function. With a Gigabyte motherboard you just need to press F8 to enter Q-Flash. There you need to click "Save Bios to thumb drive". You will want to save your bios with this function. Name it „AltesBIOS.rom“. All your settings within the Bios will be saved to the file!

Where the magic happens:

Now we boot back into OS X. Copy the file on your thumb drive named „AltesBIOS.rom“ to your desktop, then open the "macOS Sierra-Starter-Paket für Ozmosis". You need to find the "OZMTool.zip" and the "Spezial-Oz-Ordner.zip". Unpack them and put them on your desktop, too.

Now open the utility "Terminal". A window will open and you need to type:

Code
    1. cd Desktop

after that the magic happens. You just need to type in:

Code
    1. ./ozmtool --ozmcreate -f Spezial-Oz-Ordner -i AltesBIOS.Rom -o NewBIOS_167x_beta.ROM --compressdxe

Now press the enter-key.
    You will see some comments and after only a few seconds your new BIOS will be saved to your desktop! Its name will be "NewBIOS_167x_beta.ROM"

Put this new file on the old USB thumb drive. Keep the saved BIOS from earlier on the drive.

Now enter your BIOS and find the flash-option. With a Gigabyte Board you'll need to press the F8 key and choose "Update BIOS from drive". Choose the NewBIOS_167x_beta.ROM in the appearing window and click "OK". Then flash the new BIOS.

Congrats! Your OZ BIOS is now ready for MacOS Sierra!!!

If you run into any problems flashing the new BIOS, try to flash back to your old BIOS which is still stored on your thumb drive.

By the way: To create a MacOS Sierra Install-Drive, type this into Terminal:

Code
    1. sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Bootstick --applicationpath / Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Good luck! Credits @MacGrummel

Dateien

Du kommst bei deinem Problem nach dem unendlichsten Versuch nicht weiter? Dann schreib mir eine Nachricht für eine TeamViewer Sitzung. Nur wenn es gar nicht mehr weiter geht!
    Alle anderen Fragen und Anliegen gehören ins Forum.

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von kuckkuck ()

• Tested and validated :thumbup:

• Im glad that it worked!

Du kommst bei deinem Problem nach dem unendlichsten Versuch nicht weiter? Dann schreib mir eine Nachricht für eine TeamViewer Sitzung. Nur wenn es gar nicht mehr weiter geht!

• Vielen Dank für den Guide! Bin kurz davor ihn auszuprobieren :)

Kurze Verständnis-Frage: Wenn ich mein Bios nach dieser Anleitung upgedated habe, kann ich einfach das Update über den AppStore installieren? Oder muss ich vorher einen Install-Stick, z.B. Diskmaker?

• Meinst du jetzt ein Upgrade oder ein Update?
    Das Update oder Combo Update kannst du so von Apple laden und einfach drüber bügeln.

Edit: An das Backup denken ...

• Das hier ist übrigens nur eine übersetzte Variante von einem Guide von MacGrummel. Also wenn du das ganze auf deutsch brauchst dann schau mal bei ihm vorbei ;)
    Wenn du bereits OS X mit Ozmosis installiert hast, kannst du dein BIOS mit den Guide selbständig updaten und dann ganz normal über den AppStore updaten... Alternativ kannst du auch einfach die neuste Version für dein Mainboard aus dem Downloadcenter nehmen und flashen :thumbup:

• Jo, Update meine ich ;) Back-Up mache ich automatisch mit Time-Machine. Ich werde das am Wochenende ausprobieren und dann hier über Erfolg/Misserfolg berichten.

• I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this (it almost definitely is), but I do have a problem related to the guide; when I flashed my BIOS using one of the provided files from here, Ozmosis seems to have installed into the EFI partition of my secondary drive, not the one I use to boot MacOS. This obviously doesn't leave me with an unbootable machine, but it means that for instance I can't install audio drivers. Is there a way to manually change what EFI partition Ozmosis uses?

• Yes there is just swap the drives SATA cables and you're done.

OZ will always grab the first available drive with an useable EFI Partition to drop it´s files on. If there is more than one drive present which fulfill this requirements OZ will pick the first one in the chain, if not it´ll pick the only one in the chain which is suitable to put it´s files on. So make sure your OS-X drive is connected to the first physically available SATA Port and everything should be fine.

• Yes there is just swap the drives SATA cables and you're done.

OZ will always grab the first available drive with an useable EFI Partition to drop it´s files on. If there is more than one drive present which fulfill this requirements OZ will pick the first one in the chain, if not it´ll pick the only one in the chain which is suitable to put it´s files on. So make sure your OS-X drive is connected to the first physically available SATA Port and everything should be fine.

That uh... will be a problem. My boot drive is m.2 and my secondary is a SATA hard drive. Is it possible to delete Ozmosis-related stuff from the hard drive EFI and just unplug it? Ozmosis should generate files on the m.2 SSD then, correct?

Edit: Except then when I plug the drive in it would just use the hard drive again, wouldn't it...

Edit2: The hard drive is only a data drive that I had initially formatted with OS X before reformatting it in Windows; I'm assuming that's why it has an EFI partition. Is it safe to just remove that partition with Disk Utility or will that mess up my drive?

(Probably last) Edit3: I did some digging, it looks like I can't remove the EFI partition without deleting the entire drive, which is a problem because there's important stuff on it that I'd like to keep. I COULD move the SATA cable down one, but I'm nervous that macOS might pull something like this, unless OZ checks for the partition while in BIOS and not during boot of macOS, in which that wouldn't be an issue and that's my solution

• You can try to delete everything Ozm related on the Win Partition and copy it to the OS X EFI. Afterwards diconnect the Win Drive, go into your BIOS and press Win+Alt+P+R to perform a NVRAM reset which will search for files in Ozm folders in the EFI. Then you can reconnect your Win drive :thumbup:

• I don't think so since that is pretty undocumented. The only person I could think oft that could maybe have an idea would be @Download-Fritz. Let's see :thumbup:

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt