X99 - 6850K - El Capitan / Sierra | Absturz bei hoher Last (SOLVED!)

• Das Board kam nun nach über 3 Wochen zurück mit der Diagnose "Alles in Ordnung".

Nachdem ich auch Netzteil und Grafikkarte getauscht hatte keine Änderung.
    RAM Riegel einzeln getestet, Memtest -- alles in Ordnung.

Bleibt nur noch die CPU :(

Wen's interessiert, hier ist das Problem auf Video gebannt: Link

Ich werde dann mal 3 Wochen auf ne neue CPU warten.

Builds :

• Ich glaube wenn es an der CPU hängen würde dann würde das System Sicherheits technisch komplett abschalten.. welche bios Version hast du verbaut ?

• Asus hat das Bios auf die neuste Version geflash bevor es zurückkam..

Intel tauscht jetzt erstmal die CPU. also noch mal 5 Werktage abwarten.

Builds :

• Wenn die CPU zurück ist und das Problem nicht weg ist Flash das bios zurück !

Hate Probleme mit den Asus Board so wie MeO auch nach dem Rück Flash ginge es wieder

• @Robin0815 Ich habe zwar nicht genau Deine Config aber auch ein Asus X99-A II (ohne Deluxe) im Einsatz. Habe auch nicht den neuen 10-Kerner sonder 'ne 5820K verbaut.

Was mir in Deinem Video aufgefallen ist - die Basis CPU Core Voltage ist mit 1,127 im BIOS schon sehr hoch gesetzt. Bei mir sind das gerade mal 0,893.
    Das führt bei Idle Belastung in Windows zu einem Wert von ca. 0,7 Volt (incl. HyperTh Intel-VT Speedstep).
    Wenn Last anliegt darf sich die CPU maximal 1,29 Volt genehmigen - das reicht dann für einen Turbo Takt von 4,5 Ghz (auch in den macOS Benchmarks stabil).
    Die CPU Temp erreicht so max 70 Grad.

Ich weiss das läst sich für Deine CPU nicht 1:1 übertragen - aber für weitere Tests würde ich Dir empfehlen das System erst mal unter Windows zu stabilisieren (CPUz, Asus Benchmark etc.).
    Die neue BIOS Version 1504 bringt übrigens auch mehr Stabilität mit !
    Welches Netzteil hast Du verbaut ?

• @DaTec , @Brumbaer , @zebulon , @onlyWork, @MeO-Style , @griven

Intel hat die CPU sehr fix ausgetauscht (mit Express innerhalb von 4 Tagen) - kam vor 1h an.

Ich habe dann auch sofort die CPU verbaut und OH WUNDER , Sie läuft unter Windows nun auch einwandfrei mit Hyperthreading.

Ich danke euch allen für die Hinweise/Tipps/Versuche usw. - am Ende war es nun die CPU.

Für mich eine wirklich neue Erfahrung, denn ich war bislang der Überzeugung eine CPU wäre nicht so fehleranfällig. Und eure Diagnosen waren auch nicht fern ab von der Ursache.

Das wird am Ende auch meine Schwierigkeiten mit OSX klären.

Ich bin grad mit Uni noch etwas überhäuft, daher komme ich erst nächste Woche wieder zum Rechner.
    Das Problem ist nun aber gebannt und ich kann wieder beruhigt schlafen :D

Builds :

• Schön zu hören ! Das dein Fehler gefunden wurde. Dann hast du wohl eine Montags CPU erhalten !

• Ich danke euch allen für die Hinweise/Tipps/Versuche usw. - am Ende war es nun die CPU.

Hätte ich im Leben nicht gedacht, aber der Austausch ist bei dem Anschaffungspreis ( > 500€ ) das mindeste, eigentlich müsste man seinen Verdienstausfall auch noch ´gelb´markern.

• Hi @Robin0815,

My German is awful, but it sounds like you are working on a build very similar to mine. How is it coming along? Did you get everything working?

My setup is the following:

GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI mobo
    i7-6850K
    64 GB DDR4-2400
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti

Please forgive the noob questions. I'm new to the Hackintosh world. Your (and @sygey) configuration is the closest I've seen to my own. How are you finding all these kernel and kext patches? Also, how are these patches created? They seem like they are finding and replacing random numbers, but obviously they're coming from somewhere.

I'm trying to install macOS 10.12.4 Sierra and it stops after several lines that say:

"localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] <Error>: assertion failed: 16E195: launchd + xxxxx [...] 0x9"

In addition to several other launchd errors and then ten or so sound assertion in AppleHDADriver errors, it finally gives up saying "Service exited with abnormal code".

• Hey @sirbrem

Zitat

How are you finding all these kernel and kext patches?
    Also, how are these patches created?

After a lot of google-fu in my case, but after months/years all those parts get added to an overall guide at some point..
    Originally the X99 Patch came from brumbaer here on the hackintosh forum and he published it in several places.
    I don't know exactly how he came up with it, but there's a little math involved and a lot of knowledge about how memory allocation and cpus work.

All the others are basically brought up by piker-alpha in my case.. He is very active in the hackintosh scene and has his own blog where he publishes stuff like this. Now that still is just a blob of information and does not give you the actual logic how we need to implement all this.

Honestly: Most of the time it's trial & error, because the hardware either accepts or refuses.
    The Patches are made because the CPU is not supported by OSX and if you read Pike R. Alphas entry about the very technical aspect of this, you can see why they are made and how it's calculated. This requires a certain level of technical understanding for computers as well as a programming knowledge.

I can't really give you a description how these people come up with it. If I understand it correctly there are a lot of header files in the macOS source code that show how the memory is allocated and how you can patch it, so that it jumps to another address.
    (Basic C-Programming, where everything is possible :D)

In your case I would definitely ask @DaTec - he worked with a lot of X99 Boards, including yours.

But from his post I read that the Gigabyte X99 Boards are not easy to configure.. Maybe he has an EFI config that works.

Builds :

• Thanks!

I actually got it working last night!

My method was to use the latest version of Clover to perform the install of Clover EFI. Once it was installed, I copied any missing drivers from @sygey 's install. I then downloaded the latest FaceSMC, VoodooTSCSync (6 core) and ethernet kexts, and any missing ones I grabbed from sygey. I also had to use a combination of the two config.plist files from here.

There were a few hiccups along the way and there are still some bugs to work out, but for the most part macOS Sierra 10.12.4 is up and running.

I can post a more detailed install process if anyone is interested in this hardware setup.

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt