DSDT fix Z87MX-D3H (OZ167X)

• Hello everyone!
    Could someone help me to apply a fix for this motherboard? I mean USB_WAK fix, because if I left plugged in a USB drive, when system goes to sleep it instantly wakes up.
    I practically need to extract DSDT, modify and reinject into the BIOS.
    There's also a problem with sound that it doesen't load at boat or afer long system sleep and I have to restart. On this it's needed to modify DSDT or Install CodecCommander.kext and modify it's plist file?
    Frontal USB 3.0 fix possible via DSDT for this motherboard? I have Corsaris 200R. It's working only one port at 3.0, secondary detects nothing. Motherboard ports working just fine.

Thank you!
    https://cl.ly/033A2R0l1h2j DSDT

* GA-Z87MX-D3H F7 OpenCore 0.5.7 * * i5-4570 HD 4600 | I217-V | ALC892 |
    I don't speak German, but G-Translator helps me. :D

• Try the attached one and give a feedback please. I see that you use Ozmosis so I left layout-id of the ALC892 in the dsdt. Otherwise, with Clover bootloader, I would suggest to remove it so it works perfect with toleda patch. But in your case not necessary.
    Also HDMI over HD4600 should work.

Edit: removed my DSDT because of the fu**ing El Capitan I just forgot to edit XHC (I'm still on Mavericks) and the rest. So please use the DSDT from al6042 which you can find next posting

iMac@Home: Asrock Z87E-ITX, i7-4770s, 16GB Ram, Intel HD4600, 1x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD, 1x Seagate Daten-HDD (2,5"), USB-Soundkarte, Catalina (latest) mit Clover@iMac14,3

iMac@Office: GA Z87MX-D3H, i7-4770s, 16GB Ram, Geforce GTX650 1GB, 1x 256GB Samsung 830, 1x2TB Seagate 7200.14 Datenplatte, 1x2TB Samsung HD204UI TimeMachineplatte, DVD-RW Liteon iHAS 124, BluRay Pionerr BDR-207D (nur über USB), Creative SB Play, Catalina (latest) mit Clover@iMac14,3

• Good Morning nikoZ

Please try the attached DSDT, which only uses the standard Patches for your Z87MX-D3H, which contain a couple of WAK-Fixes for XHC and EHC1 and EHC2.

On the other hand make sure that all the Wake-On-Whatever features in your BIOS are disabled.

Dateien

• DSDT.aml

(55,02 kB, 204 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• So, sorry again. Here is my new one with patches for EC and the rest of the necessary stuff. But keep in mind that EC is using only 15 usb ports and this board has 21 (I guess). For my testing with EC I've removed the internal boards so that I've no problems with 10.11 and USB.
    I don't know how it is with Ozmosis if there is a usb-port fix integrated (to use more than 15)

Dateien

• DSDT.aml.zip

(18,03 kB, 88 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

iMac@Home: Asrock Z87E-ITX, i7-4770s, 16GB Ram, Intel HD4600, 1x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD, 1x Seagate Daten-HDD (2,5"), USB-Soundkarte, Catalina (latest) mit Clover@iMac14,3

iMac@Office: GA Z87MX-D3H, i7-4770s, 16GB Ram, Geforce GTX650 1GB, 1x 256GB Samsung 830, 1x2TB Seagate 7200.14 Datenplatte, 1x2TB Samsung HD204UI TimeMachineplatte, DVD-RW Liteon iHAS 124, BluRay Pionerr BDR-207D (nur über USB), Creative SB Play, Catalina (latest) mit Clover@iMac14,3

• Thanks guys, do I have to use this with USBInjectAll.kext? Or this applies only with SSDT edit?
    It may be possible that system wakes up when Pendrives are plugged in, but i Can't leave WOL off because I need that.

LE: Got It, I have to renounce at one USB port from case, all workin good with stock modifications from forum Database BIOS.
    I also solved sound problem by proper edit CodecCommander.kext.

Thank you everyone for help and support.

LATER EDIT:

@Huberer Even if I disable WOL with USB plugged the system wakes up. After a period of time if I replug USB it corrupts it's partition. Audio sleep patch looks good.
    @al6042 Using your DSDT system restarts suddenly, I loose sound (I use toleda ozmosis patch script) System refuse to enter in sleep mode but plugged USB remains connected without displaying "Remove USB Safely!".

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nikoZ ()

• In that case delete the file and we try again in the evening.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• @nicoZ

The problem is that I can't test because I use clover and for me WOL works great (enabled in UEFI).
    So there are some questions we should know:
    - which system definition do you use for your system?
    - which kext are you using for your lan?
    - do you use the internal usb ports?

The latter one I'm asking is that during my test with EC I've removed all the unnecessary usb ports to reach the 15 ports limit of EC. That means all HSxx and SSXX which belong to the internal connectors were deleted from DSDT so that you don't need any special kexts (to be Vanilla). As a side effect the interal ports don't work anymore. If you need more connections like the ones on the back you need a usb-hub (like an original one which even doesn't have more usb-ports).

If you really need WOL than I would suggest to go the Clover-route and you're on a safe side. Don't be affraid I can help you with a clover config.plist and also the rest which is needed.

• I use iMac 14,2 SMBIOS.
    I personally can live without Pendrives plugged in when system goes to sleep.
    I rarely use one of two frontal usb port from my case and those in the back of the motherboard.
    I have latest EFI modules into the bios updated using UBU Tool.
    I use IntelMausiEthernet.kext
    WOL works perfectly with Ozmosis and I will leave as it is, because i really need it.

Two things are the most important for me:
    -USB Ports, which works native one in the front case and the rest on the motherboard's back
    -System sound after wake from sleep (If it possible fixed by DSDT)
    I removed CodecCommander.kext and looks like the system sound works well after sleep but soometimes sound is popping and dissapears. Theoretically it can be fixed with AntiPop.app or by changing system definition with MacPro but it's annoying because I want to use iMac SMBIOS for powermanagement purposes.

• Ok, good to read that wol is working. The ethernet-kext is the best you can use. Also smbios is great.
    Do you know to which internal connector your front-usb is connected?
    About sound I guess you can go the multibeast route. When I was using Ozmosis with my Z77MX-D3H, also ALC892, I was using MB 6.0.1 (but it was for Mavericks). Now I'm using toleda patch for my Z87MX-D3H for clover. For Ozmosis with EC I really don't know which way to go for. Maybe al6042 has an idea for that.
    When I've tested EC with my Z87MX I had no problems with pen drive plugged in. Maybe due to the modded DSDT.
    When I'm back home in the afternoon I will check again

• The front USB ports are connected to the single USB 3.0 header available on the motherboard.
    Even if it can't be solved the problem with EC or Wake from sleep with the USB plugged in I can live with it.
    Simple, I don't leave USB plugged and I use single working frontal USB port available.
    For sound I use toleda Ozmosis script which applies also to Chimera / Chameleon, it's practically a AppleHDA.kext patch.

• Ok, so try the attached DSDT but before remove all your usb-patches-kext which you use for EC and test if the front usb is working and if yes if your hacki stays asleep when thumb drive is plugged in.

Edit: Stooopppp. You wrote, that your hackintosh immidiatly starts after shutdown or hibernate when a thumb drive is plugged in? Is your hackintosh off when you shut him down via OSX and no thumb drive is plugged? I had the problem that my hackintosh automatically starts after shutdown. I've tested several things in UEFI/DSDT or removed external attached things but nothing worked. Finally I've tried the option "FixShutdown" under Clover configurator within "ACPI" => "Fixes". This resulted to the entry

Code
    1. <key>Fixes</key>
    2. <dict>
    3. <key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
    4. <true/>
    5. </dict>

in config.plist under "ACPI/DSDT". At this moment my hackintosh was off and also wol worked. How to get this command into Ozmosis, I've no idea. Maybe you can ask one of the Ozmosis experts for a help.

Dateien

• DSDT.aml.zip

(17,83 kB, 81 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Huberer ()

• Within Maciasl is a patch for Gigabyte Boards maintained by Pjalm.
    Maybe that helps

Gruß
    Al6042

• Do you mean that for Z87MX? It's already in the DSDT but doesn't work. He has even one to fix shutdown but also a no-go

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Thanks guys, I guess I have to give up. Yeah Huberer you're right. Even If I shutdown, with USB plugged in system starts up.
    Thanks anyway to all of you for all support and patience.

EDIT: @Huberer I really give up. I tried your dsdt, still only one frontal USB 3.0 usable at 3.0 speed, system wakes from sleep with USB plugged in.
    Even if I leave system sleeping after long time at wake it reboots.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nikoZ ()

• Thanks for the feedback. I know why the 2nd USB-port isn't working. I've removed HS02 (USB2.0) and SSP2 (USB3.0) from DSDT which belong to the internal USB3.0-connector. This connector needs HS01, HS02 (both USB2.0) and SSP1/SSP2 (for USB3.0) from the DSDT. So I've to do it again.
    The main problem you have is the fu**ing shutdown problem. When you can fix it, like I did with Clover, than every problem is solved (beside this with the usb3.0) and your machine runs better than an original iMac ;)
    Maybe someone of the Ozmosis Gurus know how to add this above mentioned ShutdownFix which you can use easily with Clover.

Edit: I'v attached a modded DSDT (still with the missing USB3.0 port) to test if shutdown is working (is a patch from rehabman). Please test if its working

Dateien

• DSDT.aml.zip

(17,84 kB, 79 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Huberer ()

• It still remains that problem with sound pop and dissapearance after some time 2-3 times sleeping, but if I rennounce using sleep all problems are solved. 1 frontal port is enough and powering up the system isn't a problem of time because I have an SSD.
    Huberer: How did you solved the problem with sound popping / dissapearance after wake from sleep, or you didn't used sleep? I asked you because I saw that you use the same motherboard.

EDIT: Oppps, I saw that you told you're using Clover already, problems solved.

• For sound just buy a cheap and good usb soundcard and you will be happy.
    For shutdown just see my post above yours.

Edit: another DSDT with a possible shutdown fix. Please try and give feedback (still with the missing usb3.0 port - this can be solved easily)

Dateien

• DSDT.aml.zip

(17,83 kB, 93 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

• Sleep with USB plugged: It wakes up.
    Shutdown with USB plugged: Finally It remains shutdown. :D
    Both DSDTs, same behavior.
    Thank you very much for your patience and guidance.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nikoZ ()

• Thanks for the feedback but I also want to know which DSDT of the two I posted yesterday evening fixed the shutdown issue?
    Another question: Did you enable wake from USB-keyboard or usb-mouse in Bios?

• It fixed only the shutdown problem, not the wake from sleep problem (both with usb plugged in).
    In bios I enable only WOL without Keyboard or mouse, even if I disable WOL system reacts the same.