Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 ozm167x

• Hi,
    I have a working yosemite 10.10.5 installation (more details in bottom of the post), but would like to go for Ozmosis for a more vanilla approach.
    I've compiled many rom-s and have asked other users in several forums to compile for me, but none of them get a fully working boot with ozmosis.
    The issue seems to lie in loading the Nvidia Web Drivers as when I boot using my clover boot arguments the computer loads up with no signal going to any of my monitors. Booting without web drivers active results in poor picture quality and only one monitor displaying picture.
    Both these successful boot scenarios result in 4gb (1 ram module) active although with clover everything works. Geekbench results were all good.
    Maybe anyone of you here has any clue how I can get Ozmosis fully working? : danke2: Mobo: Gigabyte x79 UP4 (rev1.0 BIOS version F8g modded with samsung_m2_dxe to boot m.2 drives) / cpu: i7 3820 / gpu: nvidia gigabyte mini ITX 970 4GB / RAM: 32GB (8 * 4GB) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX Fury / HDD: 2 * 2TB Caviar Black + 4TB Caviar Black for storage / SSD: 256GB Samsung 840pro (windows10) + Crucial M100 256GB (OSX) + Samsung SM951 via PCIe adapter (osx backup) / Yosemite 10.10.5 via clover v2 r3330 Mac Pro 5.1 SMBios / boot flags: kext-dev-mode = 1 NPCI = 0x2000 NVDA DRV = 1 / latest nvidia webdrivers / SSDTs & config.plist from Rampagedev X79.dmg // modded Powermac G5 chassis + 3 * P2415Q via DP & 1 Generic monitor via HDMI + Apple numeric keyboard + RME RayDAT PCIe soundcard

• I tried to mod the F7 BIOS as best as I could.
    There is one without and one with an DSDT.

Hope it works...

Dateien

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Hi, thank you for your rom builds. Unfortunately they both resulted in kp showing RTC only single RAM bank (128kb) from what I think the problem seems to be that Ozmosis doesn't load memory correctly in x79 chipset. I've just come across something similar in other forum where a user was only able to boot with half of the memory banks on an Asus Sabertooth x79 with i7-4930k cpu.

here is a link where I've uploaded my working Clover config.plist, kexts, self-compiled F8g (which I received directly from Gigabyte support) based rom, SSDT-s and samsung_m2_dxe oprom module to enable m.2 booting. http://1drv.ms/1OgPc9r

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt