Windows 8.1 doesn't show up in Ozmosis GUI or in BIOS

• Hi guys,

When the English section was deleted, I was just about to solve this issue, it has been said it is because my NVRAM is locked (I checked and indeed), and it was recommended to change something in the Default.plist file. Well, first of all, is that really the problem, and if yes, how to do it exactly?

Cheers!

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H [Ozmosis 167X] - i5 3570k - HD3000 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD [OS X 10.11.2] / 1TB Seagate HDD [symlinked user folders] / 1TB Seagate HDD [Windows 8.1] / 1TB WD Green HDD [Time Machine]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von neoyoli ()

• Hi there,

if your Ozmosis doesn't show all the available boot partitions or harddrives, use the following command

Code
    1. sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableBootEntriesFilter=%01

either in the OS X Terminal or in the Ozmosis Boot Shell.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• I tried it, and still only Mac OS X shows up in Ozmosis GUI...
    Actually in BIOS, only the hard drive shows up that contains Windows, but not the name of the partition, like with Mac OS X.

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H [Ozmosis 167X] - i5 3570k - HD3000 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD [OS X 10.11.2] / 1TB Seagate HDD [symlinked user folders] / 1TB Seagate HDD [Windows 8.1] / 1TB WD Green HDD [Time Machine]

• Oh...

that is something completely different.

Your OS X is installed on a GUID partition which name will be shown in Ozmosis or the UEFI-based BIOS, while your Windows installation sits on a MBR Partition.
    MBR will not be shown in BIOS by there partition names, but with the name of the harddrive itself...

So, if you know the name of the harddrive which contains your windows install, pick that and you're done

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Okay, so that's for the BIOS if I'm right, but why does nothing show up in Ozmosis GUI (only Mac OS X)? Before I used Ozmosis, Chimera displayed the Windows partition too.

• Sorry for the delay, I had to check some of the thread to see if they had the same issue...

In on of those Threads they mentioned to use the Terminal command I already posted before and than use the following command too:

Code
    1. sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:AcpiLoaderMode=0x53

Gruß
    Al6042

• Thanks for the effort, I used both commands and rebooted, but still no-show...

• As I said before the terminal commands won´t work for you since your NVRAM is not writable. The only way to apply this settings is by defaults.plist. Just place the attached file into /EFI/OZ on the EFI Partition of your OSX drive.

Dateien

• I put the file into /EFI/OZ on the EFI Partition, and the Windows disk still doesn't show up in Ozmosis GUI, in fact now it boots OS X automatically (after the OS X drive icon shows up).

Update: and I just noticed, Ozmosis GUI always comes up at boot, even without pressing alt/option.

• It is set up to display allways you can change this by editing the provided file an set UserInterFace to false.

Code
    1. <key>UserInterface</key>
    2. <true/>

has to be set to false to disable the UI

Code
    1. <key>UserInterface</key>
    2. <false/>

Anyway since your windows Installation is still not shown it might be a good idea to reinstall windows in UEFI (GPT) mode.

• I set it to false, saved and rebooted but nothing changed... It must be, that I installed Windows when I was using Chimera, before mighty Ozmosis:D Anyway, I'm gonna reinstall Windows at some point (not using it anyway :keinwindows: lol), maybe when 10 comes out.
    So I just delete the Default.plist file and everything goes back to normal, right?

• right ;)

• Thanks for the guidance! :thumbup:

Update: Sorry to come back to this, but I deleted the Defaults.plist file, yet Ozmosis GUI still shows up at boot, then OS X boots automatically, just like before I deleted it. I even set UserInterFace back to true before deleting. What could be the problem?

• You have to do an NVRAM Reset to clean the current settings:

Reset NVRAM via the following key combo: "Option+Command+P+R" either from F12 menu, Ozmosis GUI, Shell or BIOS Setup.

Gruß
    Al6042

• It worked, thanks man!

• You're welcome... ;)

Gruß
    Al6042

• griven

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt