Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-12 von insgesamt 12.

• Hi I recently built my 1st ryzentosh.my rig:AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT (CPU)Asus TUF gaming X570 Plus (MB)2x 16GB G.skill TridentZ 3600MHz (DDR4 RAM)MSI Radeon rx5500XT mech 4g oc (GPU with 4GB gDDR6)Seagate Firecuda 1TB M.2 NVME SSDI also used Opencore (0.6.1) for the 1st time and followed the install guides on Dortania to install Catalina (10.15.6).Now I couldn't install with my MSI Rx 5500XT. Apparently this is a known bug for MSI 5000 series cards that is mentioned in the install guide (Dortania) so…
  • (Zitat von Aluveitie)OK, so I went back to my "original" config.plist (the one that works well with my Rx590) and started again to edit it in order to use the Rx5500XT.This time I did everything I could in ProperTree (adding the boot-arg, adding the patch into Kernel->Patch) and then I used OpenCore Configurator to add the part in DeviceProperties (including the ATY,Rom# injection). Again, I did all that while the Rx590 was in the PC and The values OpenCore Configurator added for PciRoot..., AAP…
  • (Zitat von Aluveitie)Thanks I removed ATY,Rom# and indeed nothing changed.Not better, not worseIn the beginning, I also thought that I shouldn't add anything in DeviceProperties (only the boot-arg and the kernel->patch, as described in the installer guide on Dortania). However this didn't work either. Maybe now I should revert and see how different it was compared to where I am now...(Zitat von apfelnico)Thanks Should I replace "internal@0,3,1/0,0" with "slot-1" or rather "slot-1@(something)"?
  • I must have done something wrong Now ProperTree won't open my config.plist
  • (Zitat von Aluveitie)How do I "navigate" to that line?
  • That was actually the last line of the file (1875 is: </plist>). This line is empty.I tried to erase it but it doesn't work really.It always comes back
  • OK... I couldn't find it. So...I went back to my "original" config.plist (the one that works well with my Rx590) and started all over again to edit it in order to use the Rx5500XT.Again I did everything I could in ProperTree (adding the boot-arg, adding the patch into Kernel->Patch) and then I used OpenCore Configurator to add the part in DeviceProperties. This time I did all that while the Rx5500XT was in the PC and the values OpenCore Configurator added for PciRoot..., AAPL,slot-name may be id…
  • (Zitat von Aluveitie)I agree.I used it because of this post. As a last resort since I don't know how to obtain those values for PciRoot..., AAPL,slot-number etc.but since these do not seem to be correct (at least for AAPL,slot-name), maybe I should get them otherwise and do the changes in ProperTree (again starting from my original config.plist.On the same thread, someone said to boot into recovery and use gfxutil to obtain the value for PciRoot... I don't know how to do that, though. Maybe you …
  • (Zitat von asheenlevrai)I Just did that... Basically the result is the same (black screen after progress bar on Apple logo. Connect to PC via VNC) however, in system Report, things are different. Worse? Better? apfelnicoThanks.Same value for PciRoot...
  • (Zitat von apfelnico)Thanks a lot!I didn't see #16I tried your config.plist but it didn't change the outcome. Still stuck at the same level After removing agdpmod=pikera from boot-args-> same thing. The only improvement is that now the PC can shutdown/reboot normally (I don't need to press the power/reset button anymore). I'm not sure I should consider this an improvement (since there might be other ways to fix that), but at least it's that.Thanks again, though...EDIT!:I tried the followingAnd n…
  • With this MacPro7,1 value that now allows the PC to boot relatively OK, I tried changing back from agdpmod=ignore to agdpmod=pikera and it doesn't seem to change anything Aluveitie"You'd need to re-generate the SystemSerialNumber, that one depends on the chosen SMBIOS. The SerialNumber you can leave the same."I'd need to learn how to do that (Apfelnico helped me out here ). Aluveitie"MacOS has some expectations regarding RAM on MacPro7,1 that are not met and it warns the user that something is n…
  • I feel like I wanna hurt myself now (I won't)Actually It wasn't about SMBIOS setting or whatever.When I switched from iMacPro1,1 to MacPro7,1 I also switched what DP I used on my graphics card.My MSI Rx500XT has 4 ports: 1 HDMI and 3 DP.Except for 1 DP (the one furthest from the HDMI port) all other ports don't cause black screens.I was literally using the only DP that is problematic!!!So now I have no idea what settings were or were not important.EDIT: I removed the kernel patch for NAVI as it …