Beiträge von fabiosun

for now you do not need to spoof anything

If you will buy a 6950XT pr a 6900 XT XTHX you must spoof device id to a supported one

3080 is not supported

it means no drivers for it and no acceleration (no spoof and so on)

if you use a recovery USB installer you must insert in Kext a proper Kext for ethernet card I think this one:

LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext

do not use WIFI to install because you have to find a right combination for your intel hardware

Don't mix stuff ;)

you don't need now of any ssdt to try to boot

then you could refine your ACPI folder

Firstly you have to build an EFI with a macOS Full installer of Big Sur

Try to boot and see where it hangs (if it hangs)

SSDT for GPU spoofing will be useful with 6950 GPU ( and you have to build a proper one for your IOREG GPU address)

Gotcha, following some Tutorial right now, wish me luck lol.

PS: Is Mac on a normal HDD fine as well? Or do you recommend an SSD? I believe, I just cleaning one of my big drives and install Mac there on a Partition.

Better is to use a SSD disk but system works also with a mechcanical drive (slowly)

attached is a config.plist with proper kernel patches and kext for your system

if you like you can try to study it

Remember also to adjust properly your bios settings

Dateien

Enaske if all goes well yes

I permit myself to suggest you to try to install also with your 3080 GPU to see if all is fine in your rig, you should have Big Sur installed without any graphics acceleration (VESA mode)

then you can swap your GPU with a supported one

Motherboard Bios could be also in your default settings and then:

CSM OFF/Uefi On

4G on or npci=0x2000 as boot arg if your motherboard need of this boot arg

if you don't give up fastly..you will have your system alive and kicking :)

I do not suggest to use a partition but a full disk

Maybe German user in this forum could address you to a link in this forum to create a full installer usb Pen with Big Sur 11.5

No needs to mod kernel :) :)

Now you have a few of Kernel patches to add to your config plist

if you use OCAT app you can create a "working" EFI using internal app presets

I'm not sure tho, how much performance I'm going to lose, if I swap a daily 3080 for an AMD 6900XT (since the 6950 XT seems not supported?)

It depends

If you use apps like Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere pro Davinci Resolve you will see an improvement in real benchmark

Is there any negative impact in using Big Sur compared to Monterey?

No

And how does my CPU limit anything right now?

No limit

PS: The Clover setting and everything is a pure placeholder, I had a hackintosh running a long time ago, but I am pretty much a pure noob.

Clover works also with your configuration, but it is preferred to use a more modern and supported boot loader as OpenCore

Having Dual Boot. Mac + Windows 10/11 (at some point)

Windows is installed on the M2 SSD, build into the PC.
    For MAC, I want to create a partition on my Samsung EVO 860 SSD ~ 256 GB (Don't need much more) - Maybe 512 GB and install Mac on that SSD. So Mac gonna run on a SATA - SSD.

Missed this :)

Best solution is to use two different disk as you said

If you have no data to save or miss when you try you will be zero problems to have a multiboot configuration

and you will be happy of your system

In an optimal condition you could boot your system with open core boot menu and from there to choose a system to start (in my case I have Windows 11, OSX Monterey and Ventura) all on separated NVME disk

fabiosun the Components (except the GPU) are set in Stone, since it going to be my Main Machine, I just want to get Hackintosh running as Dual Boot.

Does it mean you have yet this hardware as I see in your left system description?

If so, with new gpu (AMD 6900 xt) you can use BigSur 11.4 or greater (latest big Sur not tested but for sure till 11.5)

If you will try to update to Monterey or Ventura you will loose PCH maintained hardware (ie some M2 slot, some PCIEX and sata) and the best result it will be a system hang after few verbose lines)

I've found ASRock to sometimes have weird "choices" done in the BIOS. Mine didn't choose 1:1 for IF clock even though per spec it should have, and other such small quirks. Asus has been much more consistent in my experience.

I have had in the past a good feeling with as rock support, if you find the right channel they help in a real way to solve problems, in my case they unlocked MSR in a bios asking me if I was using their board with OSX :)

However Asus also is a good choice!

Mainboard:

MSI Meg Unify X570 (hab gehört, mit MSI Boards, soll es im aktuellen OS Probleme geben?)

CPU:

Ryzen 5950X

Motherboard is very good but with 5950x you are limited to Big Sur

If you choose a 3950x you can use it with old motherboard firmware also in macOS Ventura

MSI not advised better to choose Asus or AsRock (x570 Steel legend is good and cheaper)

Check well internal ethernet support with any motherboard you will choose because from Monterey and greater OS could be a pain to have it working well

It depends if you use app for video editing or SFX you could have the need of more ram (64Gb)

I use different kind of nvme, an old Samsung 960 pro (1Tb), 2 Sabrent rocket 4.0 with 0 problems from High Sierra to Ventura

I would not suggest to use this "beast" with Proxmox if you do not need special 32 bit apps or virtualisation apps because kernel patches are solid and all apps could work fine in bare metal

aber beim AMD traue ich mich nach dem letzten Debakel vor Monterey nicht so recht. OC und Kexte hab ich auf Stand alle....

As Hecatomb said AMD CPU works perfectly with macOS Ventura beta 5

I see in your signature you use an old OpenCore boot loader (080)

You have to update it and also all your kext

You have also to check if you have in your Kernel/Patches config.plist section latest release of them (in Ventura you have to insert an old patch named algrey - _cpuid_set_generic_info - Disable check to allow leaf7 - 13.0

It will be a beast but he has to limit to a total of 64 cores in OSX...

I have had in the past a dual xeon 2696 V4 22c 22t X2 (44c 44t)

OSX doesn't support more than 32c+32t