Beiträge von Zayed4502

thats crazy our 840 G1 works nearly perfectly in Big Sur. can u post your Verbose?

[user = '64831'] Razor12 [/ user] if it should be an M.2 card, I think you are well advised with the DW1820A or BCM94350ZAE .

gingerbread maybe u can try the HPFanReset.efi HPFanReset-2013-1205.efi.zip

xerano it turned out that macos had a couple of things disabled, the notification sounds are there working properly, and they turned off the plug in chime, its easy to turn it back on though, just a simple google.

i repeat:

why do you not use our EFI which has been successfully tested and use it with the Intel WIFI Kexts?

give it a try change your serial and ROM in the config and go for it. (dont forget to add your intel kext to load in it)

I also tried that, maybe jsut an issue with MacOS Big Sur, the functionality seems to be restored if I go back to Catalia

I was messing around with my efi and after i recreated my config.plist i forgot to add smbios and did a reboot, i rebooted into MacOS successfully and didnt realize it until the appleid and chrome signing out kicked in. I also saw that all the audio kicked in as well, by which i mean that when yu plug in the computer, there used to be a plug in chime like that in iOS, and all the notifications also have a sound. so i was wondering why the sound only kiced in whn i didnt add an smbios, i added a new or my old and the audio for these minor details seem to go away, the audio still works, i still get the feedback for changing the volume by the volume buttons but the rest dosent work and i would like for it to.

i got chomped last time so i will say: it has intel wifi and bluetotoh kext, SMCSuperIO kext, and the usb ports are custom mapped. OC 0.6.4

edit: apple hates all good things, its just burried deep within macos turned off by default so nvm this post

Dateien

• EFI.zip

(22,86 MB, 75 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Hi there @Postage.

First off, welcome to the hackintosh community. I have the same exact specs as you seeming that I have a working hackintosh, you should have one ready in no time. Now I followed this one guide that explained it all to me but the guide was for Clover UEFI, but at least that is a start. Now I did not have a Mac accessible to me so what I decided to do was follow the N * resh route and get a semi bootable hackintosh. To do this route, I downloaded a torrent filewhich allowed me to download their N * resh Catalina dmg, I started when catalina was still the latest. Now that I had the dmg, I used transmac to flash it onto a usb drive, booted from it and did a standard install. Once I was able to boot into MacOS, I plugged in an ethernet cable and downloaded the Catalina installer, or Big Sur now. I then proceeded to follow the steps back at this guide. I was able to basically semi-cheat my way into installing MacOS but at least I had gotten it installed. Now that I did have it installed. I started to follow Dortanias OpenCore guide to start building my EFI. it does get a little bit tedious rebooting after every small and minimal change but it definitely worth it. I will attach a copy of my efi and configuration to help you get started, but remember to use mine ONLY as a reference, unless it works perfectly for you, then be my guest and use it. I did map my own usb ports using Hackintool. The biggest time taking process of my semi-guide would be the multiple time installation of MacOS and making the OpenCore config.plist. Now everyone would yell at me for approaching this at the N * resh caatalina way at the begining but it is what it is. Now a little about my efi, I am using VoodooHDA and the audio quality is a little crappy when compared to AppleALC but the only reason I do use VoodooHDA is because I cannot seem to get the microphone to work properly with the HP Slim Dock 2013. Everything works as expected except Apple's continuity features but that is expected, and Bluetooth is having some issues but if you do configure the itlwm.kext properly, basically populating the 4 WiFi ssid and password slots, the WiFi works great. I was trying to configure the boot chime to work but that is a bust as well. If the USBs don't work to your liking or if there are any bugs, I recommend generating you own USBPorts.kext and ssdt patches using kext properly, basically populating the 4 WiFi ssid and password slots, the WiFi works great. I was trying to configure the boot chime to work but that is a bust as well. If the USBs don't work to your liking or if there are any bugs, I recommend generating you own USBPorts.kext and ssdt patches using kext properly, basically populating the 4 WiFi ssid and password slots, the WiFi works great. I was trying to configure the boot chime to work but that is a bust as well. If the USBs don't work to your liking or if there are any bugs, I recommend generating you own USBPorts.kext and ssdt patches using this link provided to me by this kind forum earlier. It should take a max day or maybe half of the next day but at the end we are left with one happy hackintosher and a hackintosh running Big Sur. Also, with my EFI you HAVE to generate your own smbios but once done it will work smoothly.

Some info to keep in mind:

• I have SIP enabled, which is recommended for updating MacOS like one would using the System Preferences pane.
    • I am suing 84 for my alcid, you will understand this one you have read through the guides.
    • To generate a basic config.plist for OpenCore, I used OC Gen-X.
    • To edit the plist from here on out, I used / am using OpenCore configurator.
    • My efi is based off of the OpenCore 0.6.3 debug release.
    • To edit all other plists, I use Xcode or plist editor pro
    • OpenCore configurator also has a SMBIOS generator.
    • As [user = '75497'] Zoc [/ user] has mentioned, Sanity checker seems to be pointing out some problems with the config.plist, but whn those problems have been resolved, the system dosent seem to boot.
    • When you do have a bootable EFI, always remebrer to backup the EFI to a flash drive.
    • Keep the system in UEFI with csm enabled until all changes to the EFI have been made and they are final. Then you can change it to UEFI with csm disabled. (This is mainly for usb booting purposes.)
    • All trackpad features also work so all the gestures, except the force touch.
    • DO NOT UPDATE THE VoodooPS2.kext EVER, AS IT WILL CAUSE THE TRACKPAD AND KEYNOARD TO MOST LIKELY DROP OUT, BUT ALL THE REST ARE UPDATEABLE.

Hopefully I have helped you out with this post.

Good luck hackintoshing,

[user = '74316'] Zayed4502 [/ user]

I dont have a definite time but it takes much longer than expected, somewhere around 3 mins now, it was taking about a minute to bootup earlier but thats because of all the delays put in, but I have a feeling its probably one of the kexts messing me up. And thanks for the tip on Hackintool, Ill look into it.

Why do you have 2 ACPI files for different models in there? VoodooHDA is crap. ACPIBattery can also be omitted by using the SMCBattery Kext. Personally, I would prefer to take everything from a single source (OpenCore developer) you also have 2 USB Kexte in it where I don't understand why. USBInjectAll or USBPorts.kext.

Don't get me wrong, but your EFI is not so "clean" thought out.

Yes, the card reader was new to me too

I used it as well but the top quote... I had it working earlier but I cant seem to figure it out.

Why do you have 2 ACPI files for different models in there? VoodooHDA is crap. ACPIBattery can also be omitted by using the SMCBattery Kext. Personally, I would prefer to take everything from a single source (OpenCore developer) you also have 2 USB Kexte in it where I don't understand why. USBInjectAll or USBPorts.kext.

Don't get me wrong, but your EFI is not so "clean" thought out.

Yea I know that it is not so "clean" but the only reason I keep it with two ACPI files is because I want to make minimal changes to the config.plist when switching between the eb g1 and eb g2. and I know that VoodooHDA is crappy but I cant seem to get the microphone to work properly at all. It dies out in 2 hours and has a clicking sound. and dosent work if the system goes to sleep and wakes up. ik about the ACPIBattery but im just to lazy lol. I never got USBs to work without both USBInjectAll and USBPorts.kext on OC 0.5.9-0.6.3 so i never bothered taking it out for the OC 0.6.4 update. issues smh. Ill just do it now ig.

I edited the EFI to get it working for all 1600x900 screens as it is what i have xD. everything is working except that I am using VoodooHDA because i am having some issues with AppleALC and my 2013 slim dock, sometimes it uses the mic and sometimes it wants to use the microphone port on the dock's back. It is still there in the EFI folder and the config.plist, just disabled lol. Like Big Sur, AppleALC has the memory to store the settings on audio for the speaker and headphonejack, (eg. muted speakers and 70% volume on the headphones), but VoodooHDA seems to not do that. It has the itlwm.kext, passwords and ssids need to be added. Big thing: it works perfectly with Big Sur 11.0.1 Final. All issues have been tracked down and fixed other than the mic issue.

Dateien

• EFI.zip

(23,94 MB, 76 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Hey guys, I have fixed all of my issues after updating to OC 0.6.3, all i am having trouble with now is the really slow boot times. Also i have a message that says the the efi is invalid, do you still want to boot? I have had this for a long time but was wondering if there is a way to remove this...

Alright guys, i updated to 0.6.3 successfully, and after that i thought abotu giving the smbus rmi and ps2 a test and i seem to have it working now, and my microphone only seems to work sometimes as well, but on some reboots, it dosent want to work. I am using applalc.kext

edit: I cant connect to any external drives. i tested the ports with both an iPhone and a samsung and finder picks up the iPhone and samsung dex and aft picks up the samsung and succesful read and write with them but if i plug in any usb storage drive, they dont seem to work. my wireless mouse/keyboard usb receiver works as well. network drives also work. so just the directly plugable usb drives.

diskutil on the terminal and the diskutility app dosent show them as well.
    edit: I updated the kexts and i fixed the microphone and the lights show up on the external usbs but still not detected by macos on diskutil or fdisk

I am in need of help again lol. I am having some trackpad issues where I can use the trackpad with ALL gestures except 4 finger ones because of the trackpad size BUT the buttons are not clickable. I used to use the Voodoo PS2 from Rehabman until very recently after learning about acidanthera's Voodoo PS2 with support for trackpad gestures. My laptop has a trackpad, NOT CLICKABLE, and four buttons, 2 on the bottom, and 2 on the top. As the trackapd is not clickable, I cannot select something and drag it or anything that would require me to press and hold the button and then use the trackpad.When I used the PS2 directly from the acidanthera repo, I couldn't get the trackpad to work either, but I found this repo which is a fork of the acidanthera repo and its modified to work with synaptics, this allowed me to use the trackpad but still no buttons. I use an external mouse for now, but I would like the functionality of these buttons to be restored. I don't think I have put anything in my dsdt files. I couldn't get the trackpad to work earlier as well but thanks to this fork, I can get the trackpad to work, but not the buttons. I have set the force touch emulation to 0 did hoping would bring back the functions on of the buttons, but did not work out.

Im attaching my EFI: OC_0.6.2.zip, It is running OpenCore 0.6.2. I am stripping my smbios ...