Beiträge von asheenlevrai

Asus prime z370-a

https://www.asus.com/Motherboa…ME-Z370-A/specifications/

kuko Actually I don't know hot to move WEG in third position using ProperTree...

hackmac004 I tried your EFI and I can reach the installer :D

I looked at how your config.plist is different from mine and actually there are MANY differences:

- You have both SSDT-AWAC and SSDT-PMC while I have none. I believe I tried adding both too and it didn't work but I should double-check that

- You have a whole bunch of tools that I don't have.

- You have nothing in DeviceProperties

- Your use iMacPro1,1 while I use iMac19,1

Otherwise I found at least 18 differences, most of which I have no idea what it implies. I will have to look into all that carefully I guess.

Thanks a LOT! :D

EDIT: I tried reverting all the settings from your config.plist to what they are in mine, except for anything related to ACPI and Tools, and I get the same kernel panic at boot. Thus I believe it indicates that the content of ACPI and Tools folders are not where I should be looking for the cause of my issue but rather in the settings of my config.plist. I have a hunch that it has to do with the SystemProductName, but I will look into all the settings to see what they mean...

EDIT2:

I think I nailed it...

I needed to enable EnableWriteUnprotector, although the guide recommends not to.

The setting of RebuildAppleMemoryMap (possibly conflicting) doesn't seem to have any effect.

hello asheenlevrai

please put your hardware - software specs into your profile or your signature, so it would be easier for the supporters here to support you for now and later ,

thx

how-to:

• profile: upper right -> controlcenter -> edit profile
    • signature: upper right -> controlcenter -> user account -> signature

I'll do that. My only problem is that I have about 15 rigs I manage on a daily basis... Which one should I consider "my hardware"?

Two things:

1. WhateverGreen.kext should be the third one in config, not at last

2. BIOS settings: CSM is disabled?

1) I used properTree -> OC clean snapshot. This is supposed to arrange them automatically in the good order, right?

In addition, https://opencore.slowgeek.com seems to indicate my config.plist looks fine. I will try moving WEG to 3rd position and give it a shot, though. Thanks

2) yes

Hi,

your config looks flawless, except for no generated SMBIOS under Generic. I found a SSDT-RTC0. You can try with this one.

Thank you :) Where did you find this file?

I tried it but it's still the same thing...

Do you think the AWAC/RPC clock, or whatever that is, is the cause of the problem?

I was wondering if the CPU might no be recognized or something like that. Again, I have no idea what all this gibberish means during the boot sequence... Or maybe a CFG-lock issue? Although I disabled it in the BIOS... but I think I have redundant settings in config.plist to disable CFG-lock. Maybe that is wrong...

Hi :)

After successfully using OpenCore 0.6.1 to install Catalina on my Ryzentoshes, I'm trying to install Catalina 10.15.7 on one of my Intel builds:

- Asus z370-a (latest BIOS)

- Intel i7 8700k

- Rx590 8GB

- 2x 8GB 2400MHz DDR4

- 240GB Corsair MP500 PCIe3.0 x4 NVME SSD

This machine is currently running Mojave 10.14.6 via Clover 4910 but I want to perform a clean install (wipe the current SSD).

I followed the guide on Dortania to create a new USB installer for Coffee Lake, including all kexts, config.plist (attached below), etc
    Let me know if I forgot something here:

However, upon booting on the USB installer and selecting

"macOS base system (external)"

I get a (kernel?) panic (see screenshot)

Any idea what may cause this? My Google-fu didn't lead me anywhere useful...

I didn't use SSDT-AWAC.aml as it is apparently not necessary for ASUS z370 boards but on the guide they mention SSDT-RTC0 as an alternative.

I couldn't find SSDT-RTC0.aml.

Maybe that is the source of my problem? Maybe not... I tried adding SSDT-AWAC.aml to my config.plist and in EFI/OC/ACPI but there was no effect. I also tried SSDT-PMC.aml from here -> same thing...

NOTES:

The guide on Dortania recommends changing the following BIOS settings. However, they are apparently absent from the BIOS on the z370-a and thus I couldn't change them or check whether they are set to what they should:

- Parallel port (-> disabled) : there is no parallel port on this MB

- Intel platform trust (-> disabled)

- Execute disabled bit (-> enabled)

- EHCI/XHCI hand-off (-> enabled) : I believe there are only XHCI controllers on this MB

Thank you very much in advance for your help :)

Best,

-a-

Dateien

• config.plist

(23,61 kB, 209 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

I feel like I wanna hurt myself now :wallbash::facepalm: (I won't)

Actually It wasn't about SMBIOS setting or whatever.

When I switched from iMacPro1,1 to MacPro7,1 I also switched what DP I used on my graphics card.

My MSI Rx500XT has 4 ports: 1 HDMI and 3 DP.

Except for 1 DP (the one furthest from the HDMI port) all other ports don't cause black screens.

I was literally using the only DP that is problematic!!!

So now I have no idea what settings were or were not important.

EDIT: I removed the kernel patch for NAVI as it is no longer required (after install) as mentioned in the original bug report on github.

Thank you very much again for all the help and the time you provided.

Best,

-a-

PS: Maybe I should do something, change a setting, to have this last DP working normally. If this would bring more stability to my Ryzentosh I'd do it. But I don't necessarily need that 3rd DP

Maybe it's impossible to make it work. In this case, I'm fine...

PPS: should I remove agdpmod from boot-args?

With this MacPro7,1 value that now allows the PC to boot relatively OK, I tried changing back from agdpmod=ignore to agdpmod=pikera and it doesn't seem to change anything

Aluveitie

"You'd need to re-generate the SystemSerialNumber, that one depends on the chosen SMBIOS. The SerialNumber you can leave the same."

I'd need to learn how to do that (Apfelnico helped me out here ;)).

Aluveitie

"MacOS has some expectations regarding RAM on MacPro7,1 that are not met and it warns the user that something is not as expected. But it does not affect anything.

For the warning you'd need a kext to suppress the notification: https://github.com/IOIIIO/MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler"

Thank you very much for the link to this kext :)

1. Please try what I added in # 16.

2. Maybe remove "agdpmod = pikera"

(NVRAM \ Add \ 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 \ boot-args)

Thanks a lot!

I didn't see #16

I tried your config.plist but it didn't change the outcome. Still stuck at the same level :(

After removing agdpmod=pikera from boot-args

-> same thing. The only improvement is that now the PC can shutdown/reboot normally (I don't need to press the power/reset button anymore). I'm not sure I should consider this an improvement (since there might be other ways to fix that), but at least it's that.

Thanks again, though...

EDIT!:

I tried the following

And now after reboot my display is working and the resolution is right :)))

However, the mac doesn't seem to be sure wheter it's an iMacPro or a MacPro !?!?!

And I get an error message saying there is now too much ram on my MacPro

Should I be concerned?

How good of a choice was it to move from iMacPro1,1 to MacPro7,1?

Seems like OpenCore Configurator is corrupting the file. I've never used it, XCode oder ProperTree seem far saver options.

I agree.

I used it because of this post. As a last resort since I don't know how to obtain those values for PciRoot..., AAPL,slot-number etc.

but since these do not seem to be correct (at least for AAPL,slot-name), maybe I should get them otherwise and do the changes in ProperTree (again starting from my original config.plist.

On the same thread, someone said to boot into recovery and use gfxutil to obtain the value for PciRoot... I don't know how to do that, though. Maybe you know?

OK... I couldn't find it. So...

I went back to my "original" config.plist (the one that works well with my Rx590) and started all over again to edit it in order to use the Rx5500XT.

Again I did everything I could in ProperTree (adding the boot-arg, adding the patch into Kernel->Patch) and then I used OpenCore Configurator to add the part in DeviceProperties. This time I did all that while the Rx5500XT was in the PC and the values OpenCore Configurator added for PciRoot..., AAPL,slot-name may be identical to what I previously got doing the same thing while using the Rx590. are:

- previously (Rx590): PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

- now (Rx5500XT): PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

After Saving and exit OpenCore Configurator, I tried opening the file with ProperTree and unfortunately (like the 1st time I did this whole thing) I get an error message from ProperTree and the file won't open. Error at line 206 which is in the DeviceProperties section where the name of the model of the GPU is indicated:

<string>Radeon RX 5500 XT</string>

Well... I ignored that (since nothing seems to make it go away) and rebooted.

I'm back at the same spot (black screen after progress bar at the Apple logo. I access the PC via VNC).

Any idea?

Just a quick question: The thing about AAPL,slot-name, is it only cosmetic (what will be displayed in System Report or does it affect how hardware works/is recognized?

Thanks a lot

-a-

Then I don't know. I dismantled my rig recently to upgrade so I cannot check what value my old RX 5500 XT had...

It does not work without the ATY,Rom property injected? The bug is described within the installer, so it should run without any injected properties/ACPI renames as far as I understand the issue.

I removed ATY,Rom# and indeed nothing changed.

Not better, not worse

In the beginning, I also thought that I shouldn't add anything in DeviceProperties (only the boot-arg and the kernel->patch, as described in the installer guide on Dortania). However this didn't work either. Maybe now I should revert and see how different it was compared to where I am now...

"WhateverGreen.kext" should provide any correct values. Only the specification of the "PCI slot" _COULD_ look a bit strange due to the ACPI (not optimized for macOS).

If you want to change that, the entry "AAPL, slot-name" is sufficient. For this I would use the value "Slot-1" instead of "Internal ...", because the graphics card is in a PCIe slot and is not integrated on the mainboard.

Should I replace "internal@0,3,1/0,0" with "slot-1" or rather "slot-1@(something)"?

Judging from the OC error message I'd think you made an error when entering the patch into the config.plist. Check the type and data field are set correctly and/or upload the config.plist to have a look.

OK, so I went back to my "original" config.plist (the one that works well with my Rx590) and started again to edit it in order to use the Rx5500XT.

This time I did everything I could in ProperTree (adding the boot-arg, adding the patch into Kernel->Patch) and then I used OpenCore Configurator to add the part in DeviceProperties (including the ATY,Rom# injection). Again, I did all that while the Rx590 was in the PC and The values OpenCore Configurator added for PciRoot..., AAPL,slot-name may be incorrect. Once again, for ATY,Rom# I just copied the value I found here.

After Saving and exit OpenCore Configurator, I tried opening the file with ProperTree and This time I didn't get any error message from ProperTree and the file opened normally (this was a small win for me :D )

I shut down the PC and replaced the Rx590 with the Rx5500XT, booted, and this time I didn't get any error message early. So I guess the patch found the data it was supposed to replace, maybe... I don't know... I reached the Apple logo and this time the progress bar went to about 75% before I ended up with a black screen (damn!)

However, I can reach macOS via VNC. The display is low res (as if the GPU wasn't recognized), but SystemReport seems to show my Rx 5500XT

Here are the plist file that works with my Rx590 and the "experimental" one for the Rx5500XT.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best,

-a-

Hi :)

I recently built my 1st ryzentosh.

my rig:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT (CPU)

Asus TUF gaming X570 Plus (MB)

2x 16GB G.skill TridentZ 3600MHz (DDR4 RAM)

MSI Radeon rx5500XT mech 4g oc (GPU with 4GB gDDR6)

Seagate Firecuda 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

I also used Opencore (0.6.1) for the 1st time and followed the install guides on Dortania to install Catalina (10.15.6).

Now I couldn't install with my MSI Rx 5500XT. Apparently this is a known bug for MSI 5000 series cards that is mentioned in the install guide (Dortania) so I swapped an Rx590, removed pikera mod, and finished the install.

I hoped the MSI 5500XT would work after Catalina is installed as mentioned here. It didn't. I was disappointed since 2 posts (including this one) in this thread mentioned that it should work once macOS loads from the SSD rather than the USB installer.

I tried applying the patch mention here in the guide as well. It didn't fix my problem. I was wondering if maybe this patch is specific for MSI 5700XT cards and wouldn't work for 5500XT cards (values in the patch would need to be different).

I guess I should follow the advice mentioned here (injecting ATY,Rom#). But I am not sure how to do it. I don't have a dual boot with windows on this machine to perform this.

And although this post mentions Opencore Configurator, the guide on Dortania specifies to stay away from any kind of automatic configurators...

I guess I should try gfxutil in recovery, as indicated here but I'm not sure how to use gfxutil in this case. I am not familiar with it.

I don't really know how to access gfxutil (located on the desktop) when I am in recovery (using bash). It seems different than the terminal in macOS.

Thus, I tried the following which didn't work. It was probably pushing my luck too far...

- While the Rx590 was into my rig:

a) install Opencore Configurator and added the GPU in DeviceProperties as described here. (I was hoping the value for "PciRoot..." and "AAPL,slot-name" would be the same no matter what card is present.). Then saved my config.plist

b) Since then my config.plist file could no longer be opened using ProperTree because of an error in line 206 (value for "model" of the GPU in DevceProperties). This remained no matter what I put here. Since then, I made subsequent modifications using TextEdit...

c) Added the patch for MSI 5000 series GPU in Kernel->Patch as described here and here.

d) Added "agdpmod=pikera" in boot-args

e) Shut down the PC

Then I replaced the Rx590 with the Rx5500XT

I tried to boot but I get the following message before drive selection in OpenCore:

"OCS: Failed to parse data field as blob with type boolean and <4154592C526F6D2300> contents, context <Replace>!"

"OCS: Failed to parse data field as blob with type boolean and <414D442C526F6D2300> contents, context <Replace>!"

Then boot continues through drive selection and then crashes while the apple logo is displayed (no progress bar). This time it didn't end with a black screen, though ;)

I guess this means that either I made a typo somewhere or the data that need to be found and replaced by the patch are not the good ones (maybe these work with MSI 5700XT cards but not with MSI 5500XT cards).

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Tx

-a-