Beiträge von RaymanOne

Thanks, I figured it out by myself already. I just mapped the USB ports, trackpad and touchscreen both work. And even sleep without actually fixing it deliberately!

The last two issues I'm tackling right now is the missing sound (which alcid is it actually?) and the temporary black screen on the internal display. It is even not recognized to be internal. That's weird!

So I'm running latest Big Sur and OCv0.6.6 with a strange side effect it shows it's v0.6.3. Silly!

It's a config for 4K internal screen.Do you have it? I have and 0 problem with this config. Sound yes, it's a problem now. We should somehow report our id's to opencore devs.

how well does the XPS17 work With MacOs?

How does battery life looks like?

What functions / features do not work? (Sleep / awake, brightness, wifi etc?)

For now Sleep doesn't work at all, wifi not very stable. Major issue is problem with sound from built-in speakers, it doesn't work.

1) My suggestions is install macOS on second ssd(xps 15 and 17 have two m.2 slots) and on another you can safely use native win and linux without problem.

2) As I know additional kexts need.

3) Look at wifi kexts in Vivandi tutorial, built in wifi and bt should work with this.

Thanks pal! How do you think, it's suitable with Big Sur? I wanna try at the end of September.

What about the build?

I'm also thinking of buying a Dell XPS 17 and now I can't see exactly whether it works. And if it does what works and what doesn't, would you recommend the laptop to me?

Main problem it's a wifi card. It's soldered and I can't see for now any proofs what it can works with some kexts in macos.