Beiträge von kay2wild

The ++++ signs present the loss of contact to the USB during the installation process. Did you try other USB ports?

What's the meaning of "Disk Creator" - what did you do?

I used "Install Disk Creator" from macdaddy.io to build my bootable.

Update:

In the process of installing Yosemite instead of High Sierra as we speak. Also used the "createinstallmedia" command in terminal instead of using Disk Creator (dont know if that made a difference but ...)

Thanks for all your help gentlemen.

Successfully installed El Capitan.

Using SmBIOS:

MacBookPro5,1 - Lets me install MacOS as high as El Capitan

MacBookPro7.1 - Lets me install MacOS as high as High Sierra

The

This is the thread: El Capitan on the T61? Yes, but definitely!

Structure is "EFI / EFI / CLOVER", so i called it the EFI (in fact it's Clover without folder EFI).

I used the EFI provided by g-force but still, Black screen with the plus signs. Mind you I dont have any pre-exisiting Mac OS on the T61, that shouldnt matter right?

All i did was use Disk Creator, then Clover r5120 to create the bootloader, than I replace my EFI with the one provided by g-force

Thats the exact same file I've been using for like a month now. I've tried replacing the entire CLOVER folder. I've tried using the latest clover and putting the efi files in their appropriate driver> BIOS folder, go to SMBIOS generate a serial save it, and nothing.

Ive been trying with Catalina, should i try to use High Sierra

you have to install (not only copy the efi-folder into the efi-partition) clover in bios / mbr mode, then compare the contents from macPeet's efi-folder with your fresh installed one, look for updated versions of the containing ... text and ... efi-files, and if there are existing updates use them instead in the appropriate folders.

I swear I've done that. I used Clover r5120, than copied the drivers64 files from MacPeet drivers into my drivers / BIOS folder, copied the ACPI folder, config.plist, and neccessary kexts. Trying as I type this...

MacPeet`s Clover was created with an older version of Clover, it has a different structure. If you mess it with Clover 5120 it won`t regocnize the drivers-folder.

Use MacPeet`s Clover without updating to 5120.

How would I do that without using the latest clover? Cant I just use the latest clover and copy over MacPeet files into the appropriate folders(which I've tried; didnt work)

Hey For whatever reasons I'm having trouble installing Catalina on my T61. Im using the latest clover r5120, copied over MacPeet Clover flies, clicked generate to generate my own serial, saved it, plugged it up, but no go.